General 2023 Warriors Jerseys and Merchandise

Blackdot

Blackdot

I saw The Mad Butcher in that new polo w/sleeve chevrons yesterday at a mall. I like the idea of the simplicity, but it looked a bit naff to me in person - I'm not sure what aspect of it though, just when I saw it my immediate reaction was, meh.

TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

Lets not be too quick to judge, we can not accurately determine how good or bad it is until we see it covered in the black sand of Bethells- the ultimate test 😂

Not a fan of the navy. Too dark. Prefer the more vibrant cobalt blue from 2022...
It feels like every year since the OG colours were brought back, the blue has been dark for no reason. 2020 and next year the worst offenders.

I don't mind the navy, but I don't understand why you would be handed one of the best colour schemes to work with, I would argue not only in the NRL but in sport as a whole, and put out something which is pretty bang average : /

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Pros… looks sharp and doesn’t have Vodafone logos plastered all over it. Made from cotton rather than polyester!

Con’s… $100….mate ya dreaming at that price for a polo shirt!!

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
2023 polo front
2023 polo back
2023 hoodie front
2023 hoodie back

Akuma_81

Akuma_81

That new merch is taking the piss. No sponsor logos, plastic print logos, and more expensive!
Clearly rushed out to try and appease the fans, but seriously I can't see these selling well.
But what do I know - I slammed the Bush shirt and it's now taken on some kind of cult status!

marv

marv

man, i dig the simplicity. and especially dig the darker blue.

although straying further from the original colours, it’s a much more mature look, and from an aesthetic/design standpoint, much MUCH more pleasing to the eye.

i can’t wait to see the rest of it all.
hoping for |🤢ONE nz| on the front of the jersey rather than a giant 🤢

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
That new merch is taking the piss. No sponsor logos, plastic print logos, and more expensive!
Clearly rushed out to try and appease the fans, but seriously I can't see these selling well.
But what do I know - I slammed the Bush shirt and it's now taken on some kind of cult status!
I agree. Its actually outrageous that they would charge $100 for a polo and its only got heat pressed badges. For that record setting price you'd want it embroidered and know that it'll basically last a lifetime.

And the picnic table jersey is still shit and one of the worst rugby league jerseys ever worn...

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Range so far just kinda looks cheap and thrown together last minute. Price is far too high too

Reactions: mt.wellington
AlexM

AlexM

As long as the playing kit is flash I'd rather they saved money on training kits.
Remember when they had like a fire and ice combo? Cool but like... really.. training tops

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I reckon they’ve been hinting at a darker shade of blue for a while. The shading on the web site and when you open the app has the 2022 cobalt diagonally opposed by the darker blue.

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
I reckon they’ve been hunting at a darker shade of blue for a while. The shading on the web site and when you open the app has the 2022 cobalt diagonally opposed by the darker blue.
Wonder what the rationale for that is? Could they be trying to darken the whole kit so we go back to the black out days? At night time that shade of blue will look like a darker midnight blue.

Maybe Im just resistant to change but I love the OG blue tone.

In other news I seen the players wearing a quarter zip windbreaker in the 2023 theme and its looks pretty cool...

AlexM

AlexM

Wonder what the rationale for that is? Could they be trying to darken the whole kit so we go back to the black out days? At night time that shade of blue will look like a darker midnight blue.

In other news I seen the players wearing a quarter zip windbreaker in the 2023 theme and its looks pretty cool...
Would you have any idea what that Red/Orange Puffy Jacket you sometimes saw Brownie and Stacie in was?

Defence

Defence

Wife gets me the singlet for Xmas every year- that dark blue one a couple of years ago was my least favorite so probably not gonna like this one either.
On the bright side at least there’ll be no sleeves for them to slap them chevrons on.
Love a good chevron on the front of a jersey but looks weird on the sleeves.

Reactions: Blackdot
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor

Im with you Welly, I have always loved the OV scheme - still the only one that really feels unique to us.

I like the navy too but not as much.

Reactions: mt.wellington
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Contributor
As long as the playing kit is flash I'd rather they saved money on training kits.
Remember when they had like a fire and ice combo? Cool but like... really.. training tops
Haha I bought them.

I bought the ice on because it looked amazing. I bought the fire one because it was on sale very cheap and meant I had the set.

Do you know what I miss? Canterbury overproducing like crazy so when the Warriors bombed out you could get jerseys cheap as chips. Gutted I missed the heritage one this year.