Staff Andrew Webster

• Thread starter NZWarriorsFaithful
  • Start date
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

i just stumbled across this, he seems to be saying all the right things, that’s for sure.

Quite a comprehensive interview there. It feels like his time has come to be a head coach and it feels this is the right place. I didn’t feel that with Nathan brown and looking back I don’t think he truly connected with the club or the players.

What I like about webster was he was able to articulate his vision with clarity as well as inspiring. A really good interview that one. In saying that like every season we gotta wait till rounds6-8 to get a feel for his style but I liked what he said about adversity as well.

snake77

snake77

Its a feeling I never got from brownie. Just pure hope with him.
This was what I didn't like with Brown and some of his predecessors. Things weren't going well and they had this relaxed feeling that it would eventually turn around or things weren't that bad.

We have had a lot of coaches talk about setting high standards and then seem to get relaxed when the results on the field don't match. Brown even seemed relaxed during the pre-season.

Webster has seemed a bit more focused so far.

Dunedin warrior

If you look at the coaches we’ve had, arguably the best four were all Australians with no previous NRL head coach experience. Webster fits this criteria.

He knows the challenges that he’s going to face and has worked at both successful and unsuccessful clubs before. He also would have dealt with a number of the staff and CEO before.

We are now probably setting ourselves up for a rebuild but I am cautiously optimistic that Webster is the man for the job.

PNG Kiwi

This was what I didn't like with Brown and some of his predecessors. Things weren't going well and they had this relaxed feeling that it would eventually turn around or things weren't that bad.

We have had a lot of coaches talk about setting high standards and then seem to get relaxed when the results on the field don't match. Brown even seemed relaxed during the pre-season.

Webster has seemed a bit more focused so far.
I really wonder if Browns heart was in it, to be fair his track record was ordinary, even though he had a lot of experience.

To use the analogy of an unbeaten boxer with a few fights under his belt, he is mentally bullet proof and desperate to keep the winning record. Once he loses two or three fights, his mindset changes. The desperation and hunger are diminished. So the comparison with Brown and Webster are simular. Maybe pragmatically Brown was making excuses for the bad performances where as a winning coach makes changes.

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

I get the feeling Webster is like that teacher who’s on placement that the kids enjoyed while he was in class but then went to get his registration and teaching experience elsewhere and now he’s back at his placement school and the kids remember him and are excited to have him as a more experienced teacher.

Flaco

Flaco

There are 20 (+ or -) coaches at NRL level: 16 with jobs, 4 others waiting in the wings. Does he think he's now reached the mountain top? Or is he determined to keep climbing, to become numero uno among those 20? If the former, he will rely only on himself, focus on his strengths, and do things his way, in his comfort zone, because that's who he is. If the latter, he will be open to learning from others, will understand his own weaknesses, and be open to expertise from others, even when that takes him outside his comfort zone.

• Love
Reactions: Toookey
Up the guttz

Up the guttz

Exciting article 😍

P.S what was brandy doing at warriors training this week? 🤔🤨

AlexM

AlexM

Exciting article 😍

P.S what was brandy doing at warriors training this week? 🤔🤨

I think he meant at Penrith training

Tragic

Tragic

Contributor
True, who's left the club since then, Aitken? Wouldn't have picked him for a slackarse. Spose it doesn't matter now they're gone, whoever they were.
I think that was bullishit, they are still there and he is either backing himself to motivate them or giving them a chance before ejecting them or both.

Reactions: Worried2Death