Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I see Steve Hansen may be cut from the dogs. Could the warriors do with his expertise?
Hansen's expertise is a bit of a myth I reckon.

I'm sure he knows what success looks like, he had enough of it, but he inherited a the core of a great All Black side, bolstered it with some youths and got them to go better again, then oversaw the start of the ABs decline, accelerating it by getting his nothing mate Foster appointed to follow him.

He was a failed coach of Wales, and only Robbie Deans assistant at the crusaders.

What's he going to add? Did he help the Bulldogs?

Reactions: 12 users
Up the guttz

Up the guttz

I’d keep Lodge, Montoya, Jazz.

On the fence with Pompey, Bunty and Kosi

Not that fazed about Ben Murdoch-Masila, Pene and Sironen
I’m pretty much the same but would keep Pompey. He was real good when we were based in NZ. I read an article talking about when he was at the Roosters and just fell off as he didn’t like living in oz and was in a much better mental state when back in NZ. I think we will see the best of him next year back home.

Reactions: 7 users
Up the guttz

Up the guttz

I'm sure he knows what success looks like, he had enough of it, but he inherited a the core of a great All Black side, bolstered it with some youths and got them to go better again, then oversaw the start of the ABs decline, accelerating it by getting his nothing mate Foster appointed to follow him.

He was a failed coach of Wales, and only Robbie Deans assistant at the crusaders.

Agreed, I’d rather has Razor so he can be break dancing when we win the premiership 🤣 but realistically would love Wayne smith in some capacity. His assistance makes head coaches look good

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

I reckon we should go straight after Wayne Smith once the Women's World Cup is over first. He fits everything. We should have tried for him a long time ago too.

Reactions: 8 users
Greenlite

Greenlite

Agreed, I’d rather has Razor so he can be break dancing when we win the premiership 🤣 but realistically would love Wayne smith in some capacity. His assistance makes head coaches look good

Flat back line? :p

But seriously he's really good, started the Crusaders dominance back in 98 and was there for the ABs WC wins + Chiefs back to back titles

Reactions: 3 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I see Chanel Harris-Tavita’s Managers Stan Martin and Dixon McIvor are in Qld this week. This coincides with timing around discussion of his future.
Will we see an announcement soon, either way?
I’d expect him to stay at the Warriors.

Reactions: 6 users

kos

I see Chanel Harris-Tavita’s Managers Stan Martin and Dixon McIvor are in Qld this week. This coincides with timing around discussion of his future.
Will we see an announcement soon, either way?
I’d expect him to stay at the Warriors.
Lets hope so.
I like the kid.
He has a great attitude and his skills will only improve with time.
If he leaves he ll be a loss like Hiku and Herbert.

Reactions: 1 user

BippidyDooDah

Another homegrown talent who'll blossom elsewhere. We'll regret letting him leave.

Reactions: 4 users
Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

Sad News! When will they ever learn 😪

WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN TO BE A WARRIOR!!!

Feel like the warriors did all the hard work with his development and now he's going to go smash it somewhere else.

Reactions: 6 users
ramps

ramps

So angus crichton is available. i know we got a bucket load of backrowers but if niukore or walker is signed as a centre then crichton would be a massive addition. leadership wise also

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Noitall

Noitall

sorry didnt read the article .... but has he just turned down the offer put on the table?.... sorry im a simpleton want a quick answer lol
Chanel Harris-Tavita has rejected the current offer of a contract extension from NZ Warriors, and will likely leave the club at the end of this season.

Harris-Tavita, 23, was challenged by the Warriors to earn the offer of a new contract at the start of the current NRL season, before a two-year deal was put forward at the end of 2021.

The half has not accepted any offer from another club, but Newshub understands Harris-Tavita will decide where his future lies in the coming months.

Reactions: 1 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

Well negotiated warriors
He obviously demanded overs
He will either lower his asking rate and come back to us or find another club willing to pay an amount probably close to $600k reading between the lines
If he ends up saying no then we have enough halves for next year anyway
I am intrigued to see what other club will go after him

I don’t think POS and dolphins will take him out of the gentleman’s agreement we have with POS

I think his latest injury came just at the wrong time
Had he strung 8 or 9 high performing games in a row together instead of 3-4 then he may have gotten his pay day

Reactions: 13 users
Toookey

Toookey

Chanel Harris-Tavita has rejected the current offer of a contract extension from NZ Warriors, and will likely leave the club at the end of this season.

Harris-Tavita, 23, was challenged by the Warriors to earn the offer of a new contract at the start of the current NRL season, before a two-year deal was put forward at the end of 2021.

The half has not accepted any offer from another club, but Newshub understands Harris-Tavita will decide where his future lies in the coming months.

It’s an interesting case.
We wanted to see what he had to offer this year - he’s been good, but it’s only been 5 or so games before he got injured again.
The deal likely reflects this and would be modest.

I’d be all for him declining this and saying let me show you how good I am by rd 16, but I’m not sure he’ll wait around.

I honestly don’t think the Warriors would be offering significantly less than other teams - who’s going to offer him a big contract based on what he’s produced? If he believes he’s being short changed and he can get a better deal somewhere else then all the best to him

Reactions: 8 users
This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.