General 2023 NZ Warriors Preseason

geepee

warriors gave them naming rights ( other clubs havent hence y they use it )

geepee

Has anyone heard about the players doing work at Downers NZ? Believe its work experience. I'm assuming its going to be like how the Storm does it by sending their new signings out for a weeks work...
pretty sure there's been links to downers for careers since there 9s sponsorship, i belive some are looking at other career avenues too

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Have to say - by looking at the photos on Insta etc. I’m surprised by the number of players in the run on side that are already back training.

Sadly it probably shows that the majority of the squad wasn’t up to standard to make international sides for the WC but there could be a positive to that for the team.

Also Toby’s decision to turn down the WC and focus on a solid pre season will hopefully reap some benefits too
Toby??????

Reactions: uncmase and Defence
Dixpat

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
TV3 sports news is going to have an item on the Warriors in “work” in approximately 10 minutes (6.40 NZT)

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

I know they we're going on about how they wanted the guys to experience "real work" so they dont take for granted what they do, but it looked more like pure PR spin to me.......not that there's anything wrong with that......at least their engaging.

Reactions: Onewarrior and Aman
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Great initiative but ditch the media and make it a week doing real hard work. Monday to Friday. 50 hour week. Roading is good but do asphalt work, spreading metal or hand digging culverts all week. Get them labouring for blockies and chippies. Running gib into sites on gib truck gangs. Digging holes with drainlayers. Real physical work that makes you think hard about your life choices.

Then get a no holds barred report from the bosses. Any player slacking off gets their contract ripped up. Have it as a condition in contracts.

Go for real cuture changing effects. Not another media build up story to give fans yet more false hope...