State of Origin 2022 State of Origin

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I've thrown out s couple of suggestions, gREVUS gREVUS your call bro.
sorry went to bed early

I would love to see the down trou, but thats setting us up for revenge, so maybe just the first one. THe Big Bold QLD rocks.

or this one MOM but with his tweeds on

1654732256397.png

I’m a Queensland fan but this would be my Blues side for game 2,

Tedesco
To’o
Mitchell
Staggs
Addo-Carr
Wighton
Cleary
Haas
Cook
Campbell-Gillard
Murray
Crichton
Yeo

Hynes
Paulo
Finucane
Olakau’atu

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Finally caught up on it. Excellent game. It really is the top level of the sport.
Until u get into the internationals
I really hate the way they change the rules for the game though. It was obvious that the ref had been told to play on as much as possible. If it were a normal game there would have been many more calls and whistle stoppages.
Now the players know what to expect, I predict much more niggle in game 2.
Also a ref 'encouraged' square up to make for a blockbuster 3rd game

Reactions: Jay M
Until u get into the internationals
I really hate the way they change the rules for the game though. It was obvious that the ref had been told to play on as much as possible. If it were a normal game there would have been many more calls and whistle stoppages.
Now the players know what to expect, I predict much more niggle in game 2.
Also a ref 'encouraged' square up to make for a blockbuster 3rd game

I'm a big fan of International RL and it's what we need for the sport to grow, but I don't think we get as many Internationals that are as good 'quality' watching as Origin is.

Good on Haumole Olakau’atu for what looks like a commitment to playing for Tonga. If he doesn't want to play for NSW that's his choice. Really looking forward to the upcoming Kiwis v Tonga game.

Hasler's statements put unfair pressure on him:
“Origin is a rare game. It’s a piece of history and I know it’s a piece of history for any players’ aspirations. “He’ll get good counsel in making that decision.”

Tonga are making history and there is a proud decades long representation of the Kiwi jersey too.

Last edited:
Tupou to stick with NSW.

I know we allow Pacific Island players to play origin and for 2nd tier PI nations and that was to prop up those teams but you don't have to do that anymore. They've got depth now up the wazoo

If it was up to me I wouldn't pick him for Tonga in the world cup There are plenty of players who want to play for Tonga and obviously he's not 100% committed.