14. Alehana Mara
15. Ivan Penehe
16. Kitiona Pasene
17. Anthony Gelling

Coach - Ritchie Blackmore
Asst Coach - Jason Lowrie
Manager - Mick Lacey

danpatmac_old

i see tupou in the centres, I think he could do a job in first grade with some experience

numbnutsnz_old

Tupou needs to actually fool someone with the step of his before he becomes a decent centre.

danpatmac_old

Tupou needs to actually fool someone with the step of his before he becomes a decent centre.

The point I'm making is that he needs games and to be given a shot at it for a sustained period. He is a solid defender, he doesn't make dumb mistakes and he has a bit of pace.
His potential at centre is better than Mannering and Brown, so let's see what happens after a while.

Fazz_old

Was it Spence that said he saw Tupou absolutely dominate a half of footbal when he was put at centre? I'm sure this is a club requested move, good to see they're looking to solve our centre problems. A string (5 or 6) of good games could see Tupou elevated into the NRL team

danpatmac_old

Was it Spence that said he saw Tupou absolutely dominate a half of footbal when he was put at centre? I'm sure this is a club requested move, good to see they're looking to solve our centre problems. A string (5 or 6) of good games could see Tupou elevated into the NRL team

Couldn't agree more bro... the kid is so young and has obviously got some people at the club behind him. The fact is we are short of centres and he has first grade experience, he is a fairly sensible player and has 'potential'.
Let's give him half a dozen games at centre for the Vulcans because if we get deep into the season, playoffs even and we lose some bodies he is gonna be required.

Chch fan_old

Will be intresting to see how Tupou goes in the centers, I wish these guys got some decent TV couverage. Good to see John and Godinet in the halves hopefully they stay together for a few weeks until Seymore/Johnson comes back. I see Penene is on the bench have heard a lot of good things about him, has he not been going so well? Also means only two fowards on the bench. Go the Vulcans! Hopefully back on track this week.

Fazz_old

He's been hurt most of the year, probably lack of match fitness I'd assume. Hopefully with Godinet back in they'll look as good as they did earlier in the season. Tupou will be a good centre if he can defend there imo as he's very good in the air on attack and defense which would take some of the pressure off of his winger imo. Could be a bolter for a regular starting spot in the centres next year at the very least.

Chch fan_old

I like the idea of giving him a go in the centres, was solid in first grade on the wing but if this comes off will be a big string to is bow and a big deal for the club. Lets see how it goes before we get excited though...

Spence_old

Yeah, I was the one raving about Tupou in the centres. He played extremely well there. Much more suited to centre than wing, I reckon.

Good to see Godinet back from injury.

Fazz_old

Hopefully his form is like that on a consistent basis, would be great if it came off. Did he have to do much defending when you saw him play there? Or not much to comment on?

Fazz_old

Yeah, can't complain then haha. Fingers crossed it works out, it'd be good to have 2 actual centres in the centres next year...

Iafeta_old

In the NYC he was playing left centre with Suiatonga Likiliki on the right side.

Spence_old

Updated Vulcans team (off facebook):

1. Glen Fisiiahi
2. Willy Peace
15. Ivan Penehe
4. Bill Tupou
5. Nuivoa Taka
6. Isaac John
18. Willy Heta
8. Mataupu Poching
9. Darin Kingi
10. Saulala Houma