Recruiters must have seen something in him; like Harris, Blair Paasi etc.

Big boy and with a head of steam up he will be hard to stop. As long as his D is the same or better than Kata he's fine by me.
He left Wigan to come home, and fell into their laps...not much recruiting required.

As long as he tackles OK, I'm fine with his inclusion. it's his passing from dummy half which is a worry! I wonder if it was fatigue which caused those two shockers.

He's occupying a spot that someone's 19 year old nephew could be taking. Of course he's going to cop a lot of shit around here.;)

But for me he's fast becoming the new "Peoples Champ".

Think Jono Wright but with pace and big hairy balls that hang out of his playing shorts.

He might be the charismatic, cheeky bastard the teams needs to rev the Mt Smart crowd up.

He can be the revver if he likes but can he do it after his pass hits Blake in the chest instead of in the 3 feet in front of him or the 2 metres behind him?

I know I'm hating. Not on him as a person but on his performance to date.

My hating is entirely performance based.

Actually it was 4 mistakes in 10 minutes including a botched try but yeah ok, I'll let him off this week...
Just look at how bad Manu was in that Eels game but he was given time and chances and then became an amazing winger. Judging someone on 10 minutes is ridiculous, especially when the whole team was playing crap. Maybe he won't be any good but he deserves a chance like all our guys have been given. The hatred towards some players is staggering.

Last edited:
Just look at how bad Manu was in that Eels game but he was given time and chances and then became an amazing winger. Judging someone on 10 minutes is ridiculous, especially when the whole team was playing crap. Maybe he won't be any good but he deserves a chance like all our guys have been given. The hatred towards some players is staggering.

Maybe because he was shite?

• Haha
Reactions: WarriorBall

We don’t really have anything else to judge him off other than the 10 mins he’s played. Super league form doesnt count for shit in nrl unfortunately.

I reckon most of us in here are curious to see what he’s got, even hopeful, I know I am..but you can’t deny his very limited minutes have been shockers.
Fact is that’s all we have to go off.
All he has to do come out and have a cracker of a game, or at least show some goods, and opinions will change.
Simple.

Last edited:

wrighty

I guess the most damning thing about Gelling is that it is obvious SK doesn't rate him:

1) Only gave him garbage time in each match off the bench
2) He hoped like a dickens that Kata would miraculously be well for this match*

*Unless that was a mind fuck on the Dragons.

Reactions: Inruin