General Attn: Brian McClennan

sup42_old

We had McNuggets and Montz in the 'other' forum. Poor ole McNuggets.
Nuggets was an Arrogant on there almost as arrogant as me....i have a hard time feeling sorry for him....all i ever saw from him was self promotion....and promotion of his show....not genuine debate on league issues.....but then some people got carried away personalizing attacks on him and his colleagues then getting incensed at his reactions....like wtf ?

So I don't miss him and as far as commentators go I'm liking Dale husbands work....after years of thinking we needed an Aussie ive...... matured to the view that a blue collar Kiwi is what NZ TV has been Missing....since the days of that dude Tony...( cant remember his surname did the tests in the eighties )

Jesbass_old

What happened with McIvor?

I don't know. All I saw is that he posted on the forums and/or wrote on the blogs at VOT and a number of fans made abusive comments to him. Sure, you might not rate the guy, but don't be a keyboard cowboy and be abusive about it.

There's no doubting McIvor's love for the game and he has obviously been putting his all into Sky's work with league, so we owe him a thank you rather than abuse.

Sir Mad Butcher_old

What was the big blow up?

Basically threw his toys and said he wasn't coming back to post on VOT. Towards the end he only came on to post about 40/20 anyway.
I too felt sorry for him as there were a heck of a lot of personal attacks on him that were not warranted!!

Northern_Union

Nuggets was an Arrogant on there almost as arrogant as me....i have a hard time feeling sorry for him....all i ever saw from him was self promotion....and promotion of his show....not genuine debate on league issues.....but then some people got carried away personalizing attacks on him and his colleagues then getting incensed at his reactions....like wtf ?

So I don't miss him and as far as commentators go I'm liking Dale husbands work....after years of thinking we needed an Aussie ive...... matured to the view that a blue collar Kiwi is what NZ TV has been Missing....since the days of that dude Tony...( cant remember his surname did the tests in the eighties )

Tony Palmer.

Northern_Union

I don't know. All I saw is that he posted on the forums and/or wrote on the blogs at VOT and a number of fans made abusive comments to him. Sure, you might not rate the guy, but don't be a keyboard cowboy and be abusive about it.

There's no doubting McIvor's love for the game and he has obviously been putting his all into Sky's work with league, so we owe him a thank you rather than abuse.

I don't care if others like or dislike him. I reckon he does a great job for league in New Zealand.

Lego_Man_old

I've noticed a couple of times on 40/20 McIvor has made reference to forum/internet trolls.

I remember one where Halligan or Swann made a comment ribbing him, and he's like "geez i feel like i'm amongst a bunch of online forumers" or words to that effect.

Lego_Man_old

And that's really interesting knowing that the CEO of the club was an avid reader of the forums for years - kind of makes you wonder who is watching right now.

Makes you think twice before getting too aggro against people from the club.

surfin_old

What was the big blow up?

I remember what happened quite well because it started from one of my posts. After Nathan Cayless played his last game Sky cut the coverage just as he was about to be interviewed, anyway in passing I said was anyone else pissed off they didn't show it and switched off for the night. Anyway after that a few more commented, McIvor came on to give a reason, someone posted something he didn't like, he came back abit arrogant about you people don't understand how we do business and then it went all nuclear with abuse going both ways. Thread should have been shut down straight away but it just got worse. Unfortunately that is the price of being in the public eye, if your happy to have fans, expect to have haters.

Defence_old

I liked mcnuggets posts- what about when someone posted an open letter to cleary on one tribe and Ivan responded to it? Anyone remember that or am I tripping?

skymap_old

Tony Palmer i reckon

mtdcaeks_old

Ropo is taking a battering here but lest we forget, his first game was one after spending the best part of a year out and the second one was another return from injury. Im not justifying his performance because I think he should have been playing for the Vulcans the first 3 rounds anyway.

We all know though that when on form, he's a good player who works well with Manu on the left, has good pace and can make things happen himself. I expect a big improvement from him this week with 80 minutes under his belt.
\

your spot on there. I watched his interview with ackerman on the league fix and he said it would be a waste of time playing vulcans because he needed to play at the speed of first grade

thats all good jerome but first grade aint exactly the place for you to get fit and test where you are. I just think with major season ending injuries players are never the same - wade mckinnon springs to mind

sup42_old

I remember what happened quite well because it started from one of my posts. After Nathan Cayless played his last game, expect to have haters.
Exactly right.

The phrase that Nuggets used to Piss people off ironically was haters....he called the Forum a bunch of haters for complaining about the Nathan Cayless Last Game....World cup winning Captains speech....

Truth is the initial complaints were valid.....innocuous.....wingers at worst
( i was one of them answering surfin's post )
Nuggets got calling his fans haters ......for legitimate complaint so what do u think happened next........

the haters came out and trolled him hard for it.

Exactly as the Butcher a said the man threw his toys big time

Jesbass_old

Pages 261/262 on here around the time of the points deduction, he posted similar on VOT.

You mean making a generic thread that is essentially pissing into the wind?

Seems like heaps of people on here have been calling Bluey out over the last few days if that's the criteria.

surfin_old

Exactly right.

The phrase that Nuggets used to Piss people off ironically was haters....he called the Forum a bunch of haters for complaining about the Nathan Cayless Last Game....World cup winning Captains speech....

Truth is the initial complaints were valid.....innocuous.....wingers at worst
( i was one of them answering surfin's post )
Nuggets got calling his fans haters ......for legitimate complaint so what do u think happened next........

the haters came out and trolled him hard for it.

Exactly as the Butcher a said the man threw his toys big time

I didn't get involved in the slanging match but his comments did annoy me for a couple of reasons, firstly I pay Sky alot of money and have done for many years, so as a customer I have a right to comment on what I'm paying for, whether it hurts his or anybodies feelings, secondly I didn't like the way he came across that as customers we didn't have the right to comment because we "didn't understand their business", and finally if we wanted to watch it they were showing it on 40/20 on the sunday. The really annoying bit was we crossed back for a couple of ads and the standard what a game dribble, The interview was quite short and they could have played it and the ads instead of what was said in the studio which they could have saved for 40/20.

surfin_old

You mean making a generic thread that is essentially pissing into the wind?

Seems like heaps of people on here have been calling Bluey out over the last few days if that's the criteria.

He actually started a few threads, I see on here and VOT, alot of his standard chest thumping and meet me out the back of the stand stuff. By calling out I simply meant posting comments in the hope to get a reation, exactly as seen here for the last week. That was my first question, did Watson comment after the noise about the cap issues and if so was it from one of his posts. Obviously it has since been posted otherwise.

Jesbass_old

He actually started a few threads, I see on here and VOT, alot of his standard chest thumping and meet me out the back of the stand stuff. By calling out I simply meant posting comments in the hope to get a reation, exactly as seen here for the last week. That was my first question, did Watson comment after the noise about the cap issues and if so was it from one of his posts. Obviously it has since been posted otherwise.

Lol, sad but true...hard to believe someone older than 14 would exhibit such behaviour...