Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

Bunty Afoa, Shaun Johnson, Edward Kosi, Matthew Lodge, Marcelo Montoya, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Aaron Pene, Adam Pompey, Bayley Sironen, Jazz Tevaga

These cu**s are off contract for 2024 and other clubs can approach them as of November 1.
This list is per zero tackle so there could be errors.
Who would extend before November 1 rolls around?
Jazz, Bunty, Lodge and Pompey for me. The rest can fight for a contract next season and I don't see B M Masila staying beyond next year.

Reactions: 1 user
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Roosters in salary cap trouble , so likely that Kevin Naigama could be released.
Although a veteran , he’s better than our current wingers … 1 year deal?

Reactions: 6 users
Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

Roosters in salary cap trouble , so likely that Kevin Naigama could be released.
Although a veteran , he’s better than our current wingers … 1 year deal?
Would cut ratuva from the 30 and try keep him at a development contract, and take K Naigama. How much do you think he would cost? He is 33 though 😬

Defence

Defence

Calm down. There are plenty that aren’t keen on Hetherington and as for a Paul Vaughan - why would we want to bring a bloke with his off field track record into the club? He’s the type of individual we need to avoid.
What has Vaughan actually done? he seems to have a bit of a reputation but im not sure why?
I know he had a bbq once...

Mr Brownstone

If we are serious about wanting to move forward as a club - one that can play consistently to a high enough standard that we are always challenging for the top 8 and regularly enough giving the top 4 and the premiership a nudge, then we have to draw a line in the sand as to the type of players that we target.

Look across our squad and tell me where our leadership is? Where is the playing smarts that knows how to adapt to play to the situation that gives us the best chance to win a game? Where are the players that aim up each week and don’t play dumb, that set the right standard off the field for the younger squad members to follow?

We clearly don’t have it. How could anyone who is watching these insipid performances each week come to the conclusion that signing rejects from the bottom club in the comp is a good move? Players that have already been moved on by better performing clubs. As a recent example of this, isn’t Dallin Watene-Zelezniak enough evidence for some of you guys?

Seriously some of you, wake up and smell the coffee. We need circuit breakers to turn the culture and performance of the club around. Repeating past mistakes with our recruitment strategy needs to be avoided at all costs.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Mr Brownstone

What has Vaughan actually done? he seems to have a bit of a reputation but im not sure why?
I know he had a bbq once...
Multiple Covid lockdown breaches and sexting. He’s clearly a selfish dumb arse.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

6Again

I have the same opinion as Brownstone on this, fuck no too Vaughn & Hetherington.

Keen for Klemmer but doubtful he’d come despite the Brownie connection.

Reactions: 11 users
Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

If we are serious about wanting to move forward as a club - one that can play consistently to a high enough standard that we are always challenging for the top 8 and regularly enough giving the top 4 and the premiership a nudge, then we have to draw a line in the sand as to the type of players that we target.

Look across our squad and tell me where our leadership is? Where is the playing smarts that knows how to adapt to play to the situation that gives us the best chance to win a game? Where are the players that aim up each week and don’t play dumb, that set the right standard off the field for the younger squad members to follow?

We clearly don’t have it. How could anyone who is watching these insipid performances each week come to the conclusion that signing rejects from the bottom club in the comp is a good move? Players that have already been moved on by better performing clubs. As a recent example of this, isn’t Dallin Watene-Zelezniak enough evidence for some of you guys?

Seriously some of you, wake up and smell the coffee. We need circuit breakers to turn the culture and performance of the club around. Repeating past mistakes with our recruitment strategy needs to be avoided at all costs.
Agree we need true leaders and Tohu Harris has that mana at the club but how long can he stay on the field? Shaun should be right up for this, Addin Fonua-Blake should be up for this, He leads up front first.

This is way out of left field but a guy like Victor Radley could come here to be a leader? Need a guy who's no nonsence and wants to lead a team from the front, Dale Finucane type.

But also we could have a captain in waiting Mitch Barnett.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brownstone

I have the same opinion as Brownstone on this, fuck no too Vaughn & Hetherington.

Keen for Klemmer but doubtful he’d come despite the Brownie connection.
Klemmer is playing brilliantly in a struggling team, only concern is injury risk however based on how he’s playing right now I’d love to sign the bloke.

Reactions: 4 users

Wheels

Didn't Dallin come from the Bulldogs, you can't get much worse than that! However, despite being injured for a few games he has not been very good at all! Big let down.

Defence

Defence

Multiple Covid lockdown breaches and sexting. He’s clearly a selfish dumb arse.
Dont know why but this made me laugh.
I reckon if thats your criteria u can put a line through the majority of nrl players (and half the forum probably too...🤫)

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Defence

Defence

Klemmer is playing brilliantly in a struggling team, only concern is injury risk however based on how he’s playing right now I’d love to sign the bloke.
I’m definitely down for klem.
I found that post I was talking about too.
00990986 F5C2 4827 871F DB653153F2B7

Reactions: 7 users

Mr Brownstone

Dont know why but this made me laugh.
I reckon if thats your criteria u can put a line through the majority of nrl players (and half the forum probably too...🤫)
Yeah I hear you, and based on what I’ve seen of the average NRL player I’m inclined to agree somewhat. However that’s just the reported incidents - to underline it, it appears that no NRL clubs want to go near the guy. We need to be ruthless.

Reactions: 3 users

kos

You are surely taking the piss? It can’t be possible that there are still Warriors fans out there that can’t see our biggest problems that continue to hold us back? Along with quality coaching, we need leadership & intelligence in our playing squad, not mad cu#ts and dumb arses.
League is not only sport old mate its also entertainment.
Mad Jack gets a tick from me on the entertainment front.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brownstone

Didn't Dallin come from the Bulldogs, you can't get much worse than that! However, despite being injured for a few games he has not been very good at all! Big let down.
But it shouldn’t have been a let down because his low ceiling has been evident for years. It’s really concerning that the Warriors couldn’t have seen that & avoided signing him.

Mr Brownstone

League is not only sport old mate its also entertainment.
Mad Jack gets a tick from me on the entertainment front.
Sure but I’d rather be entertained by us winning rather than watching Hetherington playing average, then losing the plot and getting binned with a suspension to follow.

Reactions: 1 users
defensivebomb

defensivebomb

Bunty Afoa, Shaun Johnson, Edward Kosi, Matthew Lodge, Marcelo Montoya, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Aaron Pene, Adam Pompey, Bayley Sironen, Jazz Tevaga

These cu**s are off contract for 2024 and other clubs can approach them as of November 1.
This list is per zero tackle so there could be errors.
Who would extend before November 1 rolls around?
I’d keep Lodge, Montoya, Jazz.

On the fence with Pompey, Bunty and Kosi

Not that fazed about Ben Murdoch-Masila, Pene and Sironen

Reactions: 6 users
Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

I see Steve Hansen may be cut from the dogs. Could the warriors do with his expertise?

Reactions: 11 users
This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.