Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the best club by miles, in juniors also, or play for a club with no to little development system for the past 3 seasons who have been woeful in the NRL for some time?

Easiest decision anyone in Rugby league could make. I think you would find most RL juniors would jump at the chance, and would be silly not too.

In regards to the living in Australia being a big pull for families, absolutely. I don't live in Auckland, but looking at a lot of the league players coming from there, they seems to be South Aucklanders, Polynesian, with large families. Australia offers better pay and work conditions. There are also heaps of comments from players about getting away from there old friend groups etc.. Seems to be a common occurrence for these families to take the option of a life restart in Australia.
Nah its still a random choice. To put this into perspective, Isaiya Katoa (probably the best halves prospect in the game under 18 years of age) has opted to leave the Panthers system to join the Dolphins because he knows he'll be stuck behind Cleary and Luai at least in the early part of his career.

I don't blame him wanting nothing to do with this club, but I cant say that Panthers is a smart choice for him.

Nah its still a random choice. To put this into perspective, Isaiya Katoa (probably the best halves prospect in the game under 18 years of age) has opted to leave the Panthers system to join the Dolphins because he knows he'll be stuck behind Cleary and Luai at least in the early part of his career.

I don't blame him wanting nothing to do with this club, but I cant say that Panthers is a smart choice for him.

Get developed right for a couple of years and clubs will be tripping over themselves to snatch up the next young half that can't be kept because of Cleary and Luai.

He clearly isn't going there for first grade opportunities so if it's purely with development in mind then it's a smart choice imo.

The guy is no where near NRL level yet. He's going to learn, not play NRL straight away. And who knows, in 2-3 seasons time the Panthers may not be able to keep both Cleary and Luai. In fact I doubt they will. Luai will be looking for $800-$1M probably as the incumbent NSW half, and I'm sure a club would take him for that (I wouldn't TBH).

The guy is no where near NRL level yet. He's going to learn, not play NRL straight away. And who knows, in 2-3 seasons time the Panthers may not be able to keep both Cleary and Luai. In fact I doubt they will. Luai will be looking for $800-$1M probably as the incumbent NSW half, and I'm sure a club would take him for that (I wouldn't TBH).
How is he nowhere near NRL level yet? He's probably the top first XV player in the country and there have been 18 year olds debuting in the NRL left, right and centre in the last couple of years.

Reactions: Toookey

they won’t be able to keep Luai forever, Manuleleua will be their next 6. Watch the space 😂

Given his size there are certain comparisons between Manuleleua and Matt Burton. I can see him initially cracking first grade as a centre.

It’s a good choice for him initially, Ivan’s got proven record of bringing through young talent and an understanding of the weaknesses that New Zealand youngsters will have in their games.

It’s a shame for us, but given we haven’t produced a top junior since Cleary was coach, very understandable.

end of the day every person under the sun can say ice misses home if he really did he would of been back here by now

end of story he aint coming
He is not homesick. He's pussy sick. His silver fern missus just happens to live in NZ. And Ice is young. Young fullas will do anything for teke.

The only reason he is not home yet, Is he has Worldcup Duties , And he just played a gand final. You realise that ay??

End of deez. To be continued....

I have to say though - I am INCREDIBLY amazed at how the whole Papalli thing eventuated...

After weeks and weeks of Paps putting it off and not confirming what he'll be doing next year, seemingly nothing eventuates and the day after the GF he informs everyone he's going to commit?

Why was he unable to say the exact same thing 2 or 3 weeks earlier? Sooo fricken lame.
Talk about build ups!

When Pene was announced I was watching him at the Storm and yes everyone looks better in their environment. But he did look like he could offer something with his leg speed. When he was in our colours I barely noticed he was on unless I was trying to figure out who was covering Addin Fonua-Blake and why our go forward had turned to crap.

I know a lot on here was down on him but like we have seen with Curran guys can turn it around. Too late now as he's gone.

A new coach coming in it is a case of do you think you can get more out of a player than before you arrived or cut your losses and free up space on the roster to get guys you like or strengthen other areas. He's gone now time for a new toy.

We have been arguably the most active club in the market this season and most of them should feature in first grade. The team should look quite different next season.

The development of juniors is dead set back to square 1. It’s going to be a minimum of 3 years probably 5 to start seeing some benefits and 10 if leadership is top draw to be consistent. Frustrating as but the sad reality of not being based at home.
On the up side we look to have some good people in and around player development 😅🤞🏾

Status
Not open for further replies.