He left Wigan due to 'personal reasons', whatever it was must have blown over. Widnes are in a major pickle though, bottom of the league with a new coach and Toronto looming in the qualifiers

Reactions: Defence

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
He left Wigan due to 'personal reasons', whatever it was must have blown over.
Excerpt.

Anthony Gelling thankful for New Zealand Warriors opportunity
29/01/2018

The 27-year-old had been looking at getting a release from Wigan during the offseason, but, with one year left on his deal, he decided he would play out his contract before coming home. After hearing the news his girlfriend was injured in a car accident late last year in Northland, the Cook Island international didn't hesitate to return back home.

"I was hoping to come back for the start of the year but it didn't work out that way so I went back to England and I was doing my last year there and I was still 50/50," Gelling told Newshub.

"But my girlfriend that still lives here was in a bad car crash during that first month of pre-season so as soon as that happened I was on the first plane over and it made more sense to be here this year.

"All of the little reasons why I was thinking I should stay in the UK all went out the window and it made things simple that this is where I need to be."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ful-for-new-zealand-warriors-opportunity.html

Gruesome image of girlfriend post accident below. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Gelling.png

Excerpt.

Anthony Gelling thankful for New Zealand Warriors opportunity
29/01/2018

The 27-year-old had been looking at getting a release from Wigan during the offseason, but, with one year left on his deal, he decided he would play out his contract before coming home. After hearing the news his girlfriend was injured in a car accident late last year in Northland, the Cook Island international didn't hesitate to return back home.

"I was hoping to come back for the start of the year but it didn't work out that way so I went back to England and I was doing my last year there and I was still 50/50," Gelling told Newshub.

"But my girlfriend that still lives here was in a bad car crash during that first month of pre-season so as soon as that happened I was on the first plane over and it made more sense to be here this year.

"All of the little reasons why I was thinking I should stay in the UK all went out the window and it made things simple that this is where I need to be."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ful-for-new-zealand-warriors-opportunity.html

Gruesome image of girlfriend post accident below. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Understood.
Not good that.

Other than a few shocking passes he’s been pretty good.
Added real value at depth. Especially for a last minute bargain basement signing.
Personally I found his videos pretty good too.
Will miss the guy and hope he goes well with his new team.

Good luck to him. Hope the situation with his partner is all sorted.

He seemed like a good guy to have around the club. The thing is if we want to sign anyone else or promote anyone we are going to have to lose a few to free up cap space and a roster position.

Reactions: Hazman and bruce