TeamList Warriors vs Manly - [Round 6, 2024]

1712722533267.png

Egan is literally Daredevil with his no look plays lol

Attachments

• 1712722271951.png
    1712722271951.png
    739.7 KB · Views: 29
Manly make a lot of mistakes: they are no 1 in handling errors. They are also no 1 in mistackles. We are far better in both respects across the first five rounds of the comp. We have also outrun the sea eagles across the first five rounds (9200 - 8600ish). What this tells me is that Manly will give us the opportunity to build enough pressure and win enough field posession to score enough points in this game, just like the previous 3 weeks. The real test is how our defense handles their attack. We are the no 1 defensive team thus far, so I back our ability to hold firm again.

Last edited:
Manly make a lot of mistakes: they are no 1 in handling errors. They are also no 1 in mistackles. We are far better in both respects across the first five rounds of the comp. We have also outrun the sea eagles across the first five rounds (9200 - 8600ish). All this suggests that we have the ability to build enough pressure and win enough field posession to score enough points in this game, just like the previous 3 weeks. The real test is how our defense handles their attack. We are the no 1 defensive team thus far, so I back our ability to hold firm again.
Spot on.
Was gonna post the same, but not as flash with the stats breakdown (onya and thanks).
And yet despite Manly's high risk' = high errors footy, they beat Panthers defence.

As you say, we really will get a test of our defence this time around.

last week our defence was tight, you could see the line was confident and there were no gaps, we held our defensive shape really well.

What I am a little concerned about is the personnel changes, I am hoping Capewell coming back, DWZ, and the risk of a noob like Laban, and Roger back to center do not upset the defensive gains we made last week.

Not pointing the finger at any of those players, just saying, when you move people around, bring people in, you get a different result (talking teething problems first up, not long term issues with this line up).

Capewell and Ford our tackle bots have looked a bit off at times with their positioning, I put this down to unfamiliarity with their tackling partners, and possibly weaker defenders in the line like Metcalf and DWZ.

I am very nervous about this game, well maybe not nervous, more desperate for the two points in the context of this game being the start of a gauntlet into hell.

Last edited:
Spot on.
Was gonna post the same, but not as flash with the stats breakdown (onya and thanks).
And yet despite Manly's high risk' = high errors footy, they beat Panthers defence.

As you say, we really will get a test of our defence this time around.

last week our defence was tight, you could see the line was confident and there were no gaps, we held our defensive shape really well.

What I am a little concerned about is the personnel changes, I am hoping Capewell coming back, DWZ, and the risk of a noob like Laban, and Roger back to center do not upset the defensive gains we made last week.

Not pointing the finger at any of those players, just saying, when you move people around, bring people in, you get a different result.

Capewell and Ford our tackle bots have looked a bit off at times with their positioning, I put this down to unfamiliarity with their tackling partners, and possibly weaker defenders in the line like Metcalf and DWZ.

I am very nervous about this game, well maybe not nervous, more desperate for the two points in the context of this game being the start of a gauntlet into hell.
Manly had everything go their way last week, so the risks that they took all ended up paying off. Ultimately you need to take risks and hope for the best to beat Penrith. Many of the tries that they scored didn't come from executing shape but from lucky bounces of the ball and kicks from what I saw. Penrith were also just off last week- it happens to everyone, including the best. So I don't actually read too much into last week's game.

They are not packing as much speed this week as they normally do with Saab and Garrick out. Interesting they went with Burbo instead of Parker which I view as a purely defensive decision. So I don't think they can throw as much shape at us as they normally could under normal circumstances. Nonetheless Koula is one to watch, so they will certainly try to catch out our jamming wingers on the edge. I was a bit nervous in the bunnies game as they were constantly catching us short on Rogers side. A better side than souths would have made us pay in the first half of that game. Probably the result of forced late personnel changes causing that miscommunication. I'm comfortable that the return of our normal edges (rog in centres and capewell in the backrow) will shore that deficiency up.

Just a cursory look at the draw suggests that this is quite a high stakes game for round 6. Whoever wins this can go on a run and cement a position at the top of the ladder over the next few weeks leading up to origin. After this, we play Dragons (away), Titans (Home), Knights (away), Roosters (away). Conversely manly have titans (away), eels (home), raiders (home), Dolphins (away). Based on current form, incredibly likely that the team that wins goes 4/4 after this game.

Back