Player Adam Blair

Thank you Adam Blair.
A truly stellar career and when all is said and done will be remembered as Kiwi rugby league legend.

Hiahia ahau ki a koutou i te pai katoa
Kia Ora.

Reactions: 6 users
Blair proving that he's got more integrity than Darius Boyd. Instead of digging his claws in and sulking over a demotion (CTR for Boyd and Bench for Blair) he contributed as best he could and retired early to assist the club.

He may have had his struggles form-wise, but I think Blair would have been a big part of the team coming together. I still remember Luke saying Blair was the one demanding he lift his standards during the hot streak in 2018. I think he'll be looked after by the club in retirement and will be a valuable asset in terms of preparation and fitness.

Like most people, my favourite Blair moments are the try in the World Cup and the Manly/Storm punch up with the Stewart bros. Great career from Blair and I honestly think he had a really solid year for us to cap it off.

Reactions: 4 users
He'll be an elite fitness & conditioning trainer if he wants to be, probly still be coming 2nd behind the Fijian sand dunes champ when he's 60.

Reactions: 1 users
He'll be an elite fitness & conditioning trainer if he wants to be, probly still be coming 2nd behind the Fijian sand dunes champ when he's 60.
You could be right. I read an article before saying todd payten is taking someone from our strength and conditioning staff with him.

Reactions: 1 user
You could be right. I read an article before saying todd payten is taking someone from our strength and conditioning staff with him.
Maybe he'll take that Twentyman dude, something's not right with all the injuries on his program. Plus we need a succession plan for when Rubes is paralyzed from all that Kava.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Queen’s honours for Adam Blair
Congratulations! But...

Surely as a player, many have done more?
Surely off the field, many have done more?
Wasn’t he just doing a job he was well paid for?

Stacey, Kearney, Bell, Mannering, etc would all have done as much for NZ.

Anyway - he did do a great job for the game and Kiwis and we should be proud that a league player has been recognised.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats Blairy
Probably doing so much more than what we know, a great leader and family man
And I will always remember Storm vs Manly
Ain’t your fault you got paid
Respect

Reactions: 4 users
Hard case story on stuff where he got the call from the Governor General and initially thought he’d done something wrong. Really like Blair and his honesty on the panel after the Warriors games. Reading his intentions for setting up an academy for teaching the game and pathways outside of league sounds like it’s thoroughly deserved.

Reactions: 3 users