General Mt Smart or Eden Park for a NZ Warriors home final?

Where do you want the home final

• Mt Smart Stadium - the home of Rugby League

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Eden park - the home of.... 45,000 fans

Votes: 20 34.5%

• Total voters
As Michael Burgess is reporting, we lose on Saturday, elimination semi final will be at Mt Smart. We win, the preliminary final will be at Eden Park.

Both have put bids into NRL to host the home final game. NRL is still need to confirm.

As it should be. Week 2 at MSS is the right move.

There is no argument to support a GF qualifier at MSS

Have seen a few people pointing out that the Cowboys stadium is same capacity as MSS but moving a game from Townsville to Brisbane is a completely different debate to moving a game 10km North!

The Titans would absolutely not be playing a GF qualifier at home, it would be Suncorp.

45,000 black out at Eden Park will be an amazing event if it happens

45,000 black out at Eden Park will be an amazing event if it happens
Yes they will sell it out.

Would it sell out though?

I imagine that Suncorp would seat about the same as Eden Park does, and look at the prices for the Storm v Broncos game..

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 9.20.56 AM.png

Maybe I underestimate the hype for a prelim/the power of the bandwagon, but $44 NZD to sit in the heavens? I just find it hard to imagine rugby league getting a sell-out with prices like that.. Hosting the game at a bigger stadium to allow more fans to go is kind of null and void if you are pricing people out of going.

The atmosphere is shite and you cannot see the game.

Don't let your hate for Eden Park blind ya' Bruce, A sell-out at Eden Park would be electric, even if those with front-row seats are still 30m away from the field.

Just imagine how big your mexican wave would be with twice as many people!

Would it sell out though?

I imagine that Suncorp would seat about the same as Eden Park does, and look at the prices for the Storm v Broncos game..

View attachment 330

Maybe I underestimate the hype for a prelim/the power of the bandwagon, but $44 NZD to sit in the heavens? I just find it hard to imagine rugby league getting a sell-out with prices like that.. Hosting the game at a bigger stadium to allow more fans to go is kind of null and void if you are pricing people out of going.
Suncorp - 52,500
Eden Park - 50,000

Tickets to Warriors v Penrith at BlueBet Stadium (22,500 capacity) in the "Away" fans bay - $80pp (Warriors Fanzone was, as I understand it, $69pp and standing room on the hills were "From $35"). NRL will always hike the Finals ticket prices based on demand. Penrith get good crowds to BlueBet, so pump up prices given high demand. Broncos regularly get good crowds to Suncorp due to high member numbers, but to sell out the bigger stadium, they can't inflate the ticket prices too much.

Also, in the above, the "From" is somewhat misleading as that is the Kids price.

Eden Park but only those who bought tickets to any game. During the season get prioritized for and have seats at basically the same spot their other ticket for a Mt Smart game was and every other bandwagoner fills in around them!

Oh and they put on free transport for the bros to get into Eden park.

Back