Staff Alex Corvo

tajhay

🏉
it had to be SK or Brian Smith
Shouldn't Brian Smith be overseeing all the staff? If so, why does George say Kearney will be interviewing the candidates to replace Corvo, rather than Smith, or even done jointly.

The questions will probably go along something like this:
"Ummm ya know do you agree with me?"
If "yes"
Shortlisted/hired
ElseIf "no"
Outright no! We don't need anymore people who don't believe in the pro....ummm the game model
Endif

Who is overseeing the football department in reality? Is it Smith or is it Kearney? I would have much more confidence if it was Smith.

Btw how "Warriors" is the following situation:
1) players admit that they didn't put in at training.
2) review held
3) Alex Corvo leaves the club

This is the same Alex Corvo that Bellamy spoke highly off and said that as long as he is coaching in the NRL, Corvo will always have a job available with him. If we aren't ready to have Corvo, we aren't ready to have higher calibre coaches like Bellamy either. Let's stick to mediocrity.

Reactions: 15 users
Shouldn't Brian Smith be overseeing all the staff? If so, why does George say Kearney will be interviewing the candidates to replace Corvo, rather than Smith, or even done jointly.

The questions will probably go along something like this:
"Ummm ya know do you agree with me?"
If "yes"
Shortlisted/hired
ElseIf "no"
Outright no! We don't need anymore people who don't believe in the pro....ummm the game model
Endif

Who is overseeing the football department in reality? Is it Smith or is it Kearney? I would have much more confidence if it was Smith.

Btw how "Warriors" is the following situation:
1) players admit that they didn't put in at training.
2) review held
3) Alex Corvo leaves the club

This is the same Alex Corvo that Bellamy spoke highly off and said that as long as he is coaching in the NRL, Corvo will always have a job available with him. If we aren't ready to have Corvo, we aren't ready to have higher calibre coaches like Bellamy either. Let's stick to mediocrity.
we are consistent Grand Finalists in mediocrity. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Corvo was never employed to be liked by the players, his job was to get the players fit. If the players weren't putting in at training that is the fault of SK and the leadership group of Senior players.

For Blake Green to admit this is a disgrace, it demonstrates a lack of respect for the leadership group and even SK.

The likes of Blair, Harris and Green should be vocal enough to pull these offenders up.

Can you imagine Belllamy and Cam Smith acceptaning such sloppiness at Melbourne or Trent Robinson at the Roosters.

Reactions: 7 users
Corvo was never employed to be liked by the players, his job was to get the players fit. If the players weren't putting in at training that is the fault of SK and the leadership group of Senior players.

For Blake Green to admit this is a disgrace, it demonstrates a lack of respect for the leadership group and even SK.

The likes of Blair, Harris and Green should be vocal enough to pull these offenders up.

Can you imagine Belllamy and Cam Smith acceptaning such sloppiness at Melbourne or Trent Robinson at the Roosters.
never would happen. what would happen they would be playing Canterbury cup

Reactions: 4 users

I recall back when Shaun Johnson departed our loud mouth CEO was on the radio saying how great it is to now have 28 committed players all putting in at training and this was why 2019 was going to be a success. Absolute dribble. As tajhay says, bunch of mediocre (or worse) yes men.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
What irks me is that these are professional athletes who are highly paid and in some instances earning more than Prime Ministers of countries. Their fortunate they can work basically part time and earn salaries which as suppoeters can only dream of.

They all need a kick up the arse. For this reason I'm not sure SK and recruitment team are the right people to take this club forward.

What self respecting trainer would take on the role or quality player.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

bruce

Contributor
I agree at other clubs the senior players would help maintain the standards, that was why Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Blair were bought in. That is a lot of money spent to learn how difficult it is to clean up elephant turds. It isn't Green's fault. I don't know who is exactly to blame apart from the guy who hired the players.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

bruce

Contributor
What irks me is that these are professional athletes who are highly paid and in some instances earning more than Prime Ministers of countries. Their fortunate they can work basically part time and earn salaries which as suppoeters can only dream of.
That is only part of the story. Olsen Filipaina has told how he gave most of his money to his father, who gambled it away. It is just the Polynesian thing. These guys are just earners for the family, so they don't have the respect for the pay that a honky would. They have the pressure though if they don't earn, or if they get dropped to reserve grade and lose face.

I agree at other clubs the senior players would help maintain the standards, that was why Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Blair were bought in. That is a lot of money spent to learn how difficult it is to clean up elephant turds. It isn't Green's fault. I don't know who is exactly to blame apart from the guy who hired the players.
For me, Blake Green encapsulates all that is wrong with the club. He’s slow, lacking in skill, old and overpaid and he’s far too close to the CEO and the coach. His weekly Herald articles are nauseating because they just come across as Warriors propaganda. Cappy’s farewell drinks last year had just one player in attendance and it wasn’t Simon Mannering or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. He’s an overrated brown nose.

Reactions: 6 users
hhhhmmm I play cricket to a very low standard and do a lot of running....for me the more I train the better I get. the harder i train and push myself, the better I get and the easier it becomes...

surely these bozo players realise this as well....and why isn;t the leadership group blowing up about the lack of effort at training? Surely it's in their remit to do this?

hhhhmmm I play cricket to a very low standard and do a lot of running....for me the more I train the better I get. the harder i train and push myself, the better I get and the easier it becomes...

surely these bozo players realise this as well....and why isn;t the leadership group blowing up about the lack of effort at training? Surely it's in their remit to do this?

Agree, it demonstrates how week the standards in the club. I can see why Autux have made comments about standards within the club.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor

They earn enough that they can pay others to do all that hard stuff can't they....😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I work as a S&C coach for a union team down here and one thing I've found is the trainer themselves dont really matter in the overall scheme of things.

Yes a guy like Corvo, with all his experience and the players he's trained, is definitely top tier and a guy any club should keep on board but no matter how good his systems/ programs, the one limiting factor will always be players buy in and desire to achieve the goal

Not many guys here strike me as the guys to look and say this guy built physically good teams so sticking to his plan will make me a better player

Reactions: 6 users

They all need a kick up the arse. For this reason I'm not sure SK and recruitment team are the right people to take this club forward.

What self respecting trainer would take on the role or quality player.

The most disappointing thing is that we all thought we had moved past the stage of having lazy unfit players.
Now we are right back at square one again.

Reactions: 5 users
The most disappointing thing is that we all thought we had moved past the stage of having lazy unfit players.
Now we are right back at square one again.
I'll reserve my judgement until we see who comes in for him, could be Gordon Teitjens for all we know.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
For me, Blake Green encapsulates all that is wrong with the club. He’s slow, lacking in skill, old and overpaid and he’s far too close to the CEO and the coach. His weekly Herald articles are nauseating because they just come across as Warriors propaganda. Cappy’s farewell drinks last year had just one player in attendance and it wasn’t Simon Mannering or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. He’s an overrated brown nose.

Was it Charnze? haha

Seemed like Robinson commented on it: saying that injured players shouldn't be up in the coaches box thinking they are cool they should be with your mates down on the sideline. - Don't necessarily agree though...

• Haha
I recall seeing comments during the year that Green was basically acting like an assistant coach, coming up with the attack plan in conjuction with Peyton - maybe he can do that full-time next year then there won't be any issue seeing him in the box, and we get someone else on the paddock.