Player Adam Blair

Hi

I have two questions on Adam Blair - half the articles on the internet say $2.4 over three years and the other half $2M. Is he actually on $800 a year or $650K a year like the above says.

Secondly, my understanding is he and his salary could be around for two more seasons. However one of the posters on this site, I forget who, said that we had just used our excess salary cap from this year to pay him off for future years and get his salary down going forward. Is this true? Did we pay both 2020 and 2021 down? Any idea by how much???

Thanks...
One of the club news releases said he was on 650 a year.
Which is quite reasonable for a international 300 game veteran
With leadership skills.
On the question did we pay it forward I don't know ..
But the way the salery cap works is if you don't spend it you can
pay it forward .But you can't save it .
So who ever got payed forward it doesn't really matter .who
It just frees up cap space for next season .

Personally I was never a fan but I think he brings a few
Positives to the team..

One of the club news releases said he was on 650 a year.
Which is quite reasonable for a international 300 game veteran
With leadership skills.
On the question did we pay it forward I don't know ..
But the way the salery cap works is if you don't spend it you can
pay it forward .But you can't save it .
So who ever got payed forward it doesn't really matter .who
It just frees up cap space for next season .

Personally I was never a fan but I think he brings a few
Positives to the team..

He brings some positives to the team for sure. But he is not worth anywhere near $650,000 a year. $400,000 max.
The Adam Blair of the Storm days would be worth $650-800,000

He brings some positives to the team for sure. But he is not worth anywhere near $650,000 a year. $400,000 max.
Because they are lining up to come play for us aren't they.
He cost what he costs.
Just like our whoever our next big name signing is going to
Cost us big money .
The salery cap has changed an players wages have gone up.
Get used to 600 thousand dollar forwards .

bruce

Contributor
I really wouldn't mind him getting well paid, if he earned it, and that he has not been doing all the time, by his own admission.

Reactions: warriors55

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Because they are lining up to come play for us aren't they.
He cost what he costs.
Just like our whoever our next big name signing is going to
Cost us big money .
The salery cap has changed an players wages have gone up.
Get used to 600 thousand dollar forwards .

Yup gotta add the ‘Warriors Tax’ to get established players here, luckily we generally offsets this with cheaper home grown players

He is here for the 1%ers apparently and I guess we gotta live with that until we have a proper team that all does the 1%ers. Then we will be able to cull the players who dont do the other things we need to win like make lotsa tackle/yards/tries or whatever their KPI's for their position is.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Contributor
He is here for the 1%ers apparently and I guess we gotta live with that until we have a proper team that all does the 1%ers. Then we will be able to cull the players who dont do the other things we need to win like make lotsa tackle/yards/tries or whatever their KPI's for their position is.
Don't hold back, name some names. ;)

bruce

Contributor
Rugby league: Warriors back rower Adam Blair admits to attitude issues within team in NRL loss to Raiders
Warriors back rower Adam Blair believes their season can be salvaged – but agrees there were some worrying signs last Friday night against Canberra.

The senior forward admits that the Warriors' defensive issues were magnified by a domino effect, where some poor decisions become contagious across the team.

After a promising five game run that had yielded three wins and a draw, the Auckland side took a major backward step against the Raiders, with their 46-12 loss one of the worst of the year.

They looked second best from the first few sets, and the game was over in the 35th minute when Canberra crossed for their fourth try.

It was a performance that was hard to reconcile with their recent output, but Blair said it revealed some attitude issues.

"Defence is an attitude thing and I think for our group if one or two people are off defensively, we all seem to be off together," said Blair. "You start working against each other, instead of knowing what your job and your role is, you start forgetting about your job and start doing things out of the team structure. We went away from what's been working [and] lost that aggression and intent in what we did."

Unfortunately, it wasn't the first time in 2019. The same group wise malaise, and lack of desire and hunger, was evident in the losses against the Tigers (Sydney), Sea Eagles (Christchurch) and Knights (Mt Smart), results that have proved extremely costly in the context of the season.

It's left the Warriors three points outside the eight, and with the toughest run home of any contender, with four opponents in the top five and the fast rising Sharks.

Blair isn't exactly bullish about their finals prospects – which seem to be not much more than a mathematical equation – but there is no sign of the white flag either.

