• They are Blind To The Reality That's Going On

• They Have Priorities That Are Making Onfield Performance Difficult

• They Are Neglecting Their Core Duties As Owners

• They Are Doing Everything As Well As They Can And It's Not Their Fault

Results are only viewable after voting.
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Ugh, so it's goodbye to the ISP and Jersey Flegg sides then?

Should keep ISP going as step up between The likes of Howick, Northcote and reserve grade is too much of a gap.

I can recall hearing Mark Tookey saying that when he played in the Fox or Bartercard Cup, all of opposition players wanted to SMASH him!

Reactions: 1 user
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Just heard on the radio news that though the new owners have said they have no plans for major changes right now, that they will begin investigations into removing our juniors from the Aussie comp to bolster the local competition.

Day 1, mistake 1. They need to compete in Oz to experience the professionalism and drive of Australian clubs and athletes.

No doubt, the womens Warriors team will now be canned, and within 2 years we will lose the ISP team and we will lose all exposure to Australian sports teams apart from 1st grade, who will be devastated week after week after week, due to players not getting to develop against true pros.

I had faith that this ownership regime werent going to just try to line Auckland Rugby League. I was wrong.

Rebuild coming in 5 years after our first wooden spoon.

Reactions: 10 users
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Just heard on the radio news that though the new owners have said they have no plans for major changes right now, that they will begin investigations into removing our juniors from the Aussie comp to bolster the local competition.

Day 1, mistake 1. They need to compete in Oz to experience the professionalism and drive of Australian clubs and athletes.

No doubt, the womens Warriors team will now be canned, and within 2 years we will lose the ISP team and we will lose all exposure to Australian sports teams apart from 1st grade, who will be devastated week after week after week, due to players not getting to develop against true pros.

I had faith that this ownership regime werent going to just try to line Auckland Rugby League. I was wrong.

Rebuild coming in 5 years after our first wooden spoon.

These b'stards didn't take long to stamp their mark. I wonder who actually brought this bright idea to the table. What a bunch of moronic numbnuts.

How long before Cameron George, SK, Smith & Corvo are out the door because there are cheaper options available. Feeling very sorry for our players & coaching group right now.

Reactions: 3 users

flying coconut

These b'stards didn't take long to stamp their mark. I wonder who actually brought this bright idea to the table. What a bunch of moronic numbnuts.

How long before Cameron George, SK, Smith & Corvo are out the door because there are cheaper options available. Feeling very sorry for our players & coaching group right now.

Probably not long as they will want all Auckland Rugby League locals in there

Reactions: 2 users

WarriorBall

Doom & Gloom already :), so we’ve got the coach the trainer the CEO and the head of football all out the door, the ISP team will be gone in two years and the woman’s team’s gone already, there’s a word for that it’s called ‘catastrophising’ lol.

The U20’s playing with men in a local competition I can live with, as we’ve seen the best of them are cherry picked for ISP anyway while the remainder are so young they cop a hammering most weeks.

If they honestly believe they can retain better quality players and provide better pathways in a semi-professional competition provided its below our ISP level I’m willing to wait in judgement to see if they can but regardless the Warriors success is always going to come back to strong recruitment and leadership as we’ve witnessed so far this season.

If the ARL can hang onto a Taumalolo or two for the club I won’t be arguing.

Reactions: 5 users
sballer7

sballer7

Just a question...once this semi pro comp is up and running, how are they going to ensure the best players arent cherry picked and taken to aussie nrl clubs as already happens?

Dixpat

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
What I fail to understand is why the ARL need to own the Warriors to be able to run a Fox Memorial type comp.

Surely they had the resources to have been doing this previously but choose not to.

Are they going to rape the Warriors revenue stream to do it?

Scraping the U20s won’t stop the cream at that age or earlier being creamed off by Aussie clubs!

I guess the Woman’s team is on the block (not literally) now as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Sounds like the Arl are trying to make a Qld cup / nsw cup comp in New Zealand.

Didn't they already try that?

WarriorBall

What I fail to understand is why the ARL need to own the Warriors to be able to run a Fox Memorial type comp.

Surely they had the resources to have been doing this previously but choose not to.

Are they going to rape the Warriors revenue stream to do it?

Scraping the U20s won’t stop the cream at that age or earlier being creamed off by Aussie clubs!

I guess the Woman’s team is on the block (not literally) now as well.

From what I understand scrapping the Jersey Flegg team will help go towards funding the Auckland Competition, money they can't have had before.

Sledge

Sledge

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

If we lose Brian Smith for Graham Lowe it will seal our fate. It will be prove beyond doubt that the ARL have learnt absolutely nothing from their last failed attempt at owning the club.

I'm going to play nice and give them a chance at making this a success but if Lowe becomes our Football Manager the knives will be out...
Agreed, if we lose both of these guys the Warriors will be back to square one.

Reactions: 2 users
brightman

brightman

It would be good to get more details on the ARL CPHT's plans.
Sounds like a job for bruce..

IMO they have just secured another source of revenue. Transfer fees on their proposed semi professional Fox playing stock that have been and will continue to head offshore to the many elite professional league clubs participating in the most premier club competition in the world.
But no worries, the amateur administrators from a nationally dying code are "playing the long game"..

