Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statisticians differentiate between static indicators and flow indicators
Someone being a long time follower of the warriors is a static indicator
Josh Kerr just becoming one at the contract time of season is a flow variable as the variable is changing state and hence more proximal and relevant from a temporal perspective.

I was actually wondering a few things after some posted he just started following us.
1. How the f**k do you find that out lol. Surely no one here is simply monitoring who likes/unlikes the Warriors page?
2. Has that been something that has proven accurate - i.e does a player liking another clubs page when unsigned usually mean he's signed? Or is there no real connection there

I was actually wondering a few things after some posted he just started following us.
1. How the f**k do you find that out lol. Surely no one here is simply monitoring who likes/unlikes the Warriors page?
2. Has that been something that has proven accurate - i.e does a player liking another clubs page when unsigned usually mean he's signed? Or is there no real connection there
You may be a long time member and if so I apologise but I only met you this season. In past seasons on this site during recruitment time of year who someone is following has proved very reliable for us as fans
But most times In the past the target didn’t just follow the warriors page they also started following two of three warrior players as well. So it would be good to do another check in on Josh Kerr later tonight to see if he suddenly started to follow Shaun as well

• Love
Reactions: Toookey
Mmm maybe. He is still on the raiders books till November
Raiders would have completed reviews and be on leave by now, so in substance Cappy would be a free agent
1. Yes, NZWarriorsFaithful does

2. There is a connection, albeit not a perfect one

Josh Kerr has just started following the Warriors on instagram.

Josh Kerr - He got fucked by Griffen trying to make him into a second rower last year. Looked way out of place. That man makes some stupid team selections.

He's a big dude with a bit of skill. Wouldn't break the bank, as a straight swap out for Pene with a little extra cash we'd be winning. Another guy who won't change our fortunes, but fits the squad currently how it is.

The same questions came up in the Phoenix's off-season as a random Brazilian player Yan Sasse started following the Phoenix on Instagram.

Someone on there said that the most recent likes are at the top of the list? Not sure as I don't have IG.

He was announced by the Phoenix a few weeks later

Josh Kerr - He got fucked by Griffen trying to make him into a second rower last year. Looked way out of place. That man makes some stupid team selections.

He's a big dude with a bit of skill. Wouldn't break the bank, as a straight swap out for Pene with a little extra cash we'd be winning. Another guy who won't change our fortunes, but fits the squad currently how it is.
Another strong tackler at 95% like Fords 94%. Hopefully coming into his better years at 26. Good depth while these young guys develop over the next couple of years.

I guess the team needs someone like Josh Kerr at the moment. At other times, maybe the team wouldn't need him.

I guess the team needs someone like Josh Kerr at the moment. At other times, maybe the team wouldn't need him.

I know it's not set in stone but I quite like it.
We saw what Pene could do, unfortunately we're stacked with smaller forwards and he didn't really fit in.
If Kerr is signed for the same or less than what Pene was on, I'd tell him to rip in and that there's likely a starting prop spot up for grabs. Worst case scenario is he's another Pene, best case scenario is he's coming in to his best years, rips in and we have a great buy for the nek few years.

I know it's not set in stone but I quite like it.
We saw what Pene could do, unfortunately we're stacked with smaller forwards and he didn't really fit in.
If Kerr is signed for the same or less than what Pene was on, I'd tell him to rip in and that there's likely a starting prop spot up for grabs. Worst case scenario is he's another Pene, best case scenario is he's coming in to his best years, rips in and we have a great buy for the nek few years.
[IMG alt="BIG RIG"]https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/data/avatars/m/49/49984.jpg?1541908032[/IMG]

BIG RIG

Juniors​

Messages712
Josh Kerr is reportedly set to be released from the final year of his deal and join the New Zealand Warriors

This is on the dragons forum but take it with a grain of salt after the Papali’i one was a flop.

830AE8F7-C213-4D06-A5BC-8FDD2489863C.jpeg

Off the dragons forum

You may be a long time member and if so I apologise but I only met you this season. In past seasons on this site during recruitment time of year who someone is following has proved very reliable for us as fans
But most times In the past the target didn’t just follow the warriors page they also started following two of three warrior players as well. So it would be good to do another check in on Josh Kerr later tonight to see if he suddenly started to follow Shaun as well
Josh Kerr" Hello Police there is some cricket weirdo trolling through my social media and he's sitting outside my house with two eye holes cut into the Daily Telegraph watching my every move"...

There is precedent about this, so I'd take it as a pretty good stab in the dark he's signing with us.

Expanding on this, I think Kerrs a player who was an impact edge forward who needed development, then got shifted to the middle when the rules changed and got a bit lost, and now is somewhere in between but is probably going to be a middle. Bit of a speccy, high risk hi return. Poor man’s Katoa

Seems fairly low risk though? If he doesn't perform exceptionally well hell be a back up

Status
Not open for further replies.