Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
A fellow league guy (not a bandwagoner) picked it up. He couldn't remember where he heard it. No substance to it, that is why I was asking. We were just talking about the serious lack of depth in our halves right now.

I'm taking that with a grain of salt personally, I would say we are anything but short in halves. Quality is different question. We have 2 injured this week and CHT here next year... I do think Volkman is out though. He could have played on Saturday if the club wanted him too, players get exemptions all the time to be added to team lists.

The club must be thinking about 2025 signings though, with guys like Johnson and Harris possibly finishing off, there are some key recruitment decisions to be made.

I'm taking that with a grain of salt personally, I would say we are anything but short in halves. Quality is different question. We have 2 injured this week and CHT here next year... I do think Volkman is out though. He could have played on Saturday if the club wanted him too, players get exemptions all the time to be added to team lists.

The club must be thinking about 2025 signings though, with guys like Johnson and Harris possibly finishing off, there are some key recruitment decisions to be made.
I disagree we are well off for halves

Reactions: kos

Actually, you make quite an interesting point re: recruitment for 2025 - usually we hear about who's coming a little over a year away, so I'm sure with SJ finishing up and Tohu either finishing or on a reduced contract, we've got a bit of cash to splash. Hopefully shortly after finals we'll hear a bit more

Actually, you make quite an interesting point re: recruitment for 2025 - usually we hear about who's coming a little over a year away, so I'm sure with SJ finishing up and Tohu either finishing or on a reduced contract, we've got a bit of cash to splash. Hopefully shortly after finals we'll hear a bit more
Someone like George Williams would be quite handy post SJ. Good game manager.

Potentially have 4 NRL quality centers next year in Ali, RTS, Berry and Pompey. Then if the club is serious about keeping Tuaupiki and also wanting to give development time to Patrick Moimoi in NSW cup, then surely Brayden Williame has been told to look elsewhere for next season?
I wonder if they are thinking about RT at half. Mind you he is as old as SJ isn't he?

Funny thing about our brains trust. You now they are after somebody when he is signed and arrives at the ground. Strange feckers eh? 🤔 ;)
I still reckon the Cowboys are pissed Doyle pushed the price of Taumalolo through the roof.

TMM wants to retire here so he will be the veteran 6 for the next half a decade.

It’s the halfback we need and Volkman could play maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of games for an older SJ and take over 2025, if still not ready maybe get SJ to share half of the game time or something, experience of TMM with a 23 y/o Volkman should be ok, if Volkman still is meh in another season then he probably doesn’t have it

If CHT upgrades himself and have “career best form” like so many others that could be under consideration too

Wonder what’s going on with Greig? I can’t believe he hasn’t been locked up yet.
Had a great year and his best is still in front of him.
Would seem a perfect fit for us and wouldn’t break the bank.
Didn't he cop and extension prior to his injury and just after his break out form?

Bullemor was floated but at the time reports were he didn't want to move out of aus. Was even considering retirement.

Are there any fringe, proven minute players like Leniu? Young and upcoming pup that is stuck behind an established front row?

Be nice to snake a few from Payten.

What about Smith at Panthers although he's likely to take Leniu spot. Sharks got a lot of props struggling for game time. I'd chase that Jack Williams. Same mould as Bullemor, even Hunt, Hamlin-Uele be worth a dig.

I love his competitiveness and he is a smart footy player who plays ultra consistently in a pretty shit Raiders side. I'd take him over our wingers.
No way I'd take him over DWZ. A few years ago I'd entertain the thought. He is a ultra competitor. Just a bit too loose sometimes lol.

Didn't he cop and extension prior to his injury and just after his break out form?

Bullemor was floated but at the time reports were he didn't want to move out of aus. Was even considering retirement.

Are there any fringe, proven minute players like Leniu? Young and upcoming pup that is stuck behind an established front row?

Be nice to snake a few from Payten.

What about Smith at Panthers although he's likely to take Leniu spot. Sharks got a lot of props struggling for game time. I'd chase that Jack Williams. Same mould as Bullemor, even Hunt, Hamlin-Uele be worth a dig.
Only thing I could find is that the eels were looking at offering him a 3 year deal in may.
Zero tackle etc all have him off contract…
I thought bullemor had re-signed but can’t find anything about that either.
Theyre the pick of the off contract middles.

Only thing I could find is that the eels were looking at offering him a 3 year deal in may.
Zero tackle etc all have him off contract…
I thought bullemor had re-signed but can’t find anything about that either.
Theyre the pick of the off contract middles.
Someone like Bullemor would have been an ideal pickup, sounds like Manly are going to re-sign.
from ZeroTackle Sep 3:
"In other news for the Sea Eagles however, the club have reportedly re-signed all of Raymond Vaega, Ethan Bullemor, Jamie Humphreys and Gordon Chan Kum Tong."

Really hope they have at least one mid to top tier middle/prop coming in for 24.

Back