Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I just want to clear the air on Geepee. I communicate with him on another platform, and on that platform he has told me things confidentially that turned out to be true, and he’s done it too often and with too good a strike rate for it to be luck.

Given that, I listen to him. I don’t accept everything he says, and sometimes he’s wrong like all mail can be. I have no idea where he gets his mail. But if you are interested in unconfirmed rumours, you could do much worse.

Look, I just want to clear the air on Geepee. I communicate with him on another platform, and on that platform he has told me things confidentially that turned out to be true, and he’s done it too often and with too good a strike rate for it to be luck.

Given that, I listen to him. I don’t accept everything he says, and sometimes he’s wrong like all mail can be. I have no idea where he gets his mail. But if you are interested in unconfirmed rumours, you could do much worse.
I'm no Fonzie but also communicate with Geepee every other day, one of the most reliable sources I know league wide, not just with Warriors mail.

I know they will likely get snapped up before November hits, but I wonder why we don't try to shake things up and offer big money to some of those big up and coming stars.

Sam Walker, Dylan Brown, Matt Burton, Joseph Sualli, Herbie Farnsworth etc why don't we just offer them huge contracts that either they accept, or it pushes their contract talks so that they get paid more, giving those teams less money to spend elsewhere.

E.g we offer Burton a mill a year. That either means Bulldogs have to up their price another 100k or so, or he seriously considers coming here.

I know they will likely get snapped up before November hits, but I wonder why we don't try to shake things up and offer big money to some of those big up and coming stars.

Sam Walker, Dylan Brown, Matt Burton, Joseph Sualli, Herbie Farnsworth etc why don't we just offer them huge contracts that either they accept, or it pushes their contract talks so that they get paid more, giving those teams less money to spend elsewhere.

E.g we offer Burton a mill a year. That either means Bulldogs have to up their price another 100k or so, or he seriously considers coming here.
I agree but the Dolphins/Munster saga has showed that a player will take 400k-500k less a season to not go to a team he doesn’t want to go to.

1 mil a season offer for Burton from us won’t move the needle even a smidge.

I agree but the Dolphins/Munster saga has showed that a player will take 400k-500k less a season to not go to a team he doesn’t want to go to.

1 mil a season offer for Burton from us won’t move the needle even a smidge.

Yeah for some players that's the case, for others thats deffo not. Munsters been earning a mill a season for how long, he's at the position where probably an extra mill over 3 or 4 years means sweet f a.
Then you have a player like Ryan Matterson who has refused to pay a 4k fine and has taken a 3 game suspension lol. Maybe we should be targeting tight arse Matto 🤣.

But yeah, there's a chance that at least one of these guys could be interested

Dylan Brown going to test the open market

Personally I believe unless Parra do some nice recruitment they have missed their window for a premiership and may have some scars from the last few finals run

Dolphins still need a marquee

Watched an interview with Dylan and he is a very proud kiwi who is wired a little different
Massive family man but I’m sure he has his family with him in Sydney

Still……. Although not 100% proven he is worth a sniff

Dylan Brown going to test the open market

Personally I believe unless Parra do some nice recruitment they have missed their window for a premiership and may have some scars from the last few finals run

Dolphins still need a marquee

Watched an interview with Dylan and he is a very proud kiwi who is wired a little different
Massive family man but I’m sure he has his family with him in Sydney

Still……. Although not 100% proven he is worth a sniff
We will be there hard
We will be a contender
The odds of him saying yes are low
We need a half to replace Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.