General Attendances

Kid-Dynamite_old

A win today and then we have form going into our Friday Night encounter with the Knights!

That'll be a 20,000 crowd easy!

Getting a bit far ahead though. Gotta deal to the Sharks first.

GO THE WARRIORS!

Magic Stick_old

Some good weather would be nice too...been freezing and wet last 2 home games

Jesbass_old

Plus the Knights match is Stacey's 250th. There'll be a big celebration for that one.

Northern_Union

I trust our lovely fans wont boo Stacey as they booed Monty for his 100th. That was a low point in our clubs history for mine.

LordGnome_old

Nah, Stacey is gonna turn back the clock today - hopefully, not to 2004 but further - scoring all of our points and making 903 metres and 87 one-on-one tackles.

Also, Paul Gallen will be found guilty of a "one in the bed sex romp" and stood down before the game.

Northern_Union

I think Gallon is more likely to be found guilty of a solo sex romp to honest.

LordGnome_old

Stacey would be in the 300 club if he hadn't gone to France for his sabaticle.

Iafeta_old

Must say I was really impressed with the crowd figure last week, near on 16,000?? In the rain, and we'd been in woeful form. Maybe the culture is changing in Auckland and the Warriors are becoming accepted local vanucular because I can't imagine a Warriors team running 11th-12th on the back of two abysmal hidings attracting crowds like that this far into the season in outhouse weather.

LordGnome_old

It is definately changing - the warrios have sold out their corporate facilities this year (and the Blues can't give them away!)

I was quite shocked by last week's crowd, given the weather and recent perfoormances - it looks like me and my family were one of the few who opted for a cosy couch and a few beers to watch the game in the warm!

LordGnome_old

NRL attendance liekly to top 3m again this year;

https://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

This years average attendance at Mouht Smart is still likely to top 15,000 for the first time since the "glory years" of 2002 and 2003, which is very impressive given;

* Our form
* The recession
* The fact that the Blues were giving free tickets away because their crowds were so poor

playdaball_old

NRL attendance liekly to top 3m again this year;

https://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

This years average attendance at Mouht Smart is still likely to top 15,000 for the first time since the "glory years" of 2002 and 2003, which is very impressive given;

* Our form
* The recession
* The fact that the Blues were giving free tickets away because their crowds were so poor

A bad crowd yesterday given:

- good weather
- the giveaway promo i.e. - one adult = 2 FREE tickets for kids. It was meant to be for the Northern End. I counted about 100 people there.
- How many season ticket holders this year? As the crowd figure includes them.

Generally, there is only one thing that brings in crowds ...

performances on field.

A shame that the team ealised that in ROUND 24

LordGnome_old

Yeah, but nobody is gonna shell-out hard-earned to watch a team with no chance of making the finals.

I reckon an average of 15,000 is pretty good for the year, all things considered (it's higher than in the last few years when we did make the top eight.)

playdaball_old

Yeah, but nobody is gonna shell-out hard-earned to watch a team with no chance of making the finals.

I reckon an average of 15,000 is pretty good for the year, all things considered (it's higher than in the last few years when we did make the top eight.)

Encouraging average. Look back at Oct 08 and it could have been a massive year for RL with the Warriors great performances (late 2008) and the Kiwis WC VICTORY.

WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT WE'D BE 3RD FROM LAST???