Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

got no time 4 your bs
Just ignore it champ. I find your posts really insightful. It sometimes feels like they are delivered in the cryptic tone of Mr Miyagi "We may or may not have a forward or back coming, that is the question", which can be frustrating at times to us who are wanting the latest scoop lol. But the number of times I've found you and your source to be correct I do take notice of your posts. Keep it up.

Man, you hate sentences aye.

Not sure what you're points are in this tbh, but Sifakula was signed straight out of school to a two year deal last year with the second year a guaranteed promotion to the four man development list.

That's what you have to do to get in demand prospects, sometimes you have to guarantee them something to entice them to sign. They want security. Whenever you sign someone to a contract its a risk. If we didn't do it, somebody else would. I have probably the highest hopes for him out of all our juniors right now, even with the long injury layoff, just the ideal modern day forward/lock imo.

That's not true about the junior game played at mt smart, the decent ones are signed by us. Leiataua, Tito-Harris, Piliu, Sio Kali, Vaafusuaga, Laban, Cowley-Lupo. The rest of them were basically trialing for the SG ball team next year, so majority of those guys were unsigned at the time (or had very loose/flexible contracts with us), but may have signed elsewhere since.

Also Garrett and Corrrigan were never signed to top 30.
Is this Thecool?

One player that missed out on playing at Mt Smart who is one to watch for the future is Ben Peni. Skilful front rower which we don’t seem to be short of.
Sifakula looked solid from a couple of clips I saw in the weekend.
I think Zyon is currently injured. Either way unlike all the others over in Redcliffe he didn’t do a preseason. Will be interesting to see how he goes next year

Reactions: Five&Last
Is this Thecool?

One player that missed out on playing at Mt Smart who is one to watch for the future is Ben Peni. Skilful front rower which we don’t seem to be short of.
Sifakula looked solid from a couple of clips I saw in the weekend.
I think Zyon is currently injured. Either way unlike all the others over in Redcliffe he didn’t do a preseason. Will be interesting to see how he goes next year
Correct sir, changed the alias up. Yeah Peni looks like a handful. Zyon was starting to make that no. 11 jersey his own in U21’s, was hoping he could be squeezed into at least one QLD cup game so we could see a full game of his.

Anyone else not on the Kosi train? I am not seeing anything to froth over like everyone else and I feel like Montoya is better on the wing at centre. Especially looking at next year I think CNK/Walker should at least be on centre spot if not both.
I think we need to try and get that balance right so that were giving some of the younger potential stars some time.

At this stage I would have Vailea starting next year. Kosi is still a work in progress and I would have Montoya there ahead of him, but he's looked good these last few games and it shows what can happen when you give these players a bit more of an extended run. I would be aiming at giving him 8-10 games next year, despite not being in the top team.
For me:
1. TMM
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Vailea
4. CNK
5. Montoya
6. Metcalf
7. Shaun Johnson

A lot of experience in there that helps cover the inexperience of Vailea and Metcalf. Hopefully we can find a way of giving RV and Kosi a bit of experience too so that moving into 2024 and beyond theyre not green af

Rocco Berry is starting to consistently put up impressive numbers for the Dolphins. All may not be lost there

Yeah he's finally getting consistent game time, and has been killing it. Vailea really impressed me last week too, really aggressive and breaking tackles. Both were undercooked this season, but with another off season under the belt.. I have hope one of these guys will come good, with CNK the other centre.

Rocco Berry is starting to consistently put up impressive numbers for the Dolphins. All may not be lost there
He's absolutely mastered the flick pass. Scored a few tries off it in the last few weeks.

I still think him and Vailea are our future center pairing. Maybe not next year, but at some point.

CNK is a decent stop gap, but he doesn't have the ceiling that either Berry or Vailea have.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.