TeamList Warriors vs Manly - [Round 6, 2024]

I find sure thing bets very boring (and absolutely no chance multis very exciting), that is my problem 😅

the-mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif

Tuala, Meaney, Oates, Charnze, Holmes, Hynes, Lomax, Chevvy. Anytime Try Scorers. @2160. It's basically a lock /s

DWZ would probably be a better option defensively on wing than Roger, weird to say that lol, but he probably communicates better and you can see when he jams in we have 1-2 other players covering his position and the touchline this year, whereas Roger just came in and leaving a huge hole, though the problem probably started with slower forwards on the inside which they fixed in the 2nd half

DWZ would probably be a better option defensively on wing than Roger, weird to say that lol, but he probably communicates better and you can see when he jams in we have 1-2 other players covering his position and the touchline this year, whereas Roger just came in and leaving a huge hole, though the problem probably started with slower forwards on the inside which they fixed in the 2nd half

What?

You’re probably right but what???? 😂

Manly make a lot of mistakes: they are no 1 in handling errors. They are also no 1 in mistackles. We are far better in both respects across the first five rounds of the comp. We have also outrun the sea eagles across the first five rounds (9200 - 8600ish). What this tells me is that Manly will give us the opportunity to build enough pressure and win enough field posession to score enough points in this game, just like the previous 3 weeks. The real test is how our defense handles their attack. We are the no 1 defensive team thus far, so I back our ability to hold firm again.
Webby says posession and position are the most important factors (not so much completion rates) So Shaun will continue to test out their left winger (Willie Talau's son, Tommy who dropped that contentious ball leading to a runaway Manly try last week - hopefully he will make a few more mistakes under the high ball this week.

Brisbane score tries off throws forward passes and Manly from knock ons 🤣

Just a cursory look at the draw suggests that this is quite a high stakes game for round 6. Whoever wins this can go on a run and cement a position at the top of the ladder over the next few weeks leading up to origin. After this, we play Dragons (away), Titans (Home), Knights (away), Roosters (away). Conversely manly have titans (away), eels (home), raiders (home), Dolphins (away). Based on current form, incredibly likely that the team that wins goes 4/4 after this game.
It was interesting to visit the Silvertails forum and read the comments there.
Some saying that the Titans game is worrything them more than playing the Warriors.
The thinking being that Manly do well in Auckland (fair) and that after two big games (Penrith then Warriors) they are prone to be in come down mode when they face the Titans.

Kind of Warrior Fan-esque thinking really, which happens when your club plays like Giant killers then drops games to easy beats (the Dragons game this year Manly were a bit like Warriors of old, they dropped nuts).

Otherwise the sentiment in the Manly forum is one of being troubled. They rate us. Which is nice after all these years of being a joke in NRL Fandom.

The reason I am stressing about this game is the same as you point out, win this and we are set up nicely to play the from a position of strength and confidence.

To me this game is like the Sharks game....we are poised to be strong in the eight, vs losing like we did against the Sharks and lamenting a missed opportunity from outside the top eight.....this is like our chance at a season do over....vs a genuine top eight side, that is bad news to play on its day....that we should be dictating terms to and winning based off hunger.

For mine this is very much a who wants it more game.

Last edited:
Maaaan I don't know how so many fans have been able to let go of the old Warriors worry and demons. I wish I could, but years of Manly fucking us over have this game has me worried, especially how they dismantled the Panthers.

I love how we're playing and it's clear that we'll be in and around the top teams at seasons end, as long as there's no wheels that fall off during the year.
But how the hecka do you put all of those years of shit behind you.

We played exceptionally well on the weekend and seem to be warming to the task. If we play the same way we did against Souths, with some of the boys returning I think we'll be too strong for Manly but man, that DCE and Turbo are going to try a few tricks, I hope we're ready for it.

We've been pretty solid in D, but when you look at a lot of the tries scored against us this year there's been an element of luck, brilliance, or missed opportunities by us. Manly will certainly have a few really great plays, so I'm hoping luck is 50/50 and we get our defensive plans sorted

Maaaan I don't know how so many fans have been able to let go of the old Warriors worry and demons. I wish I could, but years of Manly fucking us over have this game has me worried, especially how they dismantled the Panthers.

I love how we're playing and it's clear that we'll be in and around the top teams at seasons end, as long as there's no wheels that fall off during the year.

We played exceptionally well on the weekend and seem to be warming to the task. If we play the same way we did against Souths, with some of the boys returning I think we'll be too strong for Manly but man, that DCE and Turbo are going to try a few tricks, I hope we're ready for it.

We've been pretty solid in D, but when you look at a lot of the tries scored against us this year there's been an element of luck, brilliance, or missed opportunities by us. Manly will certainly have a few really great plays, so I'm hoping luck is 50/50 and we get our defensive plans sorted
I hear you bro.

We all process the trauma in different ways.

Two things stress me about this sport we love. Our past, and the NRL itself.

Since Webster has come along I have been able to get right with Jesus and be at peace about our past.

But I cannot shake my fear of the NRL. And this year the NRL is an even more frightening than ever.

I say that because the Panthers are still the Panthers, the Storm have found their mojo, the Broncos are not going to be shit for long, and every other team has a bit of grit about them on their day, I have not seen much going through the motions by the slackers, the Tigers, Dogs etc genuinely seem to be trying their hearts out to win games.

Then you have all the nasty teams in between, headed by Manly, then the Roosters, the Eels, the Sharks, the Raiders, and maybe the Cows....it is this grouping that bothers me the most.

One of that group is going to do a Warriors 2023 and force someone out of the top four I recon....leaving us even less runway to make it back there.

But honestly, if we beat the Sea Eagles, after beating the Rabbitohs, then I think that would pretty much bury the past in the past for mine, as far as bad memories go.

After that I just want to see us beat two of this list in order of preference:

Penrith
Storm
Broncos
Roosters.

gotta get over your ptsd. But I understand how you feel. The way I see it is that we have an unusually large number of "bogey" teams given how consistently shit we've been in the past. Manly are just one of them. If we keep playing the way we have been, we will start erasing that history and rewrite a new one where we emerge as a bogey team for many aussie teams moving forward.

As for Turbo, he has a tendency of drifting in and out of games like Latrell. When Manly are on the backfoot and losing the ruck, like against parra and dragons, he tends to go missing. In the dragons game he had that amazing try assist to begin with, and then barely ran the ball again. So for me the key to shutting down Turbo is to win the ruck.

Roosters are overrated imo. I'm pencilling in that magic round game against penrith in round 11 before origin begins as our true litmus test. They should be full strength with cleary back and so should we. If we can beat them in neutral territory (brisbane), that would clearly signal how serious we are this year. The storm and broncos games are during origin I believe, so are less informative of where we stand in my view.
I hear you bro.

We all process the trauma in different ways.

Two things stress me about this sport we love. Our past, and the NRL itself.

Since Webster has come along I have been able to get right with Jesus and be at peace about our past.

But I cannot shake my fear of the NRL. And this year the NRL is an even more frightening than ever.

I say that because the Panthers are still the Panthers, the Storm have found their mojo, the Broncos are not going to be shit for long, and every other team has a bit of grit about them on their day, I have not seen much going through the motions by the slackers, the Tigers, Dogs etc genuinely seem to be trying their hearts out to win games.

Then you have all the nasty teams in between, headed by Manly, then the Roosters, the Eels, the Sharks, the Raiders, and maybe the Cows....it is this grouping that bothers me the most.

One of that group is going to do a Warriors 2023 and force someone out of the top four I recon....leaving us even less runway to make it back there.

But honestly, if we beat the Sea Eagles, after beating the Rabbitohs, then I think that would pretty much bury the past in the past for mine, as far as bad memories go.

After that I just want to see us beat two of this list in order of preference:

Penrith
Storm
Broncos
Roosters.

Don't understand the media hype around the Dolphins. They've literally beaten teams 15-17 from last year. They are going to get found out again when injuries and the draw catch up with them.
Noob club has to have a lot of hype to survive and protect the vision of the NRL expansion plan.
Bit like us in 95. Getting Ref fucked (Dolphins get the usual minnow treatment) but being treated with kid gloves by the media.

I feel a bit sorry for the Dolphins, they like all expansion teams have a real ESL feel to them....littered with aging superstars like the Bromwich bros, and talented near do wells like Nikorima with only two or three genuine stars in the Hammer, Flegler and Kaufusi.

I wish they were better, almost as much as I wish they had a better Jersey.

Roosters are overrated imo. I'm pencilling in that magic round game against penrith in round 11 before origin begins as our true litmus test. They should be full strength with cleary back and so should we. If we can beat them in neutral territory (brisbane), that would clearly signal how serious we are this year. The storm and broncos games are during origin I believe, so are less informative of where we stand in my view.

We don't get any benefit during origin this year I think

We'll taking on Storm and Broncos head on

Back