"[What we did] in the six weeks previous you don't lose all that ability over one game," said Blair. "It's still there. The finals are a long way away but if we can turn up with a better attitude than what we did last week and individually prepared to go to battle and make sure we do everything properly then we give ourselves a chance to compete. It's the old cliché, one game at a time ... but that is what it has to be for us."

Reactions: Beastmode
I don’t get it. He’s in the leadership group. He’s probably well respected in the team. He’s part of the problem. He’s played okay for 1 or 2 games this season apart from that he’s done fuck all. Half way through the first half he should have been tearing into his teammates & beefed them up, but you can’t really do that when he’s dropped the ball twice & gain fuck all meters.

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Rugby league: Warriors back rower Adam Blair admits to attitude issues within team in NRL loss to Raiders
Warriors back rower Adam Blair believes their season can be salvaged – but agrees there were some worrying signs last Friday night against Canberra.

The senior forward admits that the Warriors' defensive issues were magnified by a domino effect, where some poor decisions become contagious across the team.

After a promising five game run that had yielded three wins and a draw, the Auckland side took a major backward step against the Raiders, with their 46-12 loss one of the worst of the year.

They looked second best from the first few sets, and the game was over in the 35th minute when Canberra crossed for their fourth try.

It was a performance that was hard to reconcile with their recent output, but Blair said it revealed some attitude issues.

"Defence is an attitude thing and I think for our group if one or two people are off defensively, we all seem to be off together," said Blair. "You start working against each other, instead of knowing what your job and your role is, you start forgetting about your job and start doing things out of the team structure. We went away from what's been working [and] lost that aggression and intent in what we did."

Unfortunately, it wasn't the first time in 2019. The same group wise malaise, and lack of desire and hunger, was evident in the losses against the Tigers (Sydney), Sea Eagles (Christchurch) and Knights (Mt Smart), results that have proved extremely costly in the context of the season.

It's left the Warriors three points outside the eight, and with the toughest run home of any contender, with four opponents in the top five and the fast rising Sharks.

Blair isn't exactly bullish about their finals prospects – which seem to be not much more than a mathematical equation – but there is no sign of the white flag either.

"[What we did] in the six weeks previous you don't lose all that ability over one game," said Blair. "It's still there. The finals are a long way away but if we can turn up with a better attitude than what we did last week and individually prepared to go to battle and make sure we do everything properly then we give ourselves a chance to compete. It's the old cliché, one game at a time ... but that is what it has to be for us."

Leading by example

What’s a dickhead.

Money for the value, I'm not sure who is the worst signing they are both running for MVP in this category because they came on the slippery downhill slope with the best way behind them. and looking at all the clubs jumping into the ring to get Lukes signature you can see what a dud signing he is, but at least we got 1 good season out of Luke, unlike Blair who is average at best.

tajhay

🏉
Money for the value, I'm not sure who is the worst signing they are both running for MVP in this category because they came on the slippery downhill slope with the best way behind them. and looking at all the clubs jumping into the ring to get Lukes signature you can see what a dud signing he is, but at least we got 1 good season out of Luke, unlike Blair who is average at best.
Luke has been amongst best on field in few of his performances at the club. Has Blair ever been?

bruce

Contributor
This "a couple are off, all are off" mentality is nothing new. It's probably the most consistent thorn we've had stuck in us for the last several years.
The sad thing is that it is both true and obvious. So WTF are they doing about it?

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Adam Blair discusses retirement

New Zealand international Adam Blair admits he is unsure about whether he will play on past the end of the 2020 NRL season.

The Warriors forward is 34 in March and is entering the last year of his contract with the club.

“I don’t know. I haven’t really thought that far ahead,” Blair said.

“When people start talking about it you have to think about it then.

“But I try to put it to the back of my mind, because I don’t want to finish yet.

“I feel like I’ve got a lot to offer to the club or to players around me.

“At the moment I’m enjoying it, so the time that I stop enjoying my football or coming to training and doing what I love, then that’s most probably the time I have to sit down and have a talk.

“But those questions will come up. I think the option has to be taken up midyear, I’ve never gone that far in any of my contracts to be honest.

“The time will come, most probably before the season, where I’ll have to sit down with the club and my family and start talking about what the future looks like, whether it’s the last. “I don’t want to say that, but with whatever happens in the future.”