Staff Andrew McFadden

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

McFadden was a good player, not a Superstar, but a good pro. Very similar as a Coach, thrown under the bus by an uncommitted squad and front office. More importantly, he seems to be a good man.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

drake83

2nd in line breaks but 10th in points the top 4 in line breaks are the rabbits warriors roosters storm.
No quick play the balls and not many guys pushing up in support.
Not much in dummy half runs either.

Reactions: 4 users

PNG Kiwi

Thank goodness we have moved on from the Sack Cappy days, unfortunately he was handed the poison chalice at the Warriors

Reactions: 5 users
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Every coach has been given a hard time and never enough understanding and actual time to make a change....

Barring Brian McClennan. I mean, he was actually just retarded and should never have been hired.

I really felt like Cappy was hard done by. Part of that might have been me always trying to look for the positive/best in people, but it seemed like he "got it", but things just weren't right or clicking. Whether that was players, his relationship with them or what... But I have respect for the dude

Still too early to judge the 2019 Warriors attack, after bringing on a new attacking coach, starting the season with a rookie half, and then chopping and changing to a half from another club... plus having your hooker changed every couple of rounds due to injury... oh yeah, and your fullback...

Oh but thats ok - every team deals with that well...

Reactions: 7 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Elliott brought Cappy in as an assistant. Elliott was a useless front man. The players liked Cappy better, which might not have been difficult.

Going from assistant who the players like to head coach is a poisoned chalice in the waiting. Keeping on a sacked head coach as an assistant is also doomed that is why Cappy had to leave the Warriors.

Top FG coaches have top assistants, that is why SK was so popular and it seems Cappy is now the same.

Sadly in letting Cappy go SK has left himself short of a top assistant.

Verdict:

The Warriors management just keep on farking up. One hopes is might stop one day.

Reactions: 6 users
Blain

Blain

Cappy wanted to return to Canberra to be with family, don't think the Warriors arsed him. Why the fuck would he want to stay anyway? To call him a top assistant is a bit of a stretch.. Payten was very highly rated when he came over here. Iro has huge NRL experience now, not that he seems to bring much?

Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Was it Cappy leaving or SK coming in when our attack dropped off? SK might not be the attacking coach but I would imagine his overall philosophy is what drives a lot of it (correct me if I'm wrong).
It was SK coming in that stifled or attack in 2017. We were soooo boring. Was almost as if SK wanted to break them in and get the basics done right. Just a theory but our second phase play was non-existent that season...

McFadden was a good player, not a Superstar, but a good pro. Very similar as a Coach, thrown under the bus by an uncommitted squad and front office. More importantly, he seems to be a good man.
The Mac Attack!!!

Sadly in letting Cappy go SK has left himself short of a top assistant.
Cappy was not let go. He left of his own accord.

I still think having him stay on was a masterstroke and one without precedent in the NRL...

Reactions: 7 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
GODoyle..
Just another awesome thing he did that most will never give him credit for. People always prefer to complain. You could give them a free car and they won't like the colour 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ ...

Reactions: 3 users
FuNQie

FuNQie

It was SK coming in that stifled or attack in 2017. We were soooo boring. Was almost as if SK wanted to break them in and get the basics done right. Just a theory but our second phase play was non-existent that season...

The Mac Attack!!!

Cappy was not let go. He left of his own accord.

I still think having him stay on was a masterstroke and one without precedent in the NRL...
It was pretty damned good, keeping Cappy on.

Then our Asst Coach who’d been a half was replaced by an Asst Coach who’d been a prop. And here we are unable to score a try. Ummm, you know, how did that happen?

Go Cappy! The Raiders are obviously better for your input. A team with 4 English players doing great. Bruce luvs yer!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Big_Fattz

Big_Fattz

I remember about 3 weeks ago I was reading the raiders site (cnk fan) and one guy mentioned Ricky Stuart in the post match talking about how he had been rotating his younger forwards around but that was going to stop now. The guy said Stuart sounded angry or agitated about the idea of rotating them as if it wasn't his idea. I thought of cappy instantly (or more his disagreement with sk)

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Maybe the Warriors could do the same again by making SK an assistant coach and bringing in somebody else?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Go Cappy! The Raiders are obviously better for your input. A team with 4 English players doing great. Bruce luvs yer!
No Poms here thanks. The Raiders can have all they want. Please don't ask me why. I will get banned again.
Maybe the Warriors could do the same again by making SK an assistant coach and bringing in somebody else?
Many a true word spoken in jest brother. Kearney and Cappy were both outstanding assistants. However management 101 is if you sack a coach you don't keep him around. Rule 2 in management 101 is refer to, rule 1. The sad thing is that by letting Cappy go (I reckon he was got rid of) it showed up our coaching staff something terrible.
Just another awesome thing he did that most will never give him credit for.
The only awesome things he did were to stop the council moving us to Eden park, and signing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and getting rid of a Pom in the process. The rest was all show but I could give some of that credit to Watson being a prize dropkick from the start.

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Just another awesome thing he did that most will never give him credit for. People always prefer to complain. You could give them a free car and they won't like the colour 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ ...
While i give him a little credit for the few successes he did bring, I hold him accountable for the mess he was involved in. He was one of the longest serving coaching staffers ever (I think thats right). WIth his terms under Eliot, as head coach and under SK he had a massive influence on the warriors. Under his involvement the club went backwards year by year, until 2018.

So no, I dont like the colour. At the end of the day I didn't want a car, I wanted a fighter jet.

Dunedin warrior

I thought Cappy had a bit of bad luck during his time here. Shaun Johnson breaking his ankle when we were comfortably heading to a top 8 place was a killer as was Roger Tuivasa-Sheck basically missing his whole 1st season.

I suspect by the end of the season Kearneys winning percentage will be worse than Cappy’s and he’s signed for another three years.

JaggedJ

At the time I said Cappy won't get the credit he deserves, but the club will be better off for him being here.

Then we went and signed Kearney.

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
I thought Cappy had a bit of bad luck during his time here. Shaun Johnson breaking his ankle when we were comfortably heading to a top 8 place was a killer as was Roger Tuivasa-Sheck basically missing his whole 1st season.

I suspect by the end of the season Kearneys winning percentage will be worse than Cappy’s and he’s signed for another three years.
Yea, I got to accept that not everything went his way. On the other hand you got to preform with what you've got. Just as SK is at the moment. And from here in I offer him no slack as he has the players he wanted on the park, (now that they have replaced Shaun Johnson)

FuNQie

FuNQie

While i give him a little credit for the few successes he did bring, I hold him accountable for the mess he was involved in. He was one of the longest serving coaching staffers ever (I think thats right). WIth his terms under Eliot, as head coach and under SK he had a massive influence on the warriors. Under his involvement the club went backwards year by year, until 2018.

So no, I dont like the colour. At the end of the day I didn't want a car, I wanted a fighter jet.
Cappy was hampered so massively by this: inheriting a back line of great attacking skill who couldn’t defend. He was divesting the club of players who had this issue, but each time he wanted to he was himself hampered by the fact that this meant taking the axe to crowd favourites. Hurrell and Vatuvei are just two examples. Maumalo and Fusitua are also a product of those times and it’s taken a good long while to get them to the standard they’ve now reached, as far as defence is concerned.

I’m not sure any coach could have come in and corrected the malaise that existed before Cappy was given the big chair in just a couple of years.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Cappy was hampered so massively by this: inheriting a back line of great attacking skill who couldn’t defend. He was divesting the club of players who had this issue, but each time he wanted to he was himself hampered by the fact that this meant taking the axe to crowd favourites. Hurrell and Vatuvei are just two examples. Maumalo and Fusitua are also a product of those times and it’s taken a good long while to get them to the standard they’ve now reached, as far as defence is concerned.

I’m not sure any coach could have come in and corrected the malaise that existed before Cappy was given the big chair in just a couple of years.
SK did