Recruitment 2023/2024 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Wrighty

Wrighty

Disgusting considering they (Australia) have 4 times as many people in their country. The Warriors need to up their fucking game!
At least its not AFL chasing our kids as was happening ten years ago as Aussie rules made a NZ push.

• Wow
Reactions: shuffle
Noitall

Noitall

CCJohnC

Juniors​

Messages648
Reading Zero Tackle Dan Nichols list of underrated players he names for Penrith Moses Leota. I have no problem with that but he goes onto say there is a rumour that he may be on the move in the near future. I find that hard to believe and I have not read that any where. Anyone else heard this?

Read this on the panthers forum. Would love Leota to come home for 2024.

Noitall

Noitall

He’s been underrated for years but don’t know if he can still carry that tag- think people have woken up to him now.
He was a standout in the grand final and I reckon he was the best prop on the field in the semi final against Aussie, definitely not under the radar anymore. I think there could be a possibility of the panthers moving him on and prioritising a younger Leniu, who also had an impressive World Cup playing through injury.

Since95

Since95

Disgusting considering they (Australia) have 4 times as many people in their country. The Warriors need to up their fucking game!
He was with us trying to develop that pathway but he's basically providing what the warriors can't at the moment.

Possibly knowing Gus, he joined warriors while In aus to suss out their pathways scheme to do research without having to set foot in Nz and step on any toes or spend any capital getting the info of the state of affairs while pretending to have our best interests at heart.

But it ain't the first time Bulldogs managed to scout Kiwi superstars in our own back yard.

• Sad
Reactions: Up the guttz
Paulo24

Paulo24

The one cheap Reggie player back that I think would revolutionise our backline is William Warbrick. Unsigned for 2024 can negotiate now. I really believe he has all the tools to be a menace and provide us with some real strike out wide. Great speed and power, also good at bringing the ball out of trouble. A must look at for me.

Toookey

Toookey

The one cheap Reggie player back that I think would revolutionise our backline is William Warbrick. Unsigned for 2024 can negotiate now. I really believe he has all the tools to be a menace and provide us with some real strike out wide. Great speed and power, also good at bringing the ball out of trouble. A must look at for me.
Screenshot 2022 11 30 16 08 54 99 1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9

Looks to have a good head on his shoulders. That last line - looking forward to returning home - someone get Warriors management on the phone to discuss! Still only 24, could have 8 - 9 years left in him.

Noitall

Noitall

BROWN IN NO RUSH AS BIG NRL LINE FORMS

The Eels are set for a long and nervous wait for Dylan Brown’s decision on his future with the 21-year-old in no rush to lock anything in.

Brown comes off contract at the end of 2023 but since November 1 has been free to negotiate with rivals for 2024 and beyond.

The Eels are hopeful of retaining the New Zealand international’s services but his manager told Wide World of Sports there are “eight or nine clubs” interested.

“There are eight or nine clubs after Dylan so there is a lot to consider,” Gavin Orr said.

“He will just sit back and see how things go over the next few weeks and months.”

Dylan Brown is in no rush to make a decision. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)
Dylan Brown is in no rush to make a decision. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

It comes after Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett declared he is “interested” in Brown, who he believes is a “quality player.”

The Dolphins are reportedly prepared to offer him $1 million per season on a four or five-year deal.

Brown backed up his career-best season with an impressive World Cup campaign for the Kiwis and is now enjoying a break in Europe.

Hard to imagine the Warriors aren’t one of those eight or nine reported in this article.

Reactions: zaggo
Since95

Since95

Yeah he was lined up to debut before injury and didn't get a look in after they got Nofoaluma.

Be a decent upgrade on our current smash and bash wingers of recent times prior to Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Kosi.

Wrighty

Wrighty

Give him a chance, plenty said that about Montoya a couple of years ago.
When Montoya joined he was the third ranked wing behind Ken and Fusitua
Our current centre depth might be

1) Vaillea
2) Pompey
3) Walker
4) Williame
5) Berry
And Niuokore can also play centres
We have centre and back row options coming out of ears and didn't need Williame his acquisition is pointless unless they really rate him and plan on starting him game one

Noitall

Noitall

1) Vaillea
2) Pompey
3) Walker
4) Williame
5) Berry
We have centre and back row options coming out of ears and didn't need Williame his acquisition is pointless unless they really rate him and plan on starting him game one
Pompey hasn’t owned the spot, Walker likely 14 and I think it would be a huge gamble to lock in Vailea and Berry at this stage though they may apart of their plans. Niukore at centre is a waste for me. Likely depth but a player that knows what it takes to be an nrl player.

Wrighty

Wrighty

Pompey hasn’t owned the spot, Walker likely 14 and I think it would be a huge gamble to lock in Vailea and Berry at this stage though they may apart of their plans. Niukore at centre is a waste for me. Likely depth but a player that knows what it takes to be an nrl player.
Coach Webster said "Walker will play 14 when full strength and fill in at centre when we have injuries there".

Geoff Public

Geoff Public

Don't Warri Be Happy
Contributor
Marata may be a waste in the centres, but it would allow us to start with Curran, Harris and Barnett and still have a Ben Murdoch-Masila, Sironen or Ford on the bench.
He'd score a few at close range out there too. He takes a lot of stopping.
But yeah he's probably not a long term prospect there and something we should look at for next season.

dylpickle

1) Vaillea
2) Pompey
3) Walker
4) Williame
5) Berry
I’d say Centre is our weakest spot. It’ll be Pompey’s last year with the club. Berry if he doesn’t perform this year then surely he will be given the option to explore. Walker already confirmed to be our 14. Willame will see how he goes and Vaillea is still young but the most promising of them all.

I’d be throwing the cheque book to get a gun center like Herbie Farnworth, Stephen Crichton, Will Penisini. Or even Let’s Bring Hiku home.