• They are Blind To The Reality That's Going On

• They Have Priorities That Are Making Onfield Performance Difficult

• They Are Neglecting Their Core Duties As Owners

• They Are Doing Everything As Well As They Can And It's Not Their Fault

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Ok, what would you rather have, a legacy to the game or a pile of cash to be pissed agaisnt the wall? You tell me that wouldn't happen if there was open slather on that pile of cash.
your right can't argue with that, but that's not what my post is addressing

Reactions: Off The Bench

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
your right can't argue with that, but that's not what my post is addressing
I am not arguing the hard work that went in to the southern clubs, and not just Mangere East. It just seems to be from Mount Wellingtons rant that it is them that are complaining. Am I wrong?

However the effort that went into Carlaw Park started after WWI, yes about 100 years ago, by James Carlaw. Those guys were years ahead of their time in foresight and civic duty.

Fast forward 35 years and as I recall apart from Otahuhu most of the south Auckland clubs were pretty small. However during that time the Auckland Rugby League had become a financially viable organisation that ran the game very well.

Then when George Rainey took over the reins he was well aware of the legacy that had been left to the game and worked hard to keep money in the bank to freehold the land from the Auckland Hospital Board about 1973.

So most of the financial effort had been put into Carlaw Park well before most of the southern clubs, and others such as Glenfield and the Hibiscus Coast existed.

Back in the day I never heard of clubs complaining about what the Auckland League owed them. They got off their butts, like your dad did, and built their clubs. I remember the founding fathers of Glenfield working their butts off in pub raffles, maybe like your dad did.

So when I hear of modern clubs complaining about what the league owes them I say WTF??? Those new clubs did not build the legacy that is Carlaw Park.

I will dig at Mount Wellington again, because he is almost proud of his ignorance about the history of the game, and the amazing work done by those men long since dead.

However Cameron McGregor knows all about it, because his father was one of them. I think Ron McGregor was still alive about the time the Trust was formed, and was an old man in ill health. However I am sure he would have told Cameron what he thought was the right thing to do.

That is what will be driving Cameron McGregor, nothing else.

So Mount Wellington, pull your head in, it is sticking out too far, and tell your mates at those clubs to do the same. If they get hold of the Trust money and piss it against the wall it will be a sad day for the game.

Oh, and seem I am in rant mode, Graham Lowe made a sad mistake in looking for a benefactor to own the club after the Tainui venture failed. He wanted somebody with money, the trouble was Eric Watson never had any money, it was all on tick, and he would have blown a lot of that tick when he bought that appliance chain in the UK just after the Warriors. Anybody at the Auckland Racing Club could have told him that.

So Monty Betham, although some may laugh, at least wanted to sell the club to people who actually had the money. That would have solved a hell of a lot of problems, and the CPHT would still have all its money.

Just saying like.

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
Nobody is saying the cash should "be pissed against the wall" . Actually we are saying the opposite.
The fact remains that Auckland league clubs were assured/ promised/ led to believe that with the investment in the Warriors they would stand to gain financially.
What is sad is that somewhere during this sorry ownership saga something went horribly wrong. How or why hasn't been answered yet but unfortunately Cameron McGregor was in the hot seat at the time & therefore the buck stops with him.

My Dad was also involved in the Carlaw Park days & my family have known some great people from those days through to the present. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be having the rather distressing conversation, would we? Having said that we've met (& been ripped off) by a few shysters as well.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Having said that we've met (& been ripped off) by a few shysters as well.
I think we share that with other codes.

The pool of volunteers ready to commit to the difficult task of running a sporting organisation has meant that a combination of shysters and well intentioned people who were not really qualified for the job has taken its toll. If one considers the league people who have been before the Courts on dishonesty charges since 1990 compared with the 80 years before then would show a staggering difference in quality.

Probably the best example of that was the Warriors board member who phoned into talk back saying Robson was paying for a helicopter trip to Waiheke, and then having to end the call because he didn't want to miss the trip. I don't know if he was the same guy who when Robson got the sack asked if he could have the jersey he had been promised before he left.

Brian Smith blamed the Super League war for a lot of the clubs problems and Robsons role in that is sadly coincidental.

Cameron McGregor had nothing to do with that. He has just been trying to sort the mess out since.

I just have to ask, was Watson a symptom or a cause of the current problems?

