General Attn: Brian McClennan

Spence_old

We're still so close from being a devastating team. Locke scores that try, Tupou doesn't drop the ball cold with the line open, Maloney manages to beat Barba - along with not letting the Bulldogs score such ridiculous tries: easy win. We're looking like a bit of a rabble at the moment, but I can't see how one wouldn't be optimistic.

mr frank white_old

Does no one else remember the first 3 games of last season...?

I liked Cleary a lot, but was happy when he moved on - I feel the same way now.

qft. 0-3 last year, which was Cleary's 6th in charge. Blueys gone 1-2 in his first 3 ever. Pretty sure its muffed tries, dropped ball & bad d that cost us the other 2.

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

I was all for Ivan being let go, and I stand by my opinion.

I still fully support Bluey, but am nervous after he seems to be repeating Ivan's mistakes with certain players and positions.

This obsessive fiddling with the centres, when there is a clear answer to centre issues, is totally confusing. I am really starting to wonder what Inu has done, and why at least he hasn't come out and explained the logic.

Certain players seem to get automatic selection under both Bluey and Ivan. Last year Ivan never considered dropping Heremaia, Hohaia or Seymour no matter how badly they played even though we had obvious replacements waiting in the wings for their chance. When Ivan was finally forced to make the changes he switched straight back immediately, leaving these players on the out again to return to the monotenous averageness of Lance, Aaron and Brett. This year it appears it will be Ropo and Henry over Inu.

It

warriors4life_old

Fickle forum.

Posters had been calling for Cleary's head left, right and centre for years up until the playoff run last year. Now they got the man they wanted and have given up on him three games in.

Props to those in this thread who have some common sense.

surfin_old

In the light of Spence's last post (which I have just seen), I withdraw the opening comment of mine.

Does anyone still seriously think Maloney's got his mind on the Roosters in 2013??

Never did, they guy is far too competitive to be worrying about next year.

Lego_Man_old

If the following USELESS TARDS werent in the team we could/would have won:

Ropati
Ta'ai

Ropati's defensive woes directly led to 2 tries, and the Ta'ai dropped ball inthe first set put us well on the back foot, not to mention his numerous later sins.

Also why the hell was McLennan using Ropati as a second row hitup merchant for half the game?

As for the rest...we didnt look like penetrating but for Maloney/Mateo's individual magic. I am far more pessimistic after seeing that game.

surfin_old

Does no one else remember the first 3 games of last season...?

I liked Cleary a lot, but was happy when he moved on - I feel the same way now.

The Dogs were also 3-0 at the start of last year so although preferable this start doesn't mean we're gone. Two very different coaching styles though one was bagged for being too slow to change players the other for doing it every couple of hours. :cf::

sebastian_old

I've never seen Ropati in worse form. I'm even counting back to 2009, where he was unspeakably bad. This season he has risen to a new level of woe. Love to have another quality centre on our books, but his form has been literally shocking. If he keeps this up, he not only shouldn't be in the team, he should be off the the ESL.

motu1_old

I've never seen Ropati in worse form. I'm even counting back to 2009, where he was unspeakably bad. This season he has risen to a new level of woe. Love to have another quality centre on our books, but his form has been literally shocking. If he keeps this up, he not only shouldn't be in the team, he should be off the the ESL.

we have another qaulity centre his names inu

Magic Stick_old

Why did we let a good cheap center in Moon go, he was coming into his own last year .was huge for us down the stretch when he got recalled

Buck777_old

My concern is that Bluey is a motivator, but, why aren't the Warriors coming out motivated. Why is it taking 20 minutes to wake up?

DanKokoro_old

We're still so close from being a devastating team. Locke scores that try, Tupou doesn't drop the ball cold with the line open, Maloney manages to beat Barba - along with not letting the Bulldogs score such ridiculous tries: easy win. We're looking like a bit of a rabble at the moment, but I can't see how one wouldn't be optimistic.

I'm with you. Can't really understand all the doom and gloom. We had 30 points in us today easy. If Bluey quits it with the weird shit he's doing to our backline and we sort out our starts we have top 4 written all over us i recks.

If i'm worried about anything (besides injuries) it's what we're going to do when Maloney leaves.. He was absolutely dynamite again today. possible Dally M if he keeps playing like that?

sebastian_old

I'm with you. Can't really understand all the doom and gloom. We had 30 points in us today easy. If Bluey quits it with the weird shit he's doing to our backline and we sort out our starts we have top 4 written all over us i recks.

If i'm worried about anything (besides injuries) it's what we're going to do when Maloney leaves.. He was absolutely dynamite again today. possible Dally M if he keeps playing like that?

I'm with you guys, way too much class in this team, not to do well. I guess that makes the bumps along the way, that much more frustrating.

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

This is something else I have been pondering.

If Bluey doesn't want to play Inu, why name him in the teamlist? Why not let the Vulcans benefit from his abilities. If he isn't going to use players he should allow them in the Vulcans. I hate that the 18th man is usually someone who would be a big influence in the NSW Cup team, but they miss out so we can pretend that they are a real chance in first grade.

Lego_Man_old

Uhh maybe it's because we only have 4 topline players in good form:

Maloney
Mateo
Matulino
Hurrell

The last man on that list is now injured, and the first two seem to be responsible for 75% of our attack. Locke's support play is non-existent and he is incapable of breaking the line at the moment (bar that one play today).

More worryingly McLennan responds to any adversity by doing either something completely nonsensical (swapping Manu's wing) or selecting the guy who smiles at him the most at training (Ben Henry at the moment).

Does it not worry you that our most effective back at the moment is one who has little more than a season of League under his belt?

Players who have to go ASAP:

Ta'ai
Ropati

Players on a knife edge:

Locke
Vatuvei

Northern_Union

No my simple little friend, but he is messing with the team week to week, which is why the team cant settle into solid defensive patterns. Now get back to colouring in you colouring books.

No need for the insults in your post. Spence has every right to question your post in the fashion he did.

surfin_old

I don't like bagging players but I did have a bit of a tanty when they said Ropati was in and Inu out, makes it even worse when the first two tries can be traced to that position.