Staff Andrew Webster

• Thread starter NZWarriorsFaithful
  • Start date
Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

Daniel Anderson would be a great appointment along with Hannay who could be a terrific support to Webster. Is there anyone else that the warriors should appoint at the top? Campion? Wiki? Marshall? Mannering?
Fonz shouted out Ben Gardiner? Kiwis assistant and assistant to madge at the tigers?

Reactions: CHURCUZ

dean

What a mess. Webster wasn't even mentioned as a possibility in the first few weeks after Brown left. Now we have picked a guy who was behind Ciraldo at the Panthers. Herald mentioning Stacey as his assistant.
I hope Webster performs a miracle but doubt he will last three years. Wont be his fault either.

J_P

Pretty happy with this.
Been in the Penrith system learning of cleary and won the premiership (as assistant).
Good to finally get a "win" with all the bad news around the club we were the first out of the 3 potentially 4 teams looking for a new coach while being based in a country that "no Aussie wants to live in".
To top it off he is highly recommended by Ivan cleary.

Last edited:
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Contributor
Fucking stoked.

A coach with heaps of experience outside of top job at first grade. Seems like he may know his shit and has an opportunity to prove himself.

And lived in Aucks helps, means he won't quit next week because he doesn't want to move to NZ.

You got this new cap, premier winners next year please.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Decent decision making by the club, even if Woolf knocked them back, shows they learnt from the brownie desperation hire and went down the line to the next not-yet-a-proven-failure-of-an-NRL-head-coach who actually wants to be based in Auckland.

ramps

ramps

Bit underwhelming to be completely honest. But to the clubs credit, we have taken a calculated risk.

Now i would be shocked if he worked wonders here. I know were all hoping and praying he is the answer but realistically, we have settled for average again.

Happy to be proven wrong but this is going to be another Nathan Brown situation. Smart footy brain but wont be able to drill that into the players. Just doesnt hold the “mana” to unlock these boys. Thats no knock on him but that is what is wrong with this club. Were all expecting a premiership and by no way its going to be done if you are comparing coaching staff. Hope we get get some good assistants around him but highly doubt were going to get quality ones, otherwise we would have had them as head coaches. Obviously didnt want to come to nz

Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Welcome and good luck to him. It is easy to build up a narrative as to why this is a good appointment versus rehashed coaches with baggage.

Lets hope he doesn't go through a massive string of losses next year and management brings in someone like Madge to 'oversee' and help out this new head coach. Nek minit...

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
It won't take long to find out whether Webster is strong enough to make it here or whether he's just another yes man. I really hope it's the former but tbh don't have too much failth in the heirachy Andrew has to work with

PNG Kiwi

Welcome Andrew, I hope you find your feet quickly, and believe with the right systems and man management you have a squad that can compete next year.
Questions we want to ask, are you appointing your own support staff, and are you making any new player appointments? Is there a smokey in the Samoan team maybe?
We live in hope Andrew and you have our support.

The Falcon

The Falcon

There are some deeply scarred posters on here..
Personally I’m cautiously optimistic about the appointment. There is a lot to like about Andrew Webster and what he’s done prior to being named our head coach.
Not every appointment has to be a former head coach but an equally experience hand as an assistant will help transforming the team.

TheSadButcher

What changes if they're just swapping Brown for Webster? Is one man really going to make a huge difference?

KiwiinJapan

Bit underwhelming to be completely honest. But to the clubs credit, we have taken a calculated risk.

Now i would be shocked if he worked wonders here. I know were all hoping and praying he is the answer but realistically, we have settled for average again.

Happy to be proven wrong but this is going to be another Nathan Brown situation. Smart footy brain but wont be able to drill that into the players. Just doesnt hold the “mana” to unlock these boys. Thats no knock on him but that is what is wrong with this club. Were all expecting a premiership and by no way its going to be done if you are comparing coaching staff. Hope we get get some good assistants around him but highly doubt were going to get quality ones, otherwise we would have had them as head coaches. Obviously didnt want to come to nz
I am happy that they got out of the coaches merry go round. Someone fresh and apparently he was in charge of the attach at the Panthers. Really interested to see how he goes. Warriors management is learning I think.