• They Have Priorities That Are Making Onfield Performance Difficult

• They Are Neglecting Their Core Duties As Owners

• They Are Doing Everything As Well As They Can And It's Not Their Fault

Results are only viewable after voting.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
New owners means a new thread now that the club have officially confirmed it. All posts about the failed ARL ownership can still be posted here or will be moved here from the new thread.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I'll post this in here as it kind of covers the old deal buying the club off Watson and the partnership with the Chanel Harris-Tavita.

This Stuff article is a good read.

Some interesting quotes covering some of the discussions we have had like Autex getting a 50/50 say and them knowing it needed more investment but as only 1/3 owners they only needed to put in part of the capital.

"Fortunately for us, they took the deal that I wanted, which was a 50/50 say."

"After spending a year being around the club and seeing what I think needs to happen, I said we couldn't work with these people.

"Now I can see the potential in the club and what it can be if it's done properly."

Robinson said he knew they were all paying overs to buy the Warriors, but felt the offer from the Trust, where he would get half of the voting rights, despite having a minority share, was too good for him to turn down.

"If you can have a 33 per cent share in a business, have a 50 per cent say and the chairman had no casting vote, you'd be an idiot not to buy that," Robinson said.

"So I could go along for the ride for half the price it cost them. Then, if the club needed money I'd only have to put in a third and they'd need to put in two thirds.

"When they made that choice and signed the paper to give me those rights, it was probably the time they made a mistake to be honest."

Can see where things broke down. The minority owner being businessmen want to invest in the club to turn things around. The majority owner want to use the club to pour money elsewhere.

The 50/50 deal they would of loved that when it was agreed. We do have to remember the Chanel Harris-Tavita were in a competitive situation to buy the club last year and were needing a partner.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I'll post this in here as it kind of covers the old deal buying the club off Watson and the partnership with the Chanel Harris-Tavita.

This Stuff article is a good read.

Some interesting quotes covering some of the discussions we have had like Autex getting a 50/50 say and them knowing it needed more investment but as only 1/3 owners they only needed to put in part of the capital.

"Fortunately for us, they took the deal that I wanted, which was a 50/50 say."

"After spending a year being around the club and seeing what I think needs to happen, I said we couldn't work with these people.

"Now I can see the potential in the club and what it can be if it's done properly."

Robinson said he knew they were all paying overs to buy the Warriors, but felt the offer from the Trust, where he would get half of the voting rights, despite having a minority share, was too good for him to turn down.

"If you can have a 33 per cent share in a business, have a 50 per cent say and the chairman had no casting vote, you'd be an idiot not to buy that," Robinson said.

"So I could go along for the ride for half the price it cost them. Then, if the club needed money I'd only have to put in a third and they'd need to put in two thirds.

"When they made that choice and signed the paper to give me those rights, it was probably the time they made a mistake to be honest."

Can see where things broke down. The minority owner being businessmen want to invest in the club to turn things around. The majority owner want to use the club to pour money elsewhere.

The 50/50 deal they would of loved that when it was agreed. We do have to remember the Chanel Harris-Tavita were in a competitive situation to buy the club last year and were needing a partner.

Very telling comment.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The difference between amateurs and professionals...
Robinson is not a professional league player, coach or administrator, my guess is he is relying on Brian Smith for that. Normal business practice is to stick to the knitting. He will be working on getting the club to pay for itself.

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Robinson is not a professional league player, coach or administrator, my guess is he is relying on Brian Smith for that. Normal business practice is to stick to the knitting. He will be working on getting the club to pay for itself.
I mean in the context of running it as a business, regardless of the business, a successful business person can see where efficiencies or improvements can be made. Often it's just a case of applying commonsense and asking questions like "why is it done like this?" and getting the response "We've always done it like this"...can lead to changes resulting in better practices.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Autex is a very successful business and Robinson is obviously a big part of that and the face of the company. I see no reason, bearing in mind he and Groot have had a year to look at the club, why he and whatever team he puts together can't be successful. He strikes me as an astute businessman and someone who will demand success and accountability

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
The difference is being successful, something the ARL haven't known for many decades..

Reactions: demco and Swanley

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
All hail our new overlords may they be generous in their payouts for coaching staff and paper bags for the boys.

will we ever know how much of this has affected the on field results this season? none? a little bit?

probably not much seeing as the best run of form we've had in 7 years came at the start of last year when no one knew who the owners would be.

anyway, perfect time to have it all wrapped up coming into the offseason.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
An article in today’s Herald suggests that the CPHT has lost over $2.5mil from what they paid for the club to what they sold their share for.

Also suggests that a person from America was interested in buying out their share. I wonder if this mystery person was from Hawaii? Darn, we were close to having free Wifi at Mt Smart again if the person was who I think it was!!!

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I couldn't believe the CEO of Autex was making excuses for Kearney saying he inherited this team when we just had one or our worst season under a team
that is all his. 3 years on and his record of 1st grade hasn't improved and neither has the team under him.
They have to publicly show support. If they wanted to replace anyone they would need to be ready to do so first, but their focus has been around the ownership. Watch this space next year if Kearney isn’t performing.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
[QUOTE="wizards rage, post: 807725, Watch this space next year if Kearney isn’t performing.
[/QUOTE]

They cannot afford to wait another 12 months before making a call on the coach.

Onewarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 10, 2013
Tauranga
This Is Mark Robinson from the same article: “It’s at a critical point now where we need to get the fans’ confidence back. We’re going to take a deep breath, do a few reviews and then in November we’ll make a few changes, a few decisions.” This could mean anything, including possibly about Kearney, you publicly support your coach etc, but we have seen many times in the NRL so & so has the board's full support and then weeks later they are gone, let's see what happens in November.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This could mean anything, including possibly about Kearney, you publicly support your coach etc, but we have seen many times in the NRL so & so has the board's full support and then weeks later they are gone, let's see what happens in November.
Not just the NRL, but especially in football as soon as the coaches security is mentioned you can safely assume they are looking at other options. In the case of SK Robinson would have to be deaf dumb and blind not to have concerns. That is where the salary cap comes in though. I wouldn't be surprised if he boots the whole lot. He said he has had a year to look at what is going on, and he isn't impressed. Guys like him don't sit on their hands.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings