Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the Warriors play a completely different brand of rugby league moving forward I don't think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is the type of full back who will bring us results.

I think we'd still have to pay him a decent salary so would be looking at 6-700k at a guess.

I think I'd rather:
1. TMM/Metcalf
6. D Brown
7. Volkman
9. Egan

Over

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. TMM/Metcalf
7. Volkman
9. Egan

I'm assuming we're talking for 2024 of course

Roger's game isn't going to age well either.

No ball playing etc.

Athleticism and speed off the mark will diminish quickly after 30.

I'd obviously sign him for what he wants as this team isn't in a position to be turning down talent like that, but the length and size of the contract would be a worry

Also, Roosters would have no shot and wouldn't want him either. Roger wouldn't move his family and Roosters would prioritise Tedesco, Manu and Suaalii for the number 1 jersey over Roger.

Unless the Warriors play a completely different brand of rugby league moving forward I don't think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is the type of full back who will bring us results.

I think we'd still have to pay him a decent salary so would be looking at 6-700k at a guess.

I think I'd rather:
1. TMM/Metcalf
6. D Brown
7. Volkman
9. Egan

Over

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. TMM/Metcalf
7. Volkman
9. Egan

I'm assuming we're talking for 2024 of course
As others have said, with the body shape Roger Tuivasa-Sheck now has centre would be a good spot for him. Especially since he has that flick pass out the back of the hand in his arsenal that Hiku perfected and the best centres have. The money he was after would dictate.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jordie Barrett has expressed an interest in league. I’d be talking to him about changing codes after the World Cup. IMO he would be an awesome edge forward. He is big and fast with an offload and is a huge close contact defender.
He’d be one of my dream converts for Fullback, based off Saturdays showing at 12 it’d be a tough sell for him to move on.

Does that mean we can call him up to the NRL as the Warriors see fit? Or has to wait until round 10 or something? I mean should injuries happen or something
Put him in the top 30.
Then we can play him when we like
As others have said, with the body shape Roger Tuivasa-Sheck now has centre would be a good spot for him. Especially since he has that flick pass out the back of the hand in his arsenal that Hiku perfected and the best centres have. The money he was after would dictate.
He isnt a million dollar signing anymore im sorry.
A good solid signing, but not a game breaker.

For his sake I hope so because tbh I think he’d struggle with the physicality of first grade as is.
He’s a good player no doubt but he’d be competing with the likes of teddy and turbo- even look at the bottom 4 teams, ponga, Walsh, Campbell and Laurie- that’s the minimum standard.
Theres competition here too- cnk, metcalf, tmm, Dallin Watene-Zelezniakberry and vailea have been mentioned as options…. Montoyas played fullback…
He’s no walk up start- he’s just going to have to keep his head down and wait for an opportunity.
From what I’ve seen Taine isn’t good enough for a top 30 spot right now.

And the 4 development spots are a better sell for attracting younger players.

He’s on a train and trial but I’m not sure where he fits with this team. He would have to put in one of the most impressive off seasons to get a full time contract.

He was good this year in QLD cup but he won that award largely from not being called in and out of first grade squads during the season. There were much better players on display and we saw that during the finals when NRL squads released their top 30 players down that had only played reserve grade sporadically. Bears went from easily the best team during the season to out by the semi finals.

On a positive note Josh Curran posted "not too late to backflip". So looks like he'll still be here next year.

The only rumour of Curran going was produced from this site with posters being scared of losing him because he's pretty good, or he'll be traded for Papa (massively unlikely). All just speculation.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to the Roosters.. Just imagine. If he wants to move back to Sydney, I can't see him going to any other team TBH. Just the numbers don't add up, even if Sualii goes he's only on 50% of what Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would need.

I wonder if Hayze Perham would come back on a NSW cup deal. Don't think he's played enough NRL to take a ESL spot? Would be a handy guy to have back.

From what I’ve seen Taine isn’t good enough for a top 30 spot right now.

And the 4 development spots are a better sell for attracting younger players.

He’s on a train and trial but I’m not sure where he fits with this team. He would have to put in one of the most impressive off seasons to get a full time contract.

He was good this year in QLD cup but he won that award largely from not being called in and out of first grade squads during the season. There were much better players on display and we saw that during the finals when NRL squads released their top 30 players down that had only played reserve grade sporadically. Bears went from easily the best team during the season to out by the semi finals.
Ye I agree I don’t think he’s NRL level, in the end most of us wanted Walsh out the door because of his defence and size. Imagine Walsh in cup he’d be 2x the player Taine is and he’s 4 years younger

Reactions: Defence
I wonder if Hayze Perham would come back on a NSW cup deal. Don't think he's played enough NRL to take a ESL spot? Would be a handy guy to have back.
To be honest I think Perham is done. He’s had several chances but is just not up to first grade standard. He doesn’t have the skills for a half, the strength/size of a winger who is good for yardage, neither is he really fast. He is a good all rounder but not great at anything. I think getting him back would be a waste of a spot. I rate Francis Ledger higher than Perham.

Actually, personally I wouldn't take Roger back, unless he played on the wing.

I think we have better fullback options than him.

At the time of his signing, he was what the club needed with regards to off the field requirements, but looking at his game overall, he's limited for a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.