General 2022 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise Thread

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

2022 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise Thread

970618_1695416017340936_7478782895337369323_n.jpg

Just thought I'd start up this thread for any new news or leaks.

Also have to tell you that from what I have heard Canterbury no longer have the Warriors suppliers contract. My source is 95% on that. I'm digging around other sources to try find out who might have the new gig but its not hard to tell from the OP pic who I've heard the top contender is.

Please remember that if your post is about the 2021 range than please ensure you post it to its relevant thread.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012

Also have to tell you that from what I have heard Canterbury no longer have the Warriors suppliers contract. My source is 95% on that. I'm digging around other sources to try find out who might have the new gig but its not hard to tell from the OP pic who I've heard the top contender is.

Please remember that if your post is about the 2021 range than please ensure you post it to its relevant thread.

saw a post yesterday, sorry cant remember thread or who from but on here that said puma have gotten it. There was some debate about it at the time.

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas

Nice work Welly, good timing. Qstn - I though jersey re-designs had a minimum 2 or 3yr tenure, if so, would the new supplier simply pick up the current design or would that risk some sort of infringement?

Could be an interesting one where supplier contract tenures don’t match design minimum tenure.

Can’t be the first time so perhaps there’s clauses in the NRL sanctioned design contract that would allow for transferability for that IP.

Not suggesting we’d know of course, only pondering.....anyway, Happy Fkn Easter all...

kabkram

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 21, 2015
I know ownership has changed hands several times, but seriously I feel embarrassed and f##koff'd that I go to a game and there is no consistency in our colours, you'll see 15 different jerseys before you'll see the one you're wearing

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Nice work Welly, good timing. Qstn - I though jersey re-designs had a minimum 2 or 3yr tenure, if so, would the new supplier simply pick up the current design or would that risk some sort of infringement?

Could be an interesting one where supplier contract tenures don’t match design minimum tenure.

Can’t be the first time so perhaps there’s clauses in the NRL sanctioned design contract that would allow for transferability for that IP.

Not suggesting we’d know of course, only pondering.....anyway, Happy Fkn Easter all...
No idea sorry. The rules around merch are very complicated. Had some of it explained to me and half of it went straight over my head.

I wonder if this seasons jersey is considered a new design or a tweaked 2018???

Reactions: Vancent

scree

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 11, 2013
Bad timing in my opinion. Canterbury has offered a really solid range of uniforms and supporter gear over the last couple of seasons, they finally got everything right. I hope the club can stick with the current colours and designs, regardless of brand.

PS: I didn't even know Puma still existed.

Reactions: Billyspleen75

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Puma will need to step up their game with off field gear, their design team in general are a bit lazy and tend to just slap team colours on an existing range.
Surprised a bit with the aggressive increase in sports from them lately- particularly in league where I know they have little interest. They’ve lost a couple of Football and AFL teams of late so maybe they’re trying a different direction?
During the pandemic they weren’t doing so flash from a financial point of view, I hope this doesn’t end in tears.
Overall disappointing if Canterbury is pulling out as I think in the last couple of seasons they’ve really nailed it and I don’t think Puma is a great replacement- would have rather they’d gone a bit more ‘local’ with a Dynasty or Paladin, at least the off field stuff would be decent

Reactions: shuffle

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

Think it’s a bit of a ‘Get out of jail free’ card.
Pretty sure the Titans and Cows in recent years have changed after a year due to a new supplier

Reactions: Vancent

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
They were with Puma before Canterbury? Looked up 2008 and it looks like the 2008 home jersey was made by Puma. From memory my 2008 one has a different fit to the Canterbury ones. Lets see how their jerseys look/fit 15 years later. Er new jersesys noy the old ones on an person 15 years older.;)

A good contract for Puma if the clubs sales are similar to what they were a few years ago. Might also be good timing if things turn around on the field.

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
No idea sorry. The rules around merch are very complicated. Had some of it explained to me and half of it went straight over my head.

I wonder if this seasons jersey is considered a new design or a tweaked 2018???
I’m going with tweaked if Puma is around next year

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
I am a bit late to the party on this one, just saw a post on Instagram this morning.
Bit of a shock as I have been loving our Canterbury gear, especially from the last few seasons...on field and off field.
I thought we could eventually see Canterbury back as the Kiwis sponsor and have them really corner that league market in NZ. Don't think any other brand has that nostalgia attached to it for NZ supporters.
If it's true about Puma then that's a double blow as I really dislike that brand. I actively avoid collecting the gear they have already produced for the club...I hate their clothes, shoes and general vibe.
Asics would have been a better option. They have been making nice gear lately and are or were already a shoe/boot sponsor so there must be an existing relationship there.
Nike would be the dream but they haven't touched the league market since cutting ties with the Broncos.

All good things come to an end and it gives me another clearly defined era of Warriors gear to focus on now along with the 90s stuff I already have.

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
CCC did a great job on the playing jerseys especially in recent times but were underwhelming to say the least with the supporters gear.
A massive financial opportunity for the club if they can get this category nailed down.

Reactions: Defence

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
CCC did a great job on the playing jerseys especially in recent times but were underwhelming to say the least with the supporters gear.
A massive financial opportunity for the club if they can get this category nailed down.

A lot of the supporter gear is out of the jersey sponsor and club's hands.
The players have to actually be seen to be wearing all of the items they produce in a game day situation. I know there were a lot of items and fabric variations that they couldn't get across the line because of these rules.

The NRL sell off the rights to other brands (who do a shocking job) and the gear is mainly sold at cheap stores in Australia.

In saying that though, in the last three years Canterbury have produced a few really great off field items that will certainly stand up in the future. For example the anorak and the two long sleeve supporter jerseys.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings