Player Ata Hingano

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
No thanks to Josh Papalii. What I was told about his behavior while playing for Toa Samoa in the RLWC 2017 tells me he is one of the players the club has worked hard to rid themselves of.

Back on topic...

Wishing Ata Hingano all the best. Guess his decision to leave the club was a good one in the end as he didn't stand a shit show of playing here unless someone was injured...

Reactions: 5 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Josh Papailli is not the type of player we need here. We do require a hard working prop, and one who can bend the line.
It's interesting that Kearney has now admitted that 13 is Blair's best position . He plays more like a back rower than a front rower. A Harris, Blair and Mannering back row sounds good.

surfin

surfin

Really interesting to read 10 pages of threads that you haven't bothered with for months, going on where everything stands right now how many are thinking signing Green, releasing Ata and SK's coaching abilities were the worst things ever?

I like Ata as a player and wish him well, but honestly who's missing those other under utilised, potential superstars, the likes of Carlos, Tui, Omar, Mara, 2 x Likiliki's and Brad Abbey after they went looking for better coaches and opportunities because the club had the cheek to look else where for players over their obvious skills.
The reality is a teenage superstar doesn't automatically become one as an adult, no matter who the coach is.

Reactions: 6 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Did anyone manage to catch the Ata’s Raiders debut on the weekend? How’d he go?

Played a bit of hooker - looked about as good as the times he played hooker of the bench for us - not great. Havili is one of the few raiders doing okay, but Ricky seems determined to limit his minutes so he can play halfbacks there instead.

• Haha
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Did anyone manage to catch the Ata’s Raiders debut on the weekend? How’d he go?

Didn’t see the whole game and didn’t notice him on the field at all to be honest, match review on triple m said he was on a bit of a hiding to nothing with the way the Raiders performed so was hard to give a true indication

snake77

snake77

Played a bit of hooker - looked about as good as the times he played hooker of the bench for us - not great. Havili is one of the few raiders doing okay, but Ricky seems determined to limit his minutes so he can play halfbacks there instead.
Remember Stuart reckons halfbacks own the results so better to have 3 of them on the field.

Hingano went alright I thought. Not sure if some of the wild passes from dummy half the commentators mentioned was him or not. He was on when they mentioned the Raiders not having plays leading into the next one. As part of the spine he's partly responsible for that but with the way they have copped around their spine it's probably confusing messages from the coach.

He didn't screw up in any major way as far as I could remember. There is definitly an opportunity for him either as alternate to Havili who like you mentioned is going alright as commentators have said that lose momentum when he goes off. Or as a half with talk of guys getting moved on or the coach not settling on a combination.