• Dragons 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Contributor
Dragons vs Warriors - [Round 7, 2024] GAME DAY

Dragons12.jpg

Welcome to your NZWF game day thread for todays clash. Please note that this thread will be locked following the final whistle with or without warning. Discussion will then be shifted to the POST MATCH thread.

UP THE WAHS!!!

Looking at the latest instagram pictures of the team leaving for Sydney, Zyon Maiu’u looks very happy in the picture of him and Laban about to board the plane. Expect him to debut and couldn’t think of a better outcome that he and Laban start their first grade journeys alongside each other after they’ve had so much to do with one another albeit Laban a couple of games into it

I dunno how some posters have this sort of confidence. I'm a battered wife.
Look at the starting 13 of each team and the form some of our players are in. If we don't beat them comfortably we can kiss top 4 goodbye imo - we need to be putting the cellar dwellers away if we are any hope this season.

Look at the starting 13 of each team and the form some of our players are in. If we don't beat them comfortably we can kiss top 4 goodbye imo - we need to be putting the cellar dwellers away if we are any hope this season.
I agree, the Bronx has been able to put away teams convincingly with key starters missing and have no where near the depth we do.

St George Illiwarra are 3 wins and losses

Dragons are the 2nd worst defensive team after the Rabbitohs so far this year. We just need to continue to build that pressure and I think they'll crack..

I'd love to see us start well this week. Not too fussed about scoreline, let's hold on to the ball, complete our sets and grind them down.

I don't know what is said in the sheds at half time but pretty much every game this year we've played significantly better in the 2nd half than we did in the first, so I'm hoping maybe Webby has his half time speech prepared for just before the start of the game.

No dumb penalties or errors please. Roger and Ford I'm looking at youse.

How f*king cool would it be to have the new wave of juniors all on the bench today- Ale, Laban, Zyon Maiu’u and Ali. Really hoping it happens

Zyon Maiu’u is set to make his debut today, as expected- SENZ
Congratulations young man.
Really exciting news.
All he has to do is make tackles and hold the ball. Same as what Laban has been doing.
So who gets the last spot on the bench?

If we can keep our spine intact for the game and our forward pack, we should do a number on the Dragons and kick start our climb to the top four.

If we can physically match manly's massive pack without a proper bench, I can't see the dragons pack named as being something we should be scared about. I'd rather face a middle rotation of Sele, Molo, Lawrie and BMM rather than Piseka, Sipley, etc that we had to deal with last week. Sua is dangerous but nothing compared to what Olakuatu posed last week which we nullified quite well.

Really there are only three things that I can see the dragons have going for them in this game is i) our thin bench, ii) the fatigue facror from playing 90 minutes last week and iii) the home ground advantage. But even i) is not a huge advantage in their favour: I don't rate their bench forwards: lawrie especially often get monstered at the advantage line and hardly makes any post-contact metres. There's a reason he can't crack a dragons side that is really struggling atm. As for ii) dragons have an even short turnaround than us, so if anything they may be a little more rustier than us. As for iii), our last game at WIN ended up a flogging in our favour. We no longer fear going to aussie to play.

I suspect this game will be like the bunnies game. It'll be a grind for the first 20-30 minutes before we pull away as cracks open through the middle. They were made to look much better than they actually are last week due to a shit tigers team. But even they were able to embarrass the dragons through the middle a couple of times. As their rd 3 game vs cowboys showed, they can fall in a heap very quickly when momentum turns against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back