Look out NRL:eek:

• Haha
Dixpat

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
From what I understand scrapping the Jersey Flegg team will help go towards funding the Auckland Competition, money they can't have had before.

If they had no money before how have they been able to get together $12m being their share of the alleged purchase price?

leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Just a question...once this semi pro comp is up and running, how are they going to ensure the best players arent cherry picked and taken to aussie nrl clubs as already happens?

Great question. The ARL have talked about the 800 odd juniors that are earmarked and taken across the ditch, and their answer to that is to create a semi professional competition to ensure that players are kept here and are provided with a pathway to the NRL. Forgive me if I've misunderstood but where's the logic in that? Creating a semi professional comp doesn't all of a sudden prevent rival clubs' scouts from coming over and doing what they've always done. Unless I'm missing something...

mrblonde

mrblonde

[QUOTE="WarriorBall, post: 718328, member: 5056but his thoughts were that the 20’s players would develop better playing along side men.[/QUOTE]

Which is what I've always reckoned was the issue with U20s and other age-group based teams: Because they've only played with and against players their own age and - generally - their own skill level, they turn up at the NRL starting gate lacking in some fairly basic skills - passing, tackling etc - that they need when their Plan A doesn't work as expected and they should have learnt by then.

I hope the CPHT aren't thinking "Hey! The Warriors made the finals in 2001-2003 and we didn't have a reserves team in any dang Aussie comp, so why do we need one now?" How that worked was most Warriors players were "allocated" an Auckland Bartercard Cup team to play for if they weren't picked for the NRL so they always knew the team they'd be playing for - I guess the theory being that by doing that they'd take the "drop down" comparatively seamlessly rather than just a random "Hibiscus Coast/Manurewa/Insert team name here need you this week" approach.

I think the Warriors just got lucky in that period with a bunch of good, solid players - most of them Aussies - and the other Aussie NRL teams didn't start taking the team seriously until 2003-2004...

Reactions: 1 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

FFS, you guys want to make me slit my wrists,

Reality; Two bidders, Rick the Flake and The Carlaw Trust/ARL. The trust won. Based on the forum votes, the ARL was the preferred choice. Rightly or wrongly that is what happened.

As of now 5/10ths of fuck all has happened so lets not pre-empt anything or come to conclusions until we get further down the track.

Enough to do worrying about beating the Tigers this weekend and then winning the next weekend and the one after that.

• Haha
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I would imagine the NRL will give the club a certain amount of funding for the juniors comp, just as they do for the 1st grade. That will be lost, along with important experience over the ditch, and with travel for our young guys.

The Warriors SHOULD NOT be a way to fund Auckland Rugby League. If that was the plan, why not take their $17m and put that into the comp, rather than buying a financially successful franchise, in a comp that doesnt generate a lot of profits, to fund a comp that is so many levels below what already exists within the club.

There was so much talk about the Chanel Harris-Tavita NOT being there just for the ARL, but the first announcement is purely to benefit local league.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

If they had no money before how have they been able to get together $12m being their share of the alleged purchase price?
What I read today said that Autex only needed to pay $1m for their 1/3 share.

Reactions: 1 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

In a word - Contracts. ARL sign all our promising 14 year-olds to semi-pro contracts and generate a nice income stream from transfer fees to Aussie clubs. Presently they get no advantage from having local talent cherry-picked. I'll confess I miss following Bartercard and seeing juniors develop alongside ex-NRL players in a local comp. Hopefully the endgame is to bring back the mighty Chch City Shiners in a sustainable national comp, because there's fukall else to get excited about down here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

FFS, you guys want to make me slit my wrists,

Reality; Two bidders, Rick the Flake and The Carlaw Trust/ARL. The trust won. Based on the forum votes, the ARL was the preferred choice. Rightly or wrongly that is what happened.

As of now 5/10ths of fuck all has happened so lets not pre-empt anything or come to conclusions until we get further down the track.

Enough to do worrying about beating the Tigers this weekend and then winning the next weekend and the one after that.
The preferred bidder did win, but its not to say its the right bidder. Just the best of a bad bunch. An announcement like canning the Jersey Flegg team to invest the money into improving the Auckland league scene should not have come out on day 1 of the new regime.

Reactions: 4 users

SydneyWarriorfan

Not sure how long Lowe has been involved with the ARL bid. He seemed to come into the frame quite late. Like others his involvement is concerning. He has had some more roles since then like being the CEO at Manly for a while, still I'd rather have our current CEO. As far as the football department is concerned he is well out of touch.

Like others the lines in the article about Cameron George and Brian Smith are concerning. We are finally turning things around and these two although behind the scenes would be a big part in that turn around.

It would be good to get more details on the ARL CPHT's plans. Are they going to use the Warriors to prop up the local comp? Sure a strong local competition is good for the club but an NRL club is expensive and profits from the club should be reinvested in the club.

How are they going to make the local game stronger? They be doing that anyway so why is the Warriors so important to that plan?
He has also had some roles as a taxi driver...

• Haha