General Attn: Brian McClennan

mtdcaeks_old

just a interesting fact

Cleary didnt get us to the grandfinal until the final year of his contract (5-6 years?)

Ok there is some bad decision making but McClennan has only had 3 games in NRL so lets give the guy a break

No one wins the premiership in the first 3 weeks of a comp. i have seen enough in out team to say we have a good chance of going all the way. We were sh!te today and we still nearly pulled off a win. We can get better and when we do every one will be back on the bandwagon

Spence_old

really? thats harmless

The post itself, perhaps, but it's important to let new members know that we value discussion here - not throwing the toys out of the cot whenever someone disagrees with your opinion.

danpatmac_old

just a interesting fact

Cleary didnt get us to the grandfinal until the final year of his contract (5-6 years?)

Ok there is some bad decision making but McClennan has only had 3 games in NRL so lets give the guy a break

No one wins the premiership in the first 3 weeks of a comp. i have seen enough in out team to say we have a good chance of going all the way. We were sh!te today and we still nearly pulled off a win. We can get better and when we do every one will be back on the bandwagon

Fair point however,

The difference is Cleary started with mud, this guy has been gifted a grand final team

fanrrior_old

Cleary was my scapegoat. Even though I didn't really want him as our coach I didn't want him gone.

Kat_old

I was very disappointed Cleary left didn't buy into the bluey hype either wanted to see what he could first haven't seen anything great yet...

Xt1ncT_old

Fair point however,

The difference is Cleary started with mud, this guy has been gifted a grand final team

This.

I was never Ivan's no1 fan but he had to build a team from scratch - Blueys been handed potentially one of the best rosters in the comp.

So far he's messing it up big time.

But them so are the players - 2 short side plays on 1st tackle today and we lost the ball both times. What happened to building pressure and tiring them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

facefacts_old

Under Cleary we always looked like also ran's, even later with the likes of Locke, Mateo and Johnson, it was
individual skills that brought our tries, not any structure, especially attack wise.

Under Bluey, we're dropping ball and our defense is pretty brittle, and we look a little unfit, but there are
attacking plans and plays, that arent all coming off at the moment granted, but they are there and we look
dangerous, the rest will come...this is the first year in many, that I'm not wondering where our next try is
coming from, apart from the usual bomb to Manu.

mtdcaeks_old

Fair point however,

touche

im gonna give bluey the benefit of the doubt

but if I see Ropati back

im seriously going to reconsider my opinion of him

2big2strong_old

trollface-emoticon-3.gif

Spence_old

Actually, I retract my original statement - I thought the OP was about changing the team named on Tuesday, but that was a different thread. I apologise upsndowns, but the point remains that we don't tolerate that kind of behavior here.

I think I also acted rashly - very upset about todays performance. Consider it forgotten.

DanKokoro_old

just a interesting fact

This. lol @ whoever said he's "slowly ruining what Ivans built".. he's only had 3 games in charge - so if he's destroyed anything that Ivans built i'd say he's done it pretty bloody quickly.

2 Things he needs to do though..

He needs to not move Manu from the left Wing.. that's his position i see no reason to change it and i'd love to hear his rationale for it.

He needs to pick Inu for obvious reasons

mrblonde_old

No my simple little friend, but he is messing with the team week to week, which is why the team cant settle into solid defensive patterns. Now get back to colouring in you colouring books.

Patronizing lil shit ain't ya?

For what it's worth, I think he should have started Mateo and Matulino today but the Dogs were worth the win and probably would have win anyhow. The only serious error he made was playing Ropati.

mrblonde_old

In the light of Spence's last post (which I have just seen), I withdraw the opening comment of mine.

Does anyone still seriously think Maloney's got his mind on the Roosters in 2013??

motu1_old

its not blueys fault at all if the boys learnt how to catch the freaking ball then we'ed be 3-0 now and everybody would be saying how much they love bluey and what waste of time cleary was we were a little hard done by there kevin locke scored that try and we should of won the game.
he probably shouldn't of dropped inu (one of our best players IMO) but no matter you we have on the field we need to hold on to the BALL!! you can't blame the coach for the constant errors

but i do agree that the selection of ropati was stupid and i really don't understand why ben henry is playing first grade for **** sake and taai was rubbish today

Spence_old

Does no one else remember the first 3 games of last season...?

I liked Cleary a lot, but was happy when he moved on - I feel the same way now.

Kat_old

just a interesting fact

True...it took 5 to 6 years but he was a rookie coach...

and yes Bluey has yet to prove himself look at Kearney 2 years bottom 4 I hope that isn't Bluey's fate lol...in another thread I said he is probably still finding his feet but I feel all the experimenting should have been done in the off season...

PB_old

Does no one else remember the first 3 games of last season...?

Yes, clearly.

We trounced the Harlem Globetrotters in the opening match, before finishing off Man City and winning the Australian Grand Prix.

Oh, halcyon days. Cleary was awesome!

Tajhay_old

In the light of Spence's last post (which I have just seen), I withdraw the opening comment of mine.

Does anyone still seriously think Maloney's got his mind on the Roosters in 2013??

You might want to delete the first line of prior comment, esp if you are 'withdrawing' your comment...that is far worse than what the other guy said....