General Auckland Rugby League Finals

PB_old

Saturday, 20th August at Mt Smart (No.1 ground).

11AM SAS Sharman Cup
  • Bay Roskill Vikings v Point Chevalier Pirates

12.45PM Mandron Masonry Phelan Shield
  • Papatoetoe Panthers v New Lynn Stags

3PM Appliance Shed Fox Memorial
  • Otahuhu Leopards v Howick Hornets

Tickets available at the ARL office during the week (Level 2, 17-19*Beasley Ave, Penrose), or at the gate on gameday.

$10 Adults
$3 Seniors
$3 Children
$23 Family Pass (2 Aduts, 3 kids)

Last edited by a moderator:

Northern_Union

Well the mighty Bears may not be there but there feeder club is in the New Lyn Stags :D

playdaball_old

Well the mighty Bears may not be there but there feeder club is in the New Lyn Stags :D

Go New Lynn and Pt Chev (2 of my old clubs)!!!

I'd love to also see Howick win the Fox - 1st time ever.

I saw the games on Maori TV ... great entertainment!!!!

PB_old

Marlins aren't playing, which sucks, so I'll have to go for the local team. Go Stags!

playdaball_old

I haven't been to the New Lynn Club for years but it was a big part of my families life for a long time. I can still remember when they were the Falcons prior to the Stags. We used to only have teams to U16 and then you'd generally go to Glenora. The area was different then too as we were seen as one of the 'European' clubs - still 'working class'.

Great club and many many fond memories.

I wonder if my photo is still on the wall there? I bet my father's photo is ... life member.

Go the Stags!!!!!!!!!

PS - I'll try and get there on Saturday however I've got another committment.

PB_old

00002670_GRANDFINAL.jpg

Patu_old

If people want to see Ruben Wiki pull on the boots again, he will be doing so for the Senior A Bay Roskill 'God Squad' next Saturday 27th in the Senior A final. He played in their semi-final against Papatoetoe in the weekend and was epic.

LordGnome_old

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the diffeference between the three competitions?

Spence_old

Phelan is the 3rd, Sharman 2nd and Fox the top division.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking_old

The Bay Roskill God Squad is a team from the church that Ben Henry and Jerome Ropati go to. They've been strong in the Senior A comp for years. Ben has been playing for them since he was 15. Cool of Rueben to run with them but a bit unfair on Papatoetoe I suppose.

God Squad to win the Senior A's.

Stags to win the Phelan.

Point to win the Sharman - I support both clubs but there can only be one winner and Point have really risen from the ashes, going from almost dissappearing altogether to the Fox in 5 or so years. Bay go up to Fox next year as well so that's a good consolation prize for them.

Howick to win the Fox - go Dave Mu and the boys.

playdaball_old

They were there as the Blockhouse Bay Cougers before amalgamating with Roskill I was told in the weekend.

I would have thought it would have been around the other way i.e Mt Roskill Devils in ahead of the Cougars. Imagine if they reformed (Blockhouse Bay Cougars) and had a ladies team called the COUGARS!

PB_old

Pt Chev 24 def. Bay Roskill 16

New Lynn 32 def. Papatoetoe 30

Howick 24 def. Otahuhu 14