Harris
Barnett
Curran
Tevaga

Lussick
Ale
Big-Grinder type prop
Niukore

Still not sure about Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad at Fullback, but hoping Martin and Johnson can make up the creativity. But I think that has the best balance Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is good on defence, yardage, dangerous ball runner and can ball play at a pinch.

Walker and Vailea are centres who can create from nothing, something we’ve lacked for a long time, with Berry, Arthers next in line.

Alofiana Khan pereira- young Maori kid stuck in Titans Reggies 24 tries in cup this year.

We’re short props, ideally we’d want Afoa as a backup prop not starting 17. And all our young boys Kepu’s and the likes are aways off. Ale gets 1 Bench spot for mine(brings Speed, Footwork, offload), so other prop spot we’d want a grafter big body who averages over 100m a game, I’d be looking at: Emre Pere, Naufahu Whyte, Lindsay smith, Emre Guler, Liam Knight, Eddie Blacker, Morgan Boyle.

Sorry long post just looking for the light lol.
Haven't seen much of Emre Guler yet but what I have seen is impressive.
Anyone else with a better understanding of him??

Reactions: ramps
Cces

Cces

Player Contracts​

PLAYER CONTRACTS​

Team20222023202420252026
New Zealand Warriors$800K$800K$800K

This is Dallin Watene-Zelezniak contract status. Love the speed but this is a crazy contract and he needs to be shopped over in super league, $800k a season for a winger is unbelievable.
Zero Tackle also stated we were paying Ash Taylor 800k earlier this year...
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak's 2023 & 2024 years were negotiated when he was an out of favour Winger at the Dogs so I'd imagine it's more like 500k at the very most

TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

Player Contracts​

PLAYER CONTRACTS​

Team20222023202420252026
New Zealand Warriors$800K$800K$800K

This is Dallin Watene-Zelezniak contract status. Love the speed but this is a crazy contract and he needs to be shopped over in super league, $800k a season for a winger is unbelievable.

A lot of that is being paid for by the ‘Dogs though so probably closer to 450k or less, which is still overpaid but it’s not a contract I would desperately be trying to get out of.

His shooting up out of the line drives me nuts considering it’s only paid off with the intercept last week and maybe a couple big hits throughout the year but I like his hit ups to get us out of trouble and his speed and finishing has been great when he has gotten good enough ball to show it off.

Noitall

Noitall

Zero Tackle also stated we were paying Ash Taylor 800k earlier this year...
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak's 2023 & 2024 years were negotiated when he was an out of favour Winger at the Dogs so I'd imagine it's more like 500k at the very most

Is this correct though that Dallin Watene-Zelezniak salary drops, because I’m seeing countless articles questioning what we’re paying him.

Damo

Damo

Contributor

Is this correct though that Dallin Watene-Zelezniak salary drops, because I’m seeing countless articles questioning what we’re paying him.
I wouldn't take Zero Tackle for gospel, several of the salaries on that site are way off.

Noitall

Noitall

I wouldn't take Zero Tackle for gospel, several of the salaries on that site are way off.
Did you notice on Addin Fonua-Blake the column for 2024 was blank when everybody else’s deals were in their column for 2024. Could there still need to be negotiating for contract price in 2024 depending on form?

Blain

Blain

Did you notice on Addin Fonua-Blake the column for 2024 was blank when everybody else’s deals were in their column for 2024. Could there still need to be negotiating for contract price in 2024 depending on form?

Na. It's because Zerotackle is not reliable at all with contract values.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is on around $800k this season thanks to the Dogs, but that drops off next year when it's only the Warriors paying him (rumoured to be around half that).

Cces

Cces

Junior Ratuva & Pride Pettersen-Robati are highly likely to be shown the door at seasons end. Who else in recent memory has been in, or around, our top squad for 2 years & didn't actually feature in the NRL?
I'm thinking all the way back to the infamous Shaun Metcalf

Reactions: Defence
Noitall

Noitall

Sorry for the long read here, but it’s been on my mind. Love Tohu Harris but he’s not providing the go forward at prop for me and I have real concerns if he’s used there full time next year. I don’t think he will be judging by David longs article last week suggesting we’re looking for an enforcer type prop and Harris’ skills are better utilised in the second row or lock I think.
We have plenty of different configurations of players we have on board next year with the different positions they fill at a high level, and the salary cap goes up to $10.6mil next year so I’m expecting a starting prop and my concentration would be on sorting my pack first.
Next year I would be letting Murchie go, if the Papali’i rumour happens great and if Curran leaves I’d be gutted but not the end of the world. Would keep Frei at a small contract if he was willing to shift over.
My preferred pack next year would be
8.Addin Fonua-Blake
9.Egan
10.Recruited prop
11.Harris
12.Niukore
13.Barnett/Tevaga
Another possibility
8.Addin Fonua-Blake
9.Egan
10.Recruited prop
11.Barnett
12.Niukore
13.Harris
Couple of bench options too, mine would be
Barnett/Tevaga, Afoa, Walker, Ale(with a big pre season)
Another possibility
Barnett/Tevaga, Afoa, Walker, Metcalf

For the 2024 season I would turn my attention to the backs and with consistent games next year I expect some younger guys to start coming through as our depth in the second row, so let go of Sironen and Ben Murdoch-Masila who come off contract and the $700k from lodge is there in the cap. Biggest signing here would be Dylan Brown for me but this is dependent on Metcalf’s fit and if we did go after Brown we’ve got 3 five eighths and Volkman our only halfback though I think Brown could handle it if Volkman injured or Metcalf transitions as halfback/ five eighth depth or even makes fullback his own. Rumours around Taine Tuaupiki I think would be a train and trial contract if it happens. Centre is another position that might need recruiting but by then I think the Vailea/Berry combination should be ready. Arthars would be good to keep around in the meantime and I would sign Montoya and Kosi who are off contract then and re sign Pompey as depth.

Toookey

Toookey

Love Tohu Harris but he’s not providing the go forward at prop for me and I have real concerns if he’s used there full time next year. I don’t think he will be judging by David longs article last week suggesting we’re looking for an enforcer type prop and Harris’ skills are better utilised in the second row or lock I think.

I agree that Tohus skills are better suited to lock and arguably he's been playing there since he's been 'playing' prop this year, but he's averaging 150m a game there technically.
Tohu Harris will he slowing down the next few years and will hopefully be taking a smaller pay packet in the $500k range.

I really don't think we'll be able to buy someone for $500k that will do more than he does. And the kicker for me is if Tohu Harris stays in the backrow, we lose the ability to have Niukore, Barnett and Curran starting there next year, which means we waste one of them from the bench (like we are with Curran this year).

If there were good options available I'd be open to it, but there's no one on the market for next year that will give us a a better starting quartet than Curran, Niukore, Tohu Harris, and Barnett

Reactions: tr73
Toookey

Toookey

Since the 6-Again rule was introduced, Niukore has played 60+ minutes, as a starting forward, just 4 times & in at least one of those he shifted to Centre due to injury. Could he & Ben Murdoch-Masila provide a 1-2 punch on one edge together because he's unlikely to go 80 by himself?
$625k is a lot of money to pay someone who's playing less than 60min a match...

8. Addin Fonua-Blake - 60 min
9. Egan - 70 to 80 min
10. Tohu Harris - 55 min
11. Niukore - 55 min
12. Curran - 80 min
13. Barnett - 60 min

14. Walker - 30 min (10 from Egan)
15. Bunty - 25 min
16. Ale - 20/25 min
17. Ben Murdoch-Masila/Jazz - 20/25 min

Reactions: CHURCUZ and Cces
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Since the 6-Again rule was introduced, Niukore has played 60+ minutes, as a starting forward, just 4 times & in at least one of those he shifted to Centre due to injury. Could he & Ben Murdoch-Masila provide a 1-2 punch on one edge together because he's unlikely to go 80 by himself?
Didn’t he play full 80
For the Kiwis?

Status
Not open for further replies.