General Attack Or Defence?

If you had to chose. Which one is needed most to win games?

• Total voters

Mr Bob

Contributor
What I really want to know is how come some games they are great at both, and then other games the suck at both?

Depends on the opposition.

We’re a motivational team. We have the potential but if the motivation isn’t there we sink like a rock. I guess that all comes down to mental attitude. We’re always saying it.

Easy to say. Difficult to execute consistently if you don’t live and breathe both on and off the field.

Reactions: 1 users
What I really want to know is how come some games they are great at both, and then other games the suck at both?

Recruitment, retention, but mainly development.

Every player has a weakness, same with every team, but what we do is actively create new weaknesses when trying to fix our current ones instead of developing and recruiting players who are balanced on both sides of the ball.

Maumalo gives us good go forward and is safe under the high ball, but we trade that off by giving up speed, and genuine finishing/try scoring ability.

In Kata we have a player who again gets us go forward and is a decent defender more often than not, but lacks basic handling skills and no real football IQ.

We grabbed Blair for his experience but then created a hole by sacrificing on both sides of the ball as Blair has a minimal offensive game and is not a dominant defender.

Lisone can come up with some fantastic charges and his ball skills bring a point of difference, but is a flat out liability in defense and penalty magnet.

Tevaga has heart and strength of will, but is doesn't have the skills or physicality to match.

Long story short, we have too many players who are 50/50 prospects, who can both hurt and help in the right situation. The gap between a lot of our players best and worst is still massive.

Team sports are hard enough to come up with a winning formula, but when you're flipping a coin on several players every game the results are going to fluctuate wildly.

Reactions: 4 users
Recruitment, retention, but mainly development.

Every player has a weakness, same with every team, but what we do is actively create new weaknesses when trying to fix our current ones instead of developing and recruiting players who are balanced on both sides of the ball.

Maumalo gives us good go forward and is safe under the high ball, but we trade that off by giving up speed, and genuine finishing/try scoring ability.

In Kata we have a player who again gets us go forward and is a decent defender more often than not, but lacks basic handling skills and no real football IQ.

We grabbed Blair for his experience but then created a hole by sacrificing on both sides of the ball as Blair has a minimal offensive game and is not a dominant defender.

Lisone can come up with some fantastic charges and his ball skills bring a point of difference, but is a flat out liability in defense and penalty magnet.

Tevaga has heart and strength of will, but is doesn't have the skills or physicality to match.

Long story short, we have too many players who are 50/50 prospects, who can both hurt and help in the right situation. The gap between a lot of our players best and worst is still massive.

Team sports are hard enough to come up with a winning formula, but when you're flipping a coin on several players every game the results are going to fluctuate wildly.
I'm now 100% on the idea that we need to make a real commitment to becoming the best development club in the NRL. We need to go all in. NZ just doesn't have the natural systems to keep up with the Aussies, so we need to make up for that somehow.

Bring in the hardest coaches at every level, guys who aren't getting the love they deserve where they are because they are too demanding. Stack the club so that anyone who comes here gets trained like nowhere else. This is how we can win the comp.

That way we'll scare off the Muppets, and it will be a selling point for all the league players around the world who want that extreme training, who want to be the best of the best. Who want to be surrounded by guys who are like-mined...

Cause at the moment players at the Warriors are surrounded by ............................... (insert insult here).

These guys regularly endure impacts equilivant to a 60kph car crash without any problems. I'm sure they can handle a few bad words thrown their way surely. They aren't snowflakes.
I agree, they aren’t snowflakes, but your post insinuated that he is one, sitting in the stand with a mild strain while Dugan was out there battling things out. So, one day he’s a pussy and the next one a tough guy? I’m confused, unless I misunderstood your comments

Reactions: 1 user
I'm now 100% on the idea that we need to make a real commitment to becoming the best development club in the NRL. We need to go all in. NZ just doesn't have the natural systems to keep up with the Aussies, so we need to make up for that somehow.

Bring in the hardest coaches at every level, guys who aren't getting the love they deserve where they are because they are too demanding. Stack the club so that anyone who comes here gets trained like nowhere else. This is how we can win the comp.

That way we'll scare off the Muppets, and it will be a selling point for all the league players around the world who want that extreme training, who want to be the best of the best. Who want to be surrounded by guys who are like-mined...

Cause at the moment players at the Warriors are surrounded by ............................... (insert insult here).
Toovey is hard nosed fucker, with the bonus that the refs are shit scared of him, but we didn’t want him. Out of the four applicants we took the one with the worst coaching percentage of the lot, it all starts at the top of the pile man

Reactions: 2 users