Internationals Anzac Test

I was thinking about Gould's obsession that Hoffman shoulder charged Slater to score.

Is a shoulder charge only a shoulder charge in a tackle? If not, doesn't it mean that the majority of strong forward hit-ups would be ruled shoulder charges? I don't like the way the shoulder charge is getting called so often. I also hate it when you hear a ref warn someone because their tackle was a shoulder charge but he let it go. Either, its a shoulder charge and a penalty, or let them all go and only penalize when they go wrong.

I was disappointed with 2 of the no try calls, and Inglis's try.
Had the ref said "try, but check it", the first would have been allowed. I saw no distinct separation.
And the bullshit "major/minor penalty was crap.

Inglis's try should have been called obstruction (for gallen's contact), shepherd (for the run behind Gallen) and knock on slater, in my view. But Hoffman really should have played to the whistle.

After that we crumbled.

When I saw Lewis getting ready to come on, I thought we were in trouble. He seemed to be the catalyst. The second he went on the field the switch got thrown.

Buck777

I tend to hibernate from NRL FB pages after a big loss, but I stayed up last night watching the Boston thing and flicked thru a couple of sites post match. To my surprise many Aussies, yes Aussies, were saying the kiwis were robbed, that Klein was a tosser, and that NZ was the better team in the 1st half and two bad decisions took the wind out of our sails. Very complementary on us - not the usual kiwis go ....yourself comments. Almost all said we were robbed of at least one try maybe two. You know when Aussies say that about us then there's some truth. Comments like 'I'm a Aussie and I'm embarrassed how the kiwis were treated by the ref' were numerous

Reactions: janfin
im actually really happy with our current squad. add SBW and Smith, Kasiano in there and we're really solid. glad Harris got a run. Like the idea of Benji playing 14. he has to come off the bench.

but so far in other peoples team ive seen no Mannering lol he still is our 'Captain'. im not a hater of him but i kinda hope Foran is the captain, but knowing NZRL they wouldnt do shit and we will have to make space for Mannering in the 17

Lets see how Roger Tuivasa-Sheck goes the rest of the season. Perrett is good under the highball and dummy runs. Tohu Harris was good.

Klein is a pom.

But he aint neutral lol
I thought bs on him being a pom so went to the always reliable wikipedia.
Born in Australia.
I can't see how anybody employed by the nrl, the same body that runs the kangaroos can be in charge of a game they play.

Best thing on wikipedia
"On 19 April 2013 he was the referee for the 2013 ANZAC Test. In this game he proved he was without a doubt the worst referee in Rugby League history."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Klein

Once Klein invented a rule that doesn't exist ( it's been done before against NZ ) I knew we were farked.

" Australia made a little error....your team made a bigger error "

That is cheating, It's not a conspiracy or sour grapes , it's cheating.

Good on Foran for exposing him , Mannering will be captain though

After Foran's display last night there's no way Mannering should be captain. Foran showed more leadership as a last minte replacement captain than Mannering ever has in any jersey - he is not a captain. In fact i wouldn't have Mannering in my side full stop. Great game Foran.

I thought bs on him being a pom so went to the always reliable wikipedia.
Born in Australia.
I can't see how anybody employed by the nrl, the same body that runs the kangaroos can be in charge of a game they play.

Best thing on wikipedia
"On 19 April 2013 he was the referee for the 2013 ANZAC Test. In this game he proved he was without a doubt the worst referee in Rugby League history."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Klein

Haha thats classic!!!

Great first half, not sure what happened during the break but a different team ran out for the second, disappointing in the end but not surprised at all, being a Warriors fan has made me a cynical old man.

must say Hoffman isn't what I want in fullback, his positional play is terrible, his effort to be around the ball is shocking e.g. when Thaiday had his try dis-allowed he was wandering back at the goal posts making zero effort to get across to help out Nightingale. Maybe him playing on the wing has caused this. I would opt for Locke there ahead of him.

Reactions: Sup42
Foran was in the ref's face a lot more than I've ever seen Mannering be. I was pretty surprised he was named captain, but he did damn well.

He is actually good enough to make the side too unlike Mannering. Please......SBW, Smith, Pritchard, Eastwood and Glenn......thats 5 2nd rowers there easily better than Mannering

Can someone explain to me why the ref was doing the whole try, no try thing? I thought NRL rules were different from the international level, and I was fairly sure they didn't bring in the refs interpretation of whether or not it was a try into the international game.

I wonder what Kearney is thinking now about Mannering. Last night we saw a clear example of a leader, definitely not the way Mannering does it. It's an obvious pick for me that Foran keeps on with the captaincy, he proved last night he will lift his game and lead his troops. Mannering does not do that, he just keeps on keeping on.

This game was definitely the nail in the coffin for Marshalls international career, aside from injury or a massive shift in form. He and Blair have no place in the side any more (captain and vice captain, who would have thought).

Kearney needs to use the bench a bit better, and JWH needs to give away less penalties, but we're not far off being a RLWC winning side.

I reckon this team would beat the kangaroos ! your guys thoughts ?

1) Hoffman / Locke
2) Perret / Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3) Inu /Hurrell
4) SKD
5) Nightingale / Vatuvei
6) Foran (c)
7) Johnson
8) Bromwich
9) Luke
10) Matulino
11) Mannering
12) SBW
13) Smith(VC)
14) Marshall / Leuluai
15) Kasiano
16) JWH
17) Pritchard

18) Eastwood
19) Glenn (can cover 2nd row and centers )

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
I reckon this team would beat the kangaroos ! your guys thoughts ?

1) Hoffman / Locke
2) Perret / Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3) Inu /Hurrell
4) SKD
5) Nightingale / Vatuvei
6) Foran (c)
7) Johnson
8) Bromwich
9) Luke
10) Matulino
11) Mannering
12) SBW
13) Smith(VC)
14) Marshall / Leuluai
15) Kasiano
16) JWH
17) Pritchard

18) Eastwood
19) Glenn (can cover 2nd row and centers )

I like it apart from Mannering being in the side and Vatuvai being mentioned. Mannering has no business starting shead of Frankie and Eastwood and Glenn are much better options to have coming off the bench.

I like it apart from Mannering being in the side and Vatuvai being mentioned. Mannering has no business starting shead of Frankie and Eastwood and Glenn are much better options to have coming off the bench.
I totally agree with you but knowing them they will pick mannering and he will be there ! id rather have frankie starting and glenn on the the bench meaning he can cover 2nd row and center which is better for us !

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
I totally agree with you but knowing them they will pick mannering and he will be there ! id rather have frankie starting and glenn on the the bench meaning he can cover 2nd row and center which is better for us !

Yeah you're probably right unfortunately. We just have many other better options at 2nd row aye. Another option could be to play SBW at centre so we can fit both Glenn and Eastwood onto the bench.[DOUBLEPOST=1366434992][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its great to hear that you are now admitting you're pissed. But I'm afraid you're still in denial about the cause. Remember, Gnome, it was Vatuvei's fault. It was Vatuvei's fault...

Give it a rest mate.