Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta be honest- I’ve never rated kerr- big for nothing- although tbf that was probably in part to how many wraps he came with- schoolboy star who’s never really lived up to the hype.
On the bright side he’s coming into his prime, is a big unit and is good enough to hold down a spot in our middle rotation as it is so maybe it’s a good fit- time will tell.
Ford picked up dragons reserve grade player of the year the other night which was good to see.
Bit embarrassing picking up the dragons cast offs but one clubs trash is another clubs treasure (sometimes…)

Gotta be honest- I’ve never rated kerr- big for nothing- although tbf that was probably in part to how many wraps he came with- schoolboy star who’s never really lived up to the hype.
On the bright side he’s coming into his prime, is a big unit and is good enough to hold down a spot in our middle rotation as it is so maybe it’s a good fit- time will tell.
Ford picked up dragons reserve grade player of the year the other night which was good to see.
Bit embarrassing picking up the dragons cast offs but one clubs trash is another clubs treasure (sometimes…)
Yeah agree...............It was the Cowboys rejects we were taking a few years back........Luck, Lilleyman and Gatis. Sometimes they just need a chance

Last edited:

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Mixmasterreece on LU reckons there is a good chance we'll pickup Spencer Leniu.

Oh, tasty. But Is he a credible source ?

Leniu be a huge win as long as we’re not paying overs. And Webster could do with some Penrith recruits. They will know how he ticks. What about that guy Sean O’Sullian? Looks like a decent half? Ahahaha

Webster really needs some Penrith pedigree players to go with him.

I suppose you have to roll the dice on some of these fringe guys. you look for value with who is available at the time and take a punt. Has worked in the past with guys like Luck. and not so much with guys like pene and evans

Leniu be a huge win as long as we’re not paying overs. And Webster could do with some Penrith recruits. They will know how he ticks. What about that guy Sean O’Sullian? Looks like a decent half? Ahahaha

I’d love Leniu, but I kind of feel like he’s the perfect bench prop. He goes so hard I feel he is most destructive against the tiring defence. I’d be concerned re injuries if he started and played long minutes. Don’t get me wrong, I would take him 100%. I think he and Josh Kerr is positive move by the club, but I’m just thinking out loud.
A prop rotation of Addin Fonua-Blake, Leniu, Josh Kerr, and Afoa should surely be able to etc out 450-550 metres per game.

Last edited:

Yes I believe so, Mixmasterreece doesn't post much, but is very credible.

Pene and Kerr are probably about the same performance wise, but Kerr has size which we desperately need and more upside. It’s a useful pickup if true.

Obviously some edges forwards are going to have to be middle forwards with the squad we have, but that’s reasonably common place. We’ve had success stories with that in the past like Lillyman and Matulino

Expanding on this, I think Kerrs a player who was an impact edge forward who needed development, then got shifted to the middle when the rules changed and got a bit lost, and now is somewhere in between but is probably going to be a middle. Bit of a speccy, high risk hi return. Poor man’s Katoa

Kerr was a prop, who Griffen tried to make into a second rower last season. That didn't work, wasn't mobile enough. Article below mentions he last had played there 6 year prior.

Kerr was a prop, who Griffen tried to make into a second rower last season. That didn't work, wasn't mobile enough. Article below mentions he last had played there 6 year prior.

Played on the edge against us in 2020, re

Pretty sure he came through as a centre!, then Melbourne switched him to prop, then dragons have tried him on the edge and at a prop. Even when he plays prop he loves running wide in good ball

Status
Not open for further replies.