Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[IMG alt="Skankhunt47"]https://sharksforever.com/data/avatars/m/4/4474.jpg?1661916706[/IMG]

Skankhunt47

Jaws​

Tigers putting together a 1.1 million dollar offer to try sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck for next year. Will be a 4 year deal.

Off the sharks forum, gonna be tempting for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.
Or....

We sign Roger for 600k. Hoodwink the Tigers and say well give them Roger for 1.1mil if they let Papa come home to us.
We use the rest of that 1.1mil to pay for Papa, essentially getting him for free.

Yes. I have been drinking lol

[IMG alt="Skankhunt47"]https://sharksforever.com/data/avatars/m/4/4474.jpg?1661916706[/IMG]

Skankhunt47

Jaws​

Tigers putting together a 1.1 million dollar offer to try sign Roger Tuivasa-Sheck for next year. Will be a 4 year deal.

Off the sharks forum, gonna be tempting for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Well apparently they are going to offer Munster, Moses now Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at $1 million+.. They are the medias new Warriors.

I think people are over thinking Jackson Ford, he's top reserve grade player who has NRL experience with age on his side. It doesn't mean Papalii is/isn't coming or Walker is playing centre... He's depth with upside. Reading some of the Dragons chat rooms, he's a second rower with a bit of skill. But has filled in at lock, but doesn't offer enough there.

multiple points to this post

1) Jackson ford sounds like our new jack Murchie who will play about 12 to 15 games when other dudes are suspended or injured. Great signing.
Our forwards injury depth is now
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Jazz
Ford
Pene
Sironen
All those guys will get games and without ford we were very reliant on sironen

2) glad Ice is not coming
He would stop training hard in our culture and revert to mediocre yet get paid $700k or so

3) that is 29 on contract and that is likely us done and dusted as they always keep one spot open in case a Reece Walsh or Matt lodge comes along. There will be no prop
Our props will be thin and be
Addin Fonua-Blake
Harris
Bunty
Ale
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Pene
That’s 6 props and should cover most needs as props are durable and more injury free for some reason ( my opinion only )

And if injuries rack up then the kepus as green as they are will have to play as a bench prop

Tigers sound even more desperate than us, I feel sorry for them. With their luck we'll sign Roger for 600K, Ice for 600K and they'll essentially end up with nothing again. Apparently they're the only club we can outsmart.
They have the Dally M hooker of the year as well as Ice heading there next season - that’s a fairly significant step up on anyone we’ve signed.

It will be interesting seeing Papalii in another environment again that is similar to ours.

2023 will tell which version of Papalii the Tigers have bought. I can’t help but think he has made some pretty poor comments in the media regarding his lack of commitment to his new employer

Reactions: Motota
Nah I don’t think there is. I thought that article made it fairly clear he was staying in Australia.
You may be right with the tigers having legal expertise at their disposal but even the tigers forum are saying this is from an old interview. The same question applies from when the story of the Warriors being a destination for Papali’i and has since been quiet on, does he continue to have a long distance relationship? Or does his partner move over to Aussie? Watching her in her debut and her tears singing the national anthem, I don’t think the second option is a chance. Until it comes from his mouth, I wouldn’t discount it yet.

Why would Leniu leave the Panthers & head to NZ? Only reason would be money & that would then be a big gamble for us paying up for a bloke who averages 23 minutes of game time as an impact player for the strongest pack in the comp. He’s only 22 however does our track record of developing players fill anyone with confidence that Leniu wouldn’t just go down the same path as nearly every young player that the Warriors has attempted to develop over the last decade? Leniu is great in the Panthers system however I’d be willing to bet he would fail at the Warriors.
He would have won 2 premierships and may want a challenge. Seriously did you think through your comment. Home sweet home after COVID, knows Webster. Brown is gone, let’s start supporting OUR FUCKING team lads.

I'd be careful chasing anyone from Penrith, especially an outside back. Cleary the coach & Cleary the half make them look better than they are. At the warriors, they probably wouldn't look half as good!
Cleary the coach??? Don’t agree his son has carried him along with their Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.