Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

john nick

john nick

What are the young rugby league competitions in Auckland? And why when we sign rugby talent are they not playing those competitions?
From what I have seen the standard of the local comp. is very low.
Not going to help the transition.

Reactions: 2 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Jack Hetherington has been given permission by the Dogs to look elsewhere …

C’mon Warriors !

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

C’mon Warriors !
Gosh he was a fan favourite when he was here
He gave us no end of laughter.
Remember the game where Marty Tapau started playing like a man possessed and Manly were probably going to win. Next minute Hetherington clotheslined him and sent him off in a stretcher and we won.
There was also some fight mad jack was in where the other guy gave up pushing and shoving because he was scared of Jack and how intense he was during the fight.
I have never seen a player like Mad Jack before.
No I would not sign him. Not because of his penalties but just because he doesn't really offer much in terms of metres or hard yards or anything. His main value is amusement for the fans and comic relief.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

the borg

C’mon Warriors !
Mad Jack, god bless him, loved it when he played for us... if he wasn't a penalty or suspension magnet.. I'd have him back anyday.. plus he is surprisingly fast on his feet too..

Reactions: 5 users
Toookey

Toookey

It’s still a no from me. But surprisingly only averaged 1 penalty a game and over 100m for the Dogs in a mud pack last year, was playing back rower this year and was making a good amount of meters before getting injured in his 3rd game.

Honestly would probably prefer 30-40 minutes of simple Jack off the bench then what Pene and Bunty are consistently serving up….

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Waipiro

Honestly would probably prefer 30-40 minutes of simple Jack off the bench then what Pene and Bunty are consistently serving up….
Yeah have to agree they been poor ...... surprised PPR hasnt been given a shot, just to put a rocket up those other two.

Reactions: 1 users
Noitall

Noitall

I think Lodge and Hetherington are two players that worry the opposition because they think they’re crazy. He’s a bit more Aaron Pene’s shape than what we need I reckon. Wouldn’t be sad if we got him though.

Reactions: 4 users

Waipiro

I think Lodge and Hetherington are two players that worry the opposition because they think they’re crazy. He’s a bit more Aaron Pene’s shape than what we need I reckon. Wouldn’t be sad if we got him though.
I think we draw the ire of the refs/judiciary enough already....those two are timebombs...LOL

• Haha
Defence

Defence

Hell yeah mad jack was the mantis!
I’d take him back- at the right price….
That would be a lot of crazy for one team though- mad jack, lodge, Barnett, jazz- Addin Fonua-Blake has his moments… not a team I’d like to play against.
If lodge was to leave that would take the nutter rating down a peg though and u could probably both get both jack and Royce hunt for lodges asking price which could also open up the option of playing nuikore at center.
When u look around the off contract players there’s a lot more options in the fowards than the backs so while we probably brought niukore as a backrower- playing center may provide the team a better balance and give us more flexibility in the the market.

Reactions: 6 users
Defence

Defence

There was also some fight mad jack was in where the other guy gave up pushing and shoving because he was scared of Jack and how intense he was during the fight.
I have never seen a player like Mad Jack before.
1FE6A2A5 2520 4671 8DD1 EEC61E1E1BDF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Defence

Defence

Nrl 360 reckons that the knights, tigers and dolphins are keen on him. With the knights having Klemmer, Saifiti, Croker and Thompson as their props at present, hopefully Klemmer becomes available.
I’d definitely be keen on Klemmer.
I remember reading a post from the saifiti twins dad crediting Klemmer with their development- apparently he took them under his wing.
It would be good if he could do something similar with our young twins.

Reactions: 13 users

the borg

Mad Jack - if the club signed him up.. He'd soon become the new cult hero around Mt Smart when the team returns home... that's for sure...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Burncity warrior

King oath, bring back Jack!! And let's bring Vaughny with him.. interesting seeing Baz was gonna re-sign Vaughan before he got the arse, I'd take em both

Dunedin warrior

Hethrington is one of those players I enjoy watching from other teams with his antics. He’s been a liability for so long that he’s unlikely to improve on the disciplinary side. Warriors really don’t need another penalty magnet.

Reactions: 7 users

Mr Brownstone

King oath, bring back Jack!! And let's bring Vaughny with him.. interesting seeing Baz was gonna re-sign Vaughan before he got the arse, I'd take em both
You are surely taking the piss? It can’t be possible that there are still Warriors fans out there that can’t see our biggest problems that continue to hold us back? Along with quality coaching, we need leadership & intelligence in our playing squad, not mad cu#ts and dumb arses.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brownstone

Shut the fuck up dickhead, every second person in the forum has said they'd take Jack back and even have a look at Vaughn but you single my comment out? Go crawl back into your whole and come back in 7 days when you've thought up your next comment
Calm down. There are plenty that aren’t keen on Hetherington and as for a Paul Vaughan - why would we want to bring a bloke with his off field track record into the club? He’s the type of individual we need to avoid.

Reactions: 14 users
This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.