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Yeah, don't trust a single word George says so ignoring him.

So are we expecting any actual or visible change to happen with Autex in full control?

Not talking about players/coach, just the club in general?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
So are we expecting any actual or visible change to happen with Autex in full control?
They will run the club for the club without any need to consider the ARL. That was probably the problem in the first place. The brains trust want development, but their way, and not having to answer to the clubs. Interest rates are low, the club is turning over money so maybe they can see light at the end of the tunnel and they are betting their own shirts on it.

It is just a pity the NRL gave it to Watson for a dollar, and Autex weren't in a position to do the same.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
You are a recent introduction the game and know very little about the history and culture outside what is the latest jersey on offer. So to people who do know something about the game you come across as a bit of a flake, sorry. You were even honoured to meet Richard Fale, who was a convenient red herring in the amount of money the CPHT parted with to get the club.

Cameron McGregor is human but he is not a retard. His aim has always been to keep the clubs hands off the Carlaw Park money and when you look at how some of the clubs have handled their finances that is a reasonable concern. If he did lose CPHT money in the transaction with Eric Watson, he wasn't the only one in on the deal.

As for the South Auckland area, back in the day it didn't exist. I am not saying it doesn't matter now, because it does, but if rugby league in NZ has to rely on the talent coming out of South Auckland I think the game is in trouble.

Just saying like.
And you bruce are a dinosaur. Hanging onto the past. A past where people like you presided over a game and administration that was full of corruption, money laundering and nepotism. You like to wank on about how powerful league was but like to also neglect the fact that it was your generation that almost brought the game to its knees.

Carlaw Park is gone. That dolt Cameron McGregor is gone. Get over it!

Cameron McGregor actually voted to sell Carlaw Park. It was just sheer luck that someone at the meeting who wasn't as stupid as him put forward a motion to lease to ground. The way he yaps on anyone would think he was the architect of the trust fund he just ruined.

You need to seriously update your knowledge. South Auckland has more registered juniors than the rest of the country put together. It is not only the nursery ground and backbone of Auckland Rugby League but NZ Rugby League. Time to catch up with the times old man...

Afakasi247

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 5, 2014
You are a recent introduction the game and know very little about the history and culture outside what is the latest jersey on offer. So to people who do know something about the game you come across as a bit of a flake, sorry. You were even honoured to meet Richard Fale, who was a convenient red herring in the amount of money the CPHT parted with to get the club.

Cameron McGregor is human but he is not a retard. His aim has always been to keep the clubs hands off the Carlaw Park money and when you look at how some of the clubs have handled their finances that is a reasonable concern. If he did lose CPHT money in the transaction with Eric Watson, he wasn't the only one in on the deal.

As for the South Auckland area, back in the day it didn't exist. I am not saying it doesn't matter now, because it does, but if rugby league in NZ has to rely on the talent coming out of South Auckland I think the game is in trouble.

Just saying like.

And you bruce are a dinosaur. Hanging onto the past. A past where people like you presided over a game and administration that was full of corruption, money laundering and nepotism. You like to wank on about how powerful league was but like to also neglect the fact that it was your generation that almost brought the game to its knees.

Cameron McGregor actually voted to sell Carlaw Park. It was just sheer luck that someone at the meeting who wasn't as stupid as him put forward a motion to lease to ground. The way he yaps on anyone would think he was the architect of the trust fund he just ruined.

You need to seriously update your knowledge. South Auckland has more registered juniors than the rest of the country put together. It is not only the nursery ground and backbone of Auckland Rugby League but NZ Rugby League. Time to catch up with the times old man...

B95892F8-671A-43E7-ABDC-6CAD39077EE2.gif

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
It was a regular thing back in the day.

Just saying like.

I am not wasting my time with you bro. Go and get impressed by meeting Richard Fale.

;)

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Does anyone know if Autex backs Kearney’s vision?

I don't know. All we have to go on is history and if their history with Pt Chev Pirates are any indication of what sort of direction this club will take with them as new owners I would have to say he is gone only because they're sort of people who won't tolerate failure and are prepared to pay any sort of price to succeed. Let's just pray that I am right and this isn't just going to be more of same shit like we got from last owners. Like most of you on here, I'm already losing faith ...

Go NZ Warriors.

:(

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings