Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Yeah he's been pretty awesome the last 3 seasons or so, but has gone nek level the last 10 weeks or so.
The commentators always mention it, but he looks like he's so hard to put on the deck, makes his play the ball speed great.

Will be turning 29 next year in May - I wonder how much longer hell continue to play like an elite level player...
I don't think we have the money to snag him for next year, so I'd be worried about us signing a kiwi player in career best form for 2024 when he's on the wrong side of 30.
When I put it like that it just reeks of a Warriors recruitment decision!
28 and on is where a lot of props hit their peak. Being a proud Maori man I couldn’t see him coming here and dropping form. After his missus public spat with Stuart last year there could be differences still. Would try get him for next year or Haas, but ideally Tapine and Dylan Brown and that’s the team set for me.

Reactions: 3 users
28 and on is where a lot of props hit their peak. Being a proud Maori man I couldn’t see him coming here and dropping form. After his missus public spat with Stuart last year there could be differences still. Would try get him for next year or Haas, but ideally Tapine and Dylan Brown and that’s the team set for me.

You'd think between SJs 500k, Lodges 500k and potentially resigning Tohu Harris on less, we should have enough in the kete for some pretty big upgrades...

Metcalf to FB, Dylan Brown and Ron Volkman at half and Tapine, Addin Fonua-Blake, Niukore, Harris, Barnett and Curran in the forwards you reckon?

That's a good looking team there

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Unbelievable anybody questioning the signing of Joe Tapine. Would be the 1st player I would sign if I had the chance as the Warriors CEO. Don’t forget what ages we signed Price and Wiki. He is cut front the same cloth… no brainer

Reactions: 16 users
Yeah he's been pretty awesome the last 3 seasons or so, but has gone nek level the last 10 weeks or so.
The commentators always mention it, but he looks like he's so hard to put on the deck, makes his play the ball speed great.

Will be turning 29 next year in May - I wonder how much longer hell continue to play like an elite level player...
I don't think we have the money to snag him for next year, so I'd be worried about us signing a kiwi player in career best form for 2024 when he's on the wrong side of 30.
When I put it like that it just reeks of a Warriors recruitment decision!
I would be happy with his signature along with CNK, but only if they can get an early release.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Because the 2022 top 8 has been out of reach for the Warriors for most of the season. I would like them to play Asi, Volkman etc for the rest of the season. Forget Shaun Johnson. He has been terrible and honestly looks uninterested in playing. I just wish this season would end and the 2023 season start now. I am hating the wait for 2023 to start already.

Reactions: 2 users
Thoughts on Lussick resigning. I thinks its good in the few games I have seen hes ok. And he signed for a couple of years.

Reactions: 3 users
Thoughts on Lussick resigning. I thinks its good in the few games I have seen hes ok. And he signed for a couple of years.
When he played he was one of the only ones that looked like he gave a damn - the rest could not be bothered. Same with Asi. SO surprised they never continued with these 2. bring back Chanel Harris-Tavita to replace Asi was a big mistake that made no sense

When he played he was one of the only ones that looked like he gave a damn - the rest could not be bothered. Same with Asi. SO surprised they never continued with these 2. bring back Chanel Harris-Tavita to replace Asi was a big mistake that made no sense
Agree with this, hope he's on the bench for the weekend now that RW is out.

Surely this is SJs last chance - a lot of excuses have been made for him and if he can't come out and put the Tigers to the sword, Asi should come in next week.
In fact, just saw that Asi has more try assists in 4 games then Chanel Harris-Tavita has in 9 games in the halves, 1 at fb and 1 at interchange. Has a higher % for forced drop outs too. Defence you say? Chanel Harris-Tavita has more missed tackles per game than Asi, infact he's worse than Walsh in that category too....

Give the young fulla a go! Better to sign him for next year and get some consistency as opposed to getting another 4th half for next year...

Reactions: 2 users
Chanel Harris-Tavita just had an amazing game lol, he’d make a good utility if he reconsiders
I think he's probably the fullback the team needs at the moment rather than Reece. Mentioned in the gameday thread but if he stuck around, or if Shaun goes down injured this year, I'd love to see a spine of Chanel Harris-Tavita 1, Volkman 7, Walsh 6, Egan 9.

His work around the ruck was fantastic, was always backing the play up, in the right position defensively too. People give the kid a bad wrap for wanting to take a year off - but he almost looks like fullback would be a better position for him and would allow Reece to get his hands on the ball more in halves.

Very interested to see how we'd look with Volkman given control as he's quite rightly playing second fiddle as it stands with Shaun running the plays.

Reactions: 10 users
I think he's probably the fullback the team needs at the moment rather than Reece. Mentioned in the gameday thread but if he stuck around, or if Shaun goes down injured this year, I'd love to see a spine of Chanel Harris-Tavita 1, Volkman 7, Walsh 6, Egan 9.

His work around the ruck was fantastic, was always backing the play up, in the right position defensively too.
Completely agree. Walsh is far & away a more talented player but Chanel Harris-Tavita appears to be a better fit in the #1 role with our current roster with his better support game, greater communication & a stronger tackle + yardage carry.
Unless he has a uturn on 2023, Walsh slots straight back in for the next game however

Reactions: 6 users
Completely agree. Walsh is far & away a more talented player but Chanel Harris-Tavita appears to be a better fit in the #1 role with our current roster with his better support game, greater communication & a stronger tackle + yardage carry.
Unless he has a uturn on 2023, Walsh slots straight back in for the next game however
Absolutely - almost feels like we've used Chanel Harris-Tavita wrong the past few years 😅 next to that blinder he had against Manly at the tail end of 2020 I'd say that's the best game he's played for us.

Really hoping these last few games at home give him a change of heart - but if not, we can only wish him the best and hope he might come back after a break.

Reactions: 7 users
Absolutely - almost feels like we've used Chanel Harris-Tavita wrong the past few years 😅 next to that blinder he had against Manly at the tail end of 2020 I'd say that's the best game he's played for us.

Really hoping these last few games at home give him a change of heart - but if not, we can only wish him the best and hope he might come back after a break.
Maybe if we win a few and his confidence returns, he might have a rethink. Who knows.

Part of the issue will be his BFF Reece is the incumbent in the position that seems to suit Chanel Harris-Tavita the best.

Keeping on topic, have we or are we recruiting any other fullback prospects other than maybe Metcalfe who I think is a half.

Could always look at re-signing Chanel Harris-Tavita after his one year break for that FB spot if Reece leaves in 2024, we’ve got 2 good hookers (with a young back up), Metcalf, Volkman and Asi (if he signs on) all with one more year experience and a solid FB with Chanel Harris-Tavita, maybe they can sign some veteran who can cover FB/halves for 2024 to guide the boys

Reactions: 4 users
Could always look at re-signing Chanel Harris-Tavita after his one year break for that FB spot if Reece leaves in 2024, we’ve got 2 good hookers (with a young back up), Metcalf, Volkman and Asi (if he signs on) all with one more year experience and a solid FB with Chanel Harris-Tavita, maybe they can sign some veteran who can cover FB/halves for 2024 to guide the boys
Still not fully sold on Metcalf hey - I hope he's a shining light for us - but you just get that feeling that if he was as good as a lot here seem to think that he would've had more first grade runs than he currently has.

I think he'll be a handy back up, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Absolutely agree on bringing Chanel Harris-Tavita back into the fold if he wants to in '24.

How good is it to see a young half taking the line on and not shying away from taking a good shot though? I hope we continue to nuture Volkman and set him up well for next year.

playdaball

Heritage Member
It’s probably been mentioned numerous times but hopefully they can secure Jesse Arthars. He is easily the best centre at the Warriors but perhaps 3-4 at the Broncos .
Players yesterday , including Aussies like Aitken, seemed to be genuinely happy laying back at MSS.
This should be part of the sell in to encourage players and on other cases , helping them sign on .

It’s probably been mentioned numerous times but hopefully they can secure Jesse Arthars. He is easily the best centre at the Warriors but perhaps 3-4 at the Broncos .
With Isaako gone, Brenko Lee leaving & David Mead potentially retiring it means he's probably seen as a very valuable asset for the Broncos in 2023. Hopefully we do our best to negotiate with him/them come November the 1st

Reactions: 4 users
Players yesterday , including Aussies like Aitken, seemed to be genuinely happy laying back at MSS.
This should be part of the sell in to encourage players and on other cases , helping them sign on .
He looked so happy, you could tell it was a dream come true for him to play for the warriors at home. Pretty sure he’ll be doing his best to stay.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.