Player Adam Blair

Everything about this is good timing.

- For himself he has played well this year. He can hold his head high.
- He is being selfless in forgoing another year of high pay. Giving the club an opportunity to look for another quality player. (Players will look at us as a club on the rise and after Addin Fonua-Blake signed others will seriously consider us)
- The club is doing the right thing keeping him around, I guarantee he is a big reason for the culture change at the club. He would have been a big stabilising influence during their COVID time.

I hope he is part of the conditioning team next year, I can’t remember a year he has played that he hasn’t turned up in good physical condition, and by all accounts is one of the best trainers. Don’t turn up fat or lazy.

I for one take my hat off to him for a very respectable career. Go well Adam.

bruce

Contributor
I hope he is part of the conditioning team next year, I can’t remember a year he has played that he hasn’t turned up in good physical condition, and by all accounts is one of the best trainers. Don’t turn up fat or lazy.
That is true...but like a broken record I remind youse all that Iro was every bit as professional and arguably way more effective on the field.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Stalefish540

Contributor
Not many people can say they have played over 300 first grade games, and 50 tests for their country. He was well within his rights to take up his player option, but has decided to go the non-selfish route even if it is just gonna be payed off the cap with his new role. Still a respectable thing to know that his money is better served with securing a younger player to help the squad next season. All the best post footy Blairy, you're a true professional.

Not my most favourite player and youd have to question how much value he bought here on the park, but i got plenty of respect for his career. You dont have that sort of longevity without being able to maintain consistent high standards.

Wont be mentioned in the same breath as our greatest Kiwi's - Rubes, Stacey, Benji etc.....but he played more games than all of them....not a bad footnote to have in your c.v.

Should bring value to any off field role the Warriors use him in.

All the best Adam Blair ... in some ways you came here to be put out to pasture... having said that...
Its more than his tenure for the Warriors, its about his whole career, a GF ring, World cup medal and other accolades so us as Worryerz fans should look beyond his stint as a warrior and appreciate what hes done with other clubs as well as the kiwis. So as far as I'm concerned thanks for your contribution and all the best in whatever venture you choose to do..