Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

He's absolutely mastered the flick pass. Scored a few tries off it in the last few weeks.

I still think him and Vailea are our future center pairing. Maybe not next year, but at some point.

CNK is a decent stop gap, but he doesn't have the ceiling that either Berry or Vailea have.

The way he stood up his man and flick passed to Pompey on the weekend was about as Gidley as Gidley gets.

Berry has always played fairly well for the Dolphins from what I've seen. Feel like he was partly a victim of sitting outside Shaun Johnson in his mid year slump that he had and the defensive structures at the time. Regardless, he still played awful so no surprise we haven't seen him in 1st grade again with Vailea playing decent.

He has a Burton type build, would love to see him learn the torpedo over the off/pre-season, would be a nice option.

If Roger Tuivasa-Sheck doesn't make the Rugby World Cup squad next year do we make a play for him in 2024?
I wonder if the money could be spent better. I wonder if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's best days are behind him. If it was a Latrell, Tedesco or Turbo I say yes but Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a little one dimensional. I know we don't get opportunities at those big players but I still question if the money could be spent better.

I wonder if the money could be spent better. I wonder if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's best days are behind him. If it was a Latrell, Tedesco or Turbo I say yes but Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a little one dimensional. I know we don't get opportunities at those big players but I still question if the money could be spent better.
We ain't gonna get Latrell or Teddy or Turbo.
Unfortunately but Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would be great for me

Reactions: Mr Frank White
Would depend on what he gets offered elsewhere, but I’d love to keep Asi on a 1 year development contract. Then top 30 in 2024 when Shaun Johnson goes. Mohawk could give him some brown paper bags in 2023 to keep him happy 🙃
With Meltcalf only on a two year contract I think we will be looking for more halves in 2024/2025
With Asi doing all that the club keeps asking of him, if something like the scenario you said in your post or keeping him on in the squad in some capacity you’d have to consider they might have somebody lined up for 2024.

With Asi doing all that the club keeps asking of him, if something like the scenario you said in your post or keeping him on in the squad in some capacity you’d have to consider they might have somebody lined up for 2024.
The article from the weekend said asi won’t be resigned. However if we upset the cows this week then they may change their mind to n my view

Asi if he plays will likely outplay Dearden this weekend

He’s not the hero we asked for but he’s the hero we need : Daejarn Asi

Not too sure if this is the right thread, but I was wondering what anyone's thoughts were on Ciraldo being signed for the dogs, and if that potentially could have been us if Gus was still aligned with us...

Reactions: marv
Not too sure if this is the right thread, but I was wondering what anyone's thoughts were on Ciraldo being signed for the dogs, and if that potentially could have been us if Gus was still aligned with us...
Possibly could’ve been us but I think Webster is a better fit for us tbh- been here done that and although ciraldo has been getting a lot of hype his cv doesn’t look a lot different to our mans.
I’m happy with Webster and the dogs should be happy with ciraldo too- he’s the one they wanted.
5 years is a big contract for a rookie though…

I'm curious to see what we do with Asi. Do we offer him a contract next year?
My thoughts are we are waiting for broncos to lock in re: Fanrsworth/Arthars.

Asi could provide untility value much like Chanel Harris-Tavita. He can play anywhere in the backs and potentially at a pinch hooker replacement for Egan and Lussick if either go down.

I know there are reports of Bullemor quitting but Im a huge fan of his and his skills are I think more suited to Prop. Hes no nonsense runs a hard line, tackles anything and is young. He could be a decent Webke type with a tad bit more in the way of an offload. He does have a contract for next year at Sea Eagles.

Asi could provide untility value much like Chanel Harris-Tavita. He can play anywhere in the backs and potentially at a pinch hooker replacement for Egan and Lussick if either go down.

I know there are reports of Bullemor quitting but Im a huge fan of his and his skills are I think more suited to Prop. Hes no nonsense runs a hard line, tackles anything and is young. He could be a decent Webke type with a tad bit more in the way of an offload. He does have a contract for next year at Sea Eagles.
I haven't heard of the rumours, what are they about? Agree that he is a quality footballer and would be great alongside ADF..

Reactions: shuffle and Defence

Agree on both points

Asi won’t break the bank, provides cover in a few positions and could be a handy bench player, plus that bomb is a weapon

Bullemor I loved at the Broncs was aggressive runner and added a spark off the bench and I agree could be good in that prop rotation as he adds speed and a little foot work

Totally MIA since at Manly and read he wants to go into finance. Would need confirmation his heart is still in it to drag him over, or offer him a pathway in his academic field alongside his footy

Arthur’s yes but looking like maybe not so desperate now with the more positive development of our young centres

Really surprised to see on that rich list article that the storm had Jesse Bromwich on $1,050,000.
yup but like other clubs most of its sponsorship money not ( fully cap)

asi wont be staying jesse a chance but has offers

tmm here 4 five 8

tmm here 4 fullback

and walker 14

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.