General adam henry

Reaction score

Tyrael_old

who is Adam Henry? the roosters have signed him from the warriors until 2013. is this Ben Henry's brother or is this from the ESL?

Reaction score

Tajhay_old

Average centre who played for u20s last year and perhaps the year before for us I believe. He signed on a couple of weeks ago.

Reaction score

Spence_old

Really? I haven't head of that. He debuted for the NYC this year, plays wing (and a little 5/8th).

Reaction score

Fazz_old

Isn't he playing this year too? Either way I agree, pretty average. I doubt he'll crack NRL there. Maybe at a good development team like the Storm, but not at the Roosters.

Reaction score

Spence_old

This is his debut season.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

I thought he was still in the team...haha. Who's Taj mixing him up with?

Reaction score

Viking_old

Average centre who played for u20s last year and perhaps the year before for us I believe. He signed on a couple of weeks ago.
This is his 1st year in NYC, he was top try scorer in the Sharman last year and played NZ Maori U18s and was named in NZ schoolboys the year before. He's no relation to Ben. I know Adam, nobody's worked harder to make the juniors side than he has this year. He'll be on a 2nd tier contract at the Roosters with match payment top ups for any 1st grade games so will spent most if not all the year with Newtown. The Roosters see him as a centre prospect which is good because he doesn't quite have the out and out speed for a 1st grade winger but has enough to cover the position.

He's mainly played centre and standoff in junior footy but Hurrell has outshone all other centres in the NYC so Adam's made the wing spot his and has had a good strike rate on the wing considering. Just last year Dean Bell was talking up Feki as a 1st grade prospect and Te Pou has long been regarded as being a player that had the talent to go on to 1st grade as well but Hurrells emergence has probably meant neither of them will be picked up by the Warriors at the end of the year. Adam's made the right move IMO.

Reaction score

Spence_old

Have you heard anything about Poching lately?

Reaction score

Viking_old

Have you heard anything about Poching lately?
Nah, strange situation that. Gavet was close to getting a run from Cleary but no mention of Poching.

Patu might know what's going on there.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

Damn, any idea what week Gavet was close to getting a run in?

Reaction score

Viking_old

It was a few months ago, probably when Sam Rapira was injured but James picked up a high ankle sprain that week which took him out as well. I think either he or Poching will be retained with Latimore going and my money would be on James.

Reaction score

Spence_old

I don't see why they wouldn't retain both.

Rapira
Packer
Matulino
Lillyman

Would be our only props left. I think you'd want at least 6 genuine propping options in your squad. Unless they see Sione Lousi an option? Which I wouldn't agree with. Or perhaps mould Ta'ai? Which I wouldn't usually agree with, but with the emergence of Taylor, we might have to look at that as a way to fit all three of Taylor, Brown and Ta'ai in.

Reaction score

Fazz_old

Yeah, I think Tai'ai will have to move to prop or just be injury cover. Taylor is just too good to drop.

Even Mannering and Luck are finding some really good form.

Reaction score

Patu_old

I don't see why they wouldn't retain both.

Rapira
Packer
Matulino
Lillyman

Would be our only props left. I think you'd want at least 6 genuine propping options in your squad. Unless they see Sione Lousi an option? Which I wouldn't agree with. Or perhaps mould Ta'ai? Which I wouldn't usually agree with, but with the emergence of Taylor, we might have to look at that as a way to fit all three of Taylor, Brown and Ta'ai in.
Saulala Houma is also seen as a propping option. I think Gavet would be next cab off the rank should any of our top four be injured.

Reaction score

Spence_old

Yep, you're right. I completely forgot about him. I'd be very happy with Packer, Matulino, Lillyman, Rapira, Gavet, Poching and Houma. But I guess I could deal with losing Poching, Houma has been pretty impressive.

Reaction score

Chch fan_old

Good on Adam Henry. Always dissapointing to see one of our 20s go but realisticlly we can't keep everyone. Hernry's chance of first grade game time here were not great at all so he's taken a chance, well done and all the best to him. He's not the next big thing but he seems to be a good kid with a good attitude and is a better player than mant on here give him credit. He will more than likley be at his best at centere and looking at the Roosters besides Skd there are some average players there without anything exciting so maybe in the next couple of years he may have a chance.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

Nice story but....

Reaction score

Viking_old

The Roosters aren't afraid to give reserve grade players a run. Might be a necessity as a result of the big money they pay the stars they've brought off other clubs over the years. It doesn't leave enough money to fill the rest of the roster with established 1st graders maybe.

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa_old

Adam Henry is the best winger in the warriors 20s.
(well bar omar)

Cant believe you guys are dismissing him as average.
Yes - he is a less than average stand off.

If the Warriors actually left him on the wing the whole year, he would be one of NYC's best players.
Nobody backed billy tupou - and I reckon Adam could turn out better than bill tupou.

Better prospect than Penehe imo.
He is also miles better than Collier.

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa_old

This is his 1st year in NYC, he was top try scorer in the Sharman last year and played NZ Maori U18s and was named in NZ schoolboys the year before. He's no relation to Ben. I know Adam, nobody's worked harder to make the juniors side than he has this year. He'll be on a 2nd tier contract at the Roosters with match payment top ups for any 1st grade games so will spent most if not all the year with Newtown. The Roosters see him as a centre prospect which is good because he doesn't quite have the out and out speed for a 1st grade winger but has enough to cover the position.

He's mainly played centre and standoff in junior footy but Hurrell has outshone all other centres in the NYC so Adam's made the wing spot his and has had a good strike rate on the wing considering. Just last year Dean Bell was talking up Feki as a 1st grade prospect and Te Pou has long been regarded as being a player that had the talent to go on to 1st grade as well but Hurrells emergence has probably meant neither of them will be picked up by the Warriors at the end of the year. Adam's made the right move IMO.
Good comment.
Totally agree.

Both Feki and Te Pou will have to try and get to first grade through vulcans or qld cup imo.
Feki - doesnt look like he has the last too inches yet. Would have got a 2nd tier contract if it werent for Hurrell
Te Pou - bodyshape/fitness means nobody will look at him straight away. Will need to rip up for vulcans etc first.

Top Bottom