Staff Andrew McFadden

way2sharp

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 28, 2014
New Zealand
Elliott's ideas weren't exactly the problem though; the communication of those ideas to the players is where he fell down. If McFadden has picked up the same kind of ideas but can actually speak to the team without losing them, then that's not a bad thing.

Agree. But I'm guessing he's been there in the sheds and on the park every day. Surely he's already been talking?
If Matty is hard for the players to understand they must have got heaps out of Waynes weasel word press conference.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
If it is true that the likes of Matulino and Mannering were wanting out, surely management would have discussed how they felt about Mac daddy as a replacement. I am not into the player power but would hope the last thing we would do is appoint an interim who the players hate... surely...

Pharris

U20's Player
May 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
I am 27 years old. I have been a Warriors die hard fan for as long as I can remember. I own 4 jerseys and passionately wear one each game day. I live in Australia. I have Australian mates and I do wear my colours proudly. I do cop a lot of shit here in Aus as you would assume with each game day. I always always, back up my team and believe in them.
I have always heard and brought up with the saying "It's just a matter of faith". After watching our amazing performance with our full strength side against a dismal Sharks team which had already thrown in the towel for the season. I am struggling to find reasons to "Keep the faith". It's embarrassing and down right frustrating to support a team that each week brings a feeling of, "Well I wonder how we will decide to play today." It has gotten to the point where our inconsistency is actually predictable. We win a game no one expects us to win. Next week, no matter if we are playing the best or worst team (especially if its the worst actually). We will lose.

I find that the Warriors games are much like their overall season. Starts off with ??? No one knows, we do shit, then! We start bringing it back! We may have a chance! OH wait no we choked and threw it away in the end. That's how our 80minutes game time are spent, and that is how our season is spent.

Coach or no coach. The Warriors are hands down the most frustrating, embarrassing team to support. And I am finding it very difficult. To keep the faith.

macker

"Keep The Faith" is a quote from Blazing Saddles. It's what Sheriff Bart (the black slave turned sheriff appointed to a fully redneck town (not unlike Cronulla)) said at the end of the film, after he saved the redneck town from the evil railroad company, and was leaving them for a better life.

It's a good joke, kind of like the Warriors.

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
I am 27 years old. I have been a Warriors die hard fan for as long as I can remember. I own 4 jerseys and passionately wear one each game day. I live in Australia. I have Australian mates and I do wear my colours proudly. I do cop a lot of shit here in Aus as you would assume with each game day. I always always, back up my team and believe in them.
I have always heard and brought up with the saying "It's just a matter of faith". After watching our amazing performance with our full strength side against a dismal Sharks team which had already thrown in the towel for the season. I am struggling to find reasons to "Keep the faith". It's embarrassing and down right frustrating to support a team that each week brings a feeling of, "Well I wonder how we will decide to play today." It has gotten to the point where our inconsistency is actually predictable. We win a game no one expects us to win. Next week, no matter if we are playing the best or worst team (especially if its the worst actually). We will lose.

I find that the Warriors games are much like their overall season. Starts off with ??? No one knows, we do shit, then! We start bringing it back! We may have a chance! OH wait no we choked and threw it away in the end. That's how our 80minutes game time are spent, and that is how our season is spent.

Coach or no coach. The Warriors are hands down the most frustrating, embarrassing team to support. And I am finding it very difficult. To keep the faith.

Blind faith is boring...try coming to the forum, vent, delivering a stinging attack aimed at those who you think deserve it at the club, and then put forward your ideas on making the team better.

Keep the faith is dumb...earn my faith bitches!!!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Macca looked like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I would have loved to have known the sequence of events.

We're told Elliot and the Chairman spoke a couple of hours after the game.

One presumes Macca new first.......how else could you sack Elliot with zero replacement and a game the next weekend.

Just how much authority will he have as a fill in coach ?

Stylez Davis

1st Grade Fringe
McFadden plans tough regime at Warriors

Headline from an article off the nrl website, I hope he does show some toughness, I think most of us on here agree Matty was not the man for the job, with McFadden I feel like what the f lets give him a crack, he is an unknown quantity and may be the ducks balls for all we know, if he sucks we look for a new coach for 2015. I hope we dont go for Shaun Wayne, I would prefer a coach with NRL experience from a team with a winning culture, Bennett would be nice but I dont think he would come here, Jason Taylor I wouldnt be against that but not overly excited same with D Anderson and Sheens, Kidwell I love as a player and a Kiwi, understudy to Bellamy but so was Kearny and look how he went, so hmm....

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
We keep stereo typing people but.

Kidwell - Kearney

Wane - Bluey

based on their formative schools of coaching ( either teams they were with or even more broadly competitions they come from ) as opposed to the individual personalities / unique character / abilities of each.

Same thing happens with players

Michael Luck - Todd Lowrie

Laumape - Hurell

Some of these people are nothing alike I'm sure.......Some will make it others will get by.

Seems the real candidates for next year are :

McFadden
Wane
Kidwell

Secound Tier candidates

Jones
Henry

Smokies :

Kearney ( if the Broncos and Kiwis see unexpected success ) or a long shot Big name coach announcement who is Australian and is actually a big name in the sport.

Of the McFadden / Kidwell / Wane trio you could form a strong coaching team for Top side and NSW cup.

Wane and Kidwell are very much in the Storm structure / ideaology and hard graft ( as is Kearney originally ).......McFadden we're about to find out.

I know people will get twitchy with names like Kearney and Kidwell, and Wane.....but on the Face of it....that would be the most experienced Warriors coaching team ever assembled....and probably the most skilled lot we'd put in front of our under 20's team for example.......

Who knows perhaps Kearney would be an excellent director of coaching. He already runs the international team of coaches and selectors ( i'm not a big fan of his at all just looking at options and peoples CV's ).

Last edited:

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
Someone else who is in the hot seat and I haven't heard mentioned much is Ricky Henry. Surely he will have a lot more responsibility now for someone with not much top level experience?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I think McFadden is on borrowed time, but you never know what a little dog will do when taken off the leash, some bite the balls off all the bigger dogs and take over the pack.

I'm not saying i support his appointment, i just dont know the man or anything about him. Unlike when ME was employed i have nothing against him because there is no history for me to look at, at this level of competition.

The fact that the owners are speaking to replacement coaches for 2015 now tells me that he is not seen as the long term solution.

I still have faith that there is talent in the team to make the finals this year, so it really comes down to the man and the team. If he is ruthless and prunes the shit out of the team, while retaining their integrity then they will make the finals and prove he has what it takes to keep the role

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Good luck to Andrew McFadden. Hopefully the players are happier now and we can start performing without hearing about coaching issues.

Hopefully in a few weeks or a month or two McFadden is still speaking to the players and the media like he is now and not under stress and turning to Elliott speak.

He will probably need to bring in another assistant or two as he know has added responsibilities like the media and the overall direction of the team. A bit tough to ask someone to come over from Australia if they can't be guaranteed a job for next season.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
I think McFadden just has to simplify the game plan so everyone's on the same wave length, been too much confusion in past regimes one week we get awesome structure then next week it's back to shambles footy, if he can get any sort of consistency instilled in these players then that would be a major improvement in itself.

McFadden was never going to be a rep player when he had the likes of Johns,Fittler ,Kimmorley and Barrett ahead of him in the pecking order but he was one heck of a player, very similar stature to Stacey but a bit faster with great vision and ball skills, hopefully some of that transfers to his coaching.

I'm not sure how I feel about his appointment, a little excited I suppose, unsure, but they really have little choice, If the Warriors players had just a bit of heart and skills that McFadden showed when he played then we should go ok, if they continue the Bluey,Iro,Elliott trend of under performing then it's clearly the players fault.

Danco

NSW Cup Player
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Anyone know what kind of a coach this guy is? He has always come off as a bit soft in interviews, but who knows what he's like in the sheds.

I gotta say I'm pretty excited about this. Elliot was never 'the guy', so this has been a long time coming. I just hope that McFadden actually has a chance to stake his claim as coach and hasn't already been told he's just warming the seat for Sheens or whatever.

Bring on the team announcement. Hopefully we're over having to see Mateos fat frame in a Warriors jersey and he can live out his days in NSW cup.
so true.

Pharris

U20's Player
May 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Blind faith is boring...try coming to the forum, vent, delivering a stinging attack aimed at those who you think deserve it at the club, and then put forward your ideas on making the team better.

Keep the faith is dumb...earn my faith bitches!!!

That's exactly what I am saying. I am not just being a jerk and talking shit about my team please don't get me wrong people! I am just saying, as a Warriors fan! I need more than "Keep the faith". I don't expect us to win, I am not that stupid. But I expect Us to damn well fking perform atleast even a little bit like we did the week before...OR anything really! Consistently play bad! I wouldn't care! It would purely mean that we need to focus and work on specific things. But this team have NEW problems every damn week! No wonder he quit as coach. I would have probably killed every single player while trying to coach their stupid ass.

Just be consistent with anything Warriors! Ball control, discipline, defense, offense, every damn part of the game. Earn my faith Warriors, Earn my support. EARN it by not embarrassing the shit out of us with predictable performances. I knew from the SECOND I read the report from the Sharks coach 1 week prior to playing us. He said "A win for the sharks is miles away". I said out loud at that moment. "The Warriors are going to lose badly this weekend". Friends, coworkers, I told all. This team is so damn terribly predictable its sad. I love the warriors, I always will. But I get too damn frustrated watching them play. Call me when they stop making us a laughing stock of the greatest sport NRL.

Reactions: 1 person

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Talk about being set up to fail.:confused:

Two other Australians coached us without prior head coaching positions in the NRL and they were our most successful coaches based on results.

Cleary and Daniel Anderson were given a shot as our head coach with no NRL experience, Anderson was a real bolter at the time and Cleary coached the Roosters reserve grade to a title so at least McFadden has had experience as an assistant with Catalans and the Raiders, never know how he could turn out as coach, could be like Anderson or end up like Elliott?!.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings