Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, personally I wouldn't take Roger back, unless he played on the wing.

I think we have better fullback options than him.

At the time of his signing, he was what the club needed with regards to off the field requirements, but looking at his game overall, he's limited for a fullback.
He cover's all the basics well. Running & Defensively, decent enough passing game. Pretty much a safe option.
Good organiser from the back.

Whom is the better options? TMM? Who's known for his attacking game. Not his defensive prowess. 1 string to his bow. CNK? A poor mans Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

All our other options are young rookies. What have they done for you to make us think they're better optons? Just curious.

We find it hard enough to attract above average talent to the club. Top tier talent like Roger doesn't come around often. He love's the club. His family is settled in Auckland.
We'd be dumb not to consider his services if he becomes available.

=Come on mate, half those calls could have been made by anyone with an educated guess. I think the issue is geepee comes across as a know it all when there's others posters with more insight that conduct themselves humbly. I find it amazing at the fact all these grown adults are looking upto a forum poster that doesn't know how to conduct a proper English sentence.
I would say teddy wil go back to wests then that solves that prob as they get Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 4 less

Last edited:
He cover's all the basics well. Running & Defensively, decent enough passing game. Pretty much a safe option.
Good organiser from the back.

Whom is the better options? TMM? Who's known for his attacking game. Not his defensive prowess. 1 string to his bow. CNK? A poor mans Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

All our other options are young rookies. What have they done for you to make us think they're better optons? Just curious.

We find it hard enough to attract above average talent to the club. Top tier talent like Roger doesn't come around often. He love's the club. His family is settled in Auckland.
We'd be dumb not to consider his services if he becomes available.
its more the fact he was only come back here if he wanted out of his rugby contract, not after , only during the contract

May be nothing but I see Ben Murdoch Masila was training with a lot of the 2023 Phins boys today.
From memory someone on here stated he bought some property out there last year (edit) or earlier this year. And from a quick Google his wife plays for the broncos women's team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death
Just on Ben Murdoch-Masila☝️from a few weeks ago

He posted on Instagram buying a house in Redcliffe 3+ months ago. Been touched on numerous times on this page.

Woolf is also there next season, along with POS who signed him.

Not many would be worried if he did go, I can't see where he fits next season unless he goes to prop. But I don't think he has the motor for 2 full on 20 minutes burst in the middle.

He posted on Instagram buying a house in Redcliffe 3+ months ago. Been touched on numerous times on this page.

Woolf is also there next season, along with POS who signed him.

Not many would be worried if he did go, I can't see where he fits next season unless he goes to prop. But I don't think he has the motor for 2 full on 20 minutes burst in the middle.
Now I'm really starting to suspect geepee is Fonzie's backup account 😅

With Tapine staying in Canberra, more than ever do I want us to target Leniu as the guy to partner Addin Fonua-Blake.

He isn’t proven as a starting/big minute prop but he's got some fire in him that we could really use and he wouldn’t break the bank like a Tapine or NAS, even with the extra money we would have to offer him compared to other teams.
Why would Leniu leave the Panthers & head to NZ? Only reason would be money & that would then be a big gamble for us paying up for a bloke who averages 23 minutes of game time as an impact player for the strongest pack in the comp. He’s only 22 however does our track record of developing players fill anyone with confidence that Leniu wouldn’t just go down the same path as nearly every young player that the Warriors has attempted to develop over the last decade? Leniu is great in the Panthers system however I’d be willing to bet he would fail at the Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.