Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Webby takes over I'm sure he’ll be running the ruler over all but the most established players in their positions. Surely there are multiple positions without a lock by any one player this far out from round 1 next season keeping in mind next year's recruits haven't exactly cemented themselves at their own clubs consistently in a single position, or in first grade for that matter.

When Webby takes over I'm sure he’ll be running the ruler over all but the most established players in their positions. Surely there are multiple positions without a lock by any one player this far out from round 1 next season keeping in mind next year's recruits haven't exactly cemented themselves at their own clubs consistently in a single position, or in first grade for that matter.
I noticed when the club got confirmation that Shaun Johnson was keen to play on next year, Webster came out and said that there will be competition in the squad for positions and no player will be holding their spot if they aren’t performing. I think the club decided they’re keen for Tevaga to stay on and plenty of teams really like his game so it’s not a definite he’ll stay on and Bunty would have been coming up when Webster was here and he might think he can get more out of him. So far they’re the ones that seem like they are apart of plans next year.

I noticed when the club got confirmation that Shaun Johnson was keen to play on next year, Webster came out and said that there will be competition in the squad for positions and no player will be holding their spot if they aren’t performing. I think the club decided they’re keen for Tevaga to stay on and plenty of teams really like his game so it’s not a definite he’ll stay on and Bunty would have been coming up when Webster was here and he might think he can get more out of him. So far they’re the ones that seem like they are apart of plans next year.
I'm happy for them to stay, before covid came along jazz was an error ridden player with penalties. Bunty was told he can move on but decided to work his way back into this squad and to his credit has been the only constant selection week in week out!

To me that's huge because he's doing enough for his position as 4th prop and surely that's not going to cost the club going forward, you have to love the squad guys that quietly about thier business.

Jazz has cleaned his game up somewhat and has really leadership qualities.

yup but like other clubs most of its sponsorship money not ( fully cap)
Nah most of it is salary cap, storm only had $800k total of TPA's in 2019 and NRL has stamped them out further since then.

These days players basically have to get sponsorship money in their own capacity.

Third party agreements will basically be gone all together within the next few years. NRL will be firm on this in the next CBA.

Not overwhelmingly impressive, just interesting to see the Agar link. We desperately need a prop
or two next year.

Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds Rhinos)

It’s hard to believe that Mikolaj Oledzki is only 22 years old – the Polish born forward made his debut in 2017 and has since made over 50 Super League appearances for the Rhinos. Oledzki recently signed a long-term extension with the Rhinos – keeping him at the club until at least 2024 – and will be a big part of Richard Agar’s plans as he aims to take the club back to the summit of Super League.

Learning his trade alongside experienced and former NRL Grand Final winning front-rowers at the Rhinos, Oledzki will only get better. He possesses an unyielding spirit and has shown his workman like effort in both attack and defence – making more metres than any other Rhinos forward in 2020 and defending with a 95% tackle efficiency rate - proving to be a real asset for his Leeds side.

Not overwhelmingly impressive, just interesting to see the Agar link. We desperately need a prop
or two next year.

It’s hard to believe that Mikolaj Oledzki is only 22 years old – the Polish born forward made his debut in 2017 and has since made over 50 Super League appearances for the Rhinos. Oledzki recently signed a long-term extension with the Rhinos – keeping him at the club until at least 2024 – and will be a big part of Richard Agar’s plans as he aims to take the club back to the summit of Super League.

Learning his trade alongside experienced and former NRL Grand Final winning front-rowers at the Rhinos, Oledzki will only get better. He possesses an unyielding spirit and has shown his workman like effort in both attack and defence – making more metres than any other Rhinos forward in 2020 and defending with a 95% tackle efficiency rate - proving to be a real asset for his Leeds side.
Well its often been said our attack lacks a bit of polish.

or two next year.

Certainly a tough bugger watching his highlights, but watching Luke Thompson’s transition from super league as one of the premier props of the comp to nrl, it’d be a gamble.

From the Mole on twitter:

20220817_145738.jpg

Certainly a tough bugger watching his highlights, but watching Luke Thompson’s transition from super league as one of the premier props of the comp to nrl, it’d be a gamble.
Yeah, his impact at the line and footwork is not overly impressive, but he does have decent leg drive.

Does anyone know about the two prospects the mole is mentioning?

Sounds like the broncos won’t be able to keep Haas and Flegler, one of them or Tapine would round out the squad.

Flegler can f**k right off. This is his first year averaging over 100m a game and only sits at 115m currently, yet is being paid $650k?! A poor man's Lodge imo.

We could afford both Haas or Tapine for 2024 if we chose to, but a lot of money is tied up in that forward pack, I'm not sure we'd put another mill in there.

We'd be getting Shaun Johnson (550k) and Lodges money (500k) plus hopefully resign Tohu Harris on a little bit less (200k) so the 2024 kete looks good before we even start shedding players. I hope we start looking at some big signings at the end of the year

Flegler can f**k right off. This is his first year averaging over 100m a game and only sits at 115m currently, yet is being paid $650k?! A poor man's Lodge imo.

We could afford both Haas or Tapine for 2024 if we chose to, but a lot of money is tied up in that forward pack, I'm not sure we'd put another mill in there.

We'd be getting Shaun Johnson (550k) and Lodges money (500k) plus hopefully resign Tohu Harris on a little bit less (200k) so the 2024 kete looks good before we even start shedding players. I hope we start looking at some big signings at the end of the year
dont get your hopes up robbo wants club jnrs so we see few come through on peanuts

Reactions: Worried2Death
Status
Not open for further replies.