General Warriors Junior Pathways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really impressive tournament from the St Thomas Boys, particularly in terms of structure. Their goal line defensive effort was excellent, denying many tries and then being able to back it up with points at the other end. Really good to watch.

Signed with us I'm pretty sure.
Screenshot_20230903_200505_Chrome.jpg

Jackson Stewart looked promising, gave me Joey Manu vibes (not saying he's the next Joey Manu).

Edit: 3 tries in the semi final @ 9, 15 and 46 minutes (video time, not game time).

Last edited:
20230903_181555.jpg

Bishop Neale continues to do good things out of St Thomas of Canterbury College. Apparently the last 15 year old in a National Final was Wiremu Greig back in 2015.
Neale, along with some of his St Thomas' teammates are under the watchful eye of Jordan Friend's management.

Jackson Stewart looked promising, gave me Joey Manu vibes (not saying he's the next Joey Manu).

Edit: 3 tries in the semi final @ 9, 15 and 46 minutes (video time, not game time).

What did you think about the two denied tries? Both were good (and quite classy) I thought - but fully appreciate the officials didn't have the benefit of the video. Sorry, don't have timestamps, but both were in the second half.

Gee I would be signing most of St Thomas forward pack and Centers.

They are well coached, they looked years ahead of St Pauls in the fundamentals and a lot fitter.

Great final, both teams played well but St Thomas were better prepped with better communication, fitter kids, and structure.

Their positioning was amazing on their line.

Hell I would sign their whole squad.

What did you think about the two denied tries? Both were good (and quite classy) I thought - but fully appreciate the officials didn't have the benefit of the video. Sorry, don't have timestamps, but both were in the second half.
Hard for the referees at that level when they have to make a decision on the spot and stick with it, while the viewer gets commentary and replays to be able to critique their decisions. In real time I thought the tries were good, but I guess the ref didn't see it as I did.

A few of the other St Thomas boys are signed to the Bulldogs too.
Hard for the referees at that level when they have to make a decision on the spot and stick with it, while the viewer gets commentary and replays to be able to critique their decisions. In real time I thought the tries were good, but I guess the ref didn't see it as I did.
I thought the disallowed try from St Thomas in the corner came off a forward pass but the putdown was fine. The ref went with the touchies ruling on that one.

The St Pauls one looked just short of the line. He might've rolled the ball onto the line but would've been impossible for the ref to see it.

Last edited:
The Bulldogs will be the benefactors of Canterbury kids like these.

They are the club that have penned a deal with the region. Well done Gus Gould.

Shame Kaloudau probably too small for NRL scouts, every time I've seen him play he plays way above his weight and he's great in space.

Reminds me a bit of Sevu Reece.

Status
Not open for further replies.