Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

The Falcon

The Falcon

I’m optimistic about our young props coming through with nothing factual to back that up. Although you would think 2024/25 is when these guys will be first grade ready.
So I wouldn’t be surprised if we went to the market for the 23’ season and signed a gap filler prop with some experience for our forward rotation on modest money.
2023 Forward rotation could well be Addin Fonua-Blake, Tohu Harris, Bunty and Pene.

Reactions: 1 users
Fonzie

Fonzie

I’m optimistic about our young props coming through with nothing factual to back that up. Although you would think 2024/25 is when these guys will be first grade ready.
So I wouldn’t be surprised if we went to the market for the 23’ season and signed a gap filler prop with some experience for our forward rotation on modest money.
2023 Forward rotation could well be Addin Fonua-Blake, Tohu Harris, Bunty and Pene.
I'm thinking Katoa will transition to Prop in not too long

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

I disagree about going to market, both Kepu boys are already confirmed to be top 30 next year and Finau will be also if he performs well given that we’ve never had a player spend more than one year on a development contract.

You can only have so many props in your 30 man roster before it starts to get unbalanced. We will be relying on these guys to step up big time in 2023 (after hopefully getting a few games in this year) with Addin Fonua-Blake, Bunty, Pene etc laying the foundation.

Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

Hi,

To those who frequent this thread more than I do. Have we signed anyone new since the Storm player and Metcalf?

If not please reply accordingly and I will delete this post. The world of Covid has me too busy to read other threads.

Ta.

Cces

Cces

I disagree about going to market, both Kepu boys are already confirmed to be top 30 next year and Finau will be also if he performs well given that we’ve never had a player spend more than one year on a development contract.

You can only have so many props in your 30 man roster before it starts to get unbalanced. We will be relying on these guys to step up big time in 2023 (after hopefully getting a few games in this year) with Addin Fonua-Blake, Bunty, Pene etc laying the foundation.
Do you think they'll persist with Peesi Kepu on the left edge this season or is he likely to move to the middle too?

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Hi,

To those who frequent this thread more than I do. Have we signed anyone new since the Storm player and Metcalf?

If not please reply accordingly and I will delete this post. The world of Covid has me too busy to read other threads.

Ta.
Niukore and Metcalf for 2023
Jesse Arthurs (Loan for 2022 only), Aaron Pene, Ash Taylor (upgraded to fulltime from train and trial), Shaun Johnson for 2022

I think that's it?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Reactions: 2 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Or Murchie, he’s looking big in recent pictures. Not sure where he fits in anymore.
With the rule changes it seems second rowers need to be smaller/ faster (hence Aitken moving in) and props need to be smaller hence the bigger second rowers are converting to props.

Waiting For Premiership

Waiting For Premiership

Hi,

Ta.
Seriously ha ha

Noitall

Noitall

With the rule changes it seems second rowers need to be smaller/ faster (hence Aitken moving in) and props need to be smaller hence the bigger second rowers are converting to props.
I think I saw the reason for Aitken to the second row was his leg drive. Murchie was a centre in his junior days and has speed, but was absolutely shattered in the games he got.

Noitall

Noitall

Every time I hear him talk he’s adamant he wants to stay on an edge
Hard to imagine a place in the squad for him once Niukore arrives since they fill basically the same positions, unless Harris calls it a day. Off contract at the end of the year so needs to impress.

Reactions: 1 user
Wrighty

Wrighty

There could be some legit rumours on Marty tapau to warriors if we have significant unspent salary cap after chasing Manu unsuccessfully

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users

geepee

He won't be coming here guys. He'll stay in Australia, the Sharks or Rabbitohs are short a prop or 2 off the top of my head. Potentially the Tigers too. He's being overpaid currently, so can see him going down all avenues to get a good deal somewhere local.

I agree around developing a local product, we have tried so many times in the past with no success. Hopefully with Addin Fonua-Blake as the pack leader, we can put a couple guys under him to learn the trade over the next couple seasons to take over Lodge. Here's hoping Pene and Afoa show us starting potential in the meantime.
both those sides aint interested, as for afoa i don't see him playing big minutes like last season where both he and Addin Fonua-Blake looked like they had breathing issues

Cces

Cces

I think Aitken's move to Second Row was out of necessity at first but it's a better fit for his skill set. As a Centre he has just 15 Try Assists in 123 games (only once in 7 years has he had more than 2 in a season). The last 44 times he's touched the ball he hasn't passed it once! That might even be closer to 50 if someone analysed his match vs the Sharks closely.

Reactions: 5 users
Noitall

Noitall

Zero tackle now has Taupau off to super league. Taukieho was heading to super league too last year, but is at pre season with the roosters.

There could be another hulking prop forward on his way to Super League.

That’s according to zerotackle which has revealed that Manly Sea Eagles prop Martin Taupau could be heading to the UK competition after being deemed surplus to requirements at his current NRL club